Kahr Lube Diagram [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kahr Lube Diagram

BackDraft
06-22-2005, 22:42
This was made by Michigun and it seems that alot of members haven't seen it or know where to find it. So I asked the Admins to make it a sticky.

Daynja
06-22-2005, 23:30
I pull that out everytime. :) Thanks again for making that michigun. :)

jam_ppp
06-23-2005, 05:48
It's also the last page of the detail strip sticky

Michigun
06-23-2005, 07:49
Good idea BackDraft ^c… that’ll surly make finding that diagram a bit easier for those that may be interested in seeing it.

Originally posted by Daynja
I pull that out everytime. :)

Why, so you can use it as a spill mat only while cleaning & lubing your Kahr? ;f

Originally posted by Daynja
Thanks again for making that michigun. :)

Glad to hear that Daynja & you are VERY welcome! I'm just happy that it seems to work as well for others as it has for me.

Originally posted by jam_ppp
It's also the last page of the detail strip sticky

That is correct & that was also all WIG19’s doing! ^c (I didn’t originally include the Lube Diagram in the Detail Strip Instructions… never thought about it till WIG19 said something… he added it while converting the instructions to pdf.)

FYI, you’ll also find the Lube Diagram a few posts down in the “Detail Stripping the Kahr's Upper” thread. (Figured I’d toss it in there as well.)

Banshee365
11-15-2005, 21:56
Where's the diagram?

-Kelly

Undead Jed
11-16-2005, 03:14
Was kinda wondering the same thing myself. :cool:

Michigun
11-16-2005, 08:28
Here it is again... BackDraft's link must have been broken.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Michigun/Kahr/KahrLubePoints.jpg

Michigun
11-16-2005, 08:29
And here it is again as an attachment:

BackDraft
11-17-2005, 17:36
Thank Michigun , I was out the last few days in your neighborhood dropping off a few loads. Next time I'm up there I let you know maybe we can hook up.

Michigun
11-21-2005, 07:03
Originally posted by BackDraft
... I was out the last few days in your neighborhood dropping off a few loads. Next time I'm up there I let you know maybe we can hook up.

Most definitely! ^c

agksimon
11-24-2005, 19:56
I use and highly recommend Tetra Gun Grease in very minute quantities on the slide rails and bottom of slide that cocks the hammer. I have never found anything that works as well.

HiCap1
12-10-2005, 10:31
Slide Glide? I use it on 1911's and on my Kahrs.

HiCap

HeadShrink
12-12-2005, 03:47
I assume this works for the metal frames too?

Michigun
12-12-2005, 06:18
Originally posted by HeadShrink
I assume this works for the metal frames too?

It certainly will, just ignore #10 is all. :)

HeadShrink
12-12-2005, 11:47
Brace yourself, here is a really newbie question:
Aren't you supposed to lightly oil the entire outside too? I have always had a glock with the tenifer coating, and as we all know, that doesn't need much at all.

Michigun
12-12-2005, 13:45
Aren't you supposed to lightly oil the entire outside too?

Well, the above diagram is only meant to deal with the “lubing” portion for the Kahr… what you’re talking about is the “protection” part… two different things as some lubes have ZERO protection value.

HeadShrink
12-12-2005, 14:12
Good clarification.

How do you "protect" a Kahr (metal)?

Michigun
12-12-2005, 14:40
How do you "protect" a Kahr (metal)?

I like to use CLP myself… I just soak a cleaning patch in it, wipe it all over everything & then take a clean cloth &/or patch & wipe as much of it off everything as possible… no fear, it’s still there protecting! ^c (That’s the step I do before I start going through the lube diagram above with my lube of choice.)

They say CLP (which stands for Clean Lube & Protect) does it all, but I find it a mediocre at best “cleaner” & absolutely worthless as a “lube”… but its “protective” properties are one of the best out there!

BackDraft
12-13-2005, 07:19
Originally posted by Michigun
I like to use CLP myself… I just soak a cleaning patch in it, wipe it all over everything & then take a clean cloth &/or patch & wipe as much of it off everything as possible… no fear, it’s still there protecting! ^c (That’s the step I do before I start going through the lube diagram above with my lube of choice.)

They say CLP (which stands for Clean Lube & Protect) does it all, but I find it a mediocre at best “cleaner” & absolutely worthless as a “lube”… but its “protective” properties are one of the best out there! I agree with you about the CLP. I have been using your lube and some other from KG so far they have lasted well at the training classes. Just finished the last one and my Kahr hit the 15,000 round make but I also tested a MK9 & PM9 side by side during the last 2 classes. They both worked great I noticed you have to pay more attention to lubing and the recoil springs. Now I just have to choose one next spring,lol.

glocker199
03-07-2006, 08:22
Originally posted by agksimon
I use and highly recommend Tetra Gun Grease in very minute quantities on the slide rails and bottom of slide that cocks the hammer. I have never found anything that works as well.

I agree. Oil sucks for the slide rails as it all runs out the muzzle end after a couple days of carry.

mtbikebj
05-17-2006, 19:31
Thanks again for making that michigun. I have a pm9 and just picked up a 40. The nine has 1000 rds thru it without any problem. hope I have the same experience with my pm40.

HeadShrink
05-18-2006, 10:43
What about that copper stuff... the stuff that comes on Glock rails? What is that called?

BackDraft
06-02-2006, 13:04
I think its some sort of anti seize compound for long term storage.

mtbikebj
06-28-2006, 19:53
thanks michigun for this helpful lube diagram. I have applied it to all my auto's.

thefeck
07-15-2006, 19:57
Originally posted by glocker199
I agree. Oil sucks for the slide rails as it all runs out the muzzle end after a couple days of carry.

I have had very good luck with the MMC products on my PM9. They have a metal conditioner; a fast evaporating residue cleaner; and a metal protector/conditioner in a pump spray container. Interestingly enough, Kel-tec supplies a sample bottle of MMC metal conditioner with each P3-AT 380 Auto.

Cousin
07-16-2006, 19:20
Excellent diagram. Saw it yesterday morning and referred to it last night as I was cleaning and lubricating my new PM9. I've been using a white hi-performance pistol grease (a bit expensive) that has very good cling, slip properties and doesn't thicken or gum up. The red grease I used to use (injector tube) seemed okay but it is a bit thick and sticky in comparison. Thanks for the great information!

morgantheship
01-03-2007, 21:28
Great Diagram for lubing my P9. Have printed a color copy to keep at my work bench. Thanks.

BackDraft
02-01-2007, 11:46
Here it is again

Rich Herrin
03-18-2008, 13:24
For you that use grease, how do you apply it to the rail grooves and slide rails? I use Wilson't ultralube grease and have a chore trying to get it thin and evenly spread. It works much better than oil and definitely doesn't run out into the pocket or holster.

firstluff
07-06-2008, 15:18
Many thanks, Michigun, for a very useful post.

NotSoFast
08-31-2008, 22:22
I just started using EEZOX. I bought mine at MidwayUSA.

Here's the info page on it.

http://www.eezox.com/gun-care.html

billye1952
09-13-2008, 19:43
OILING OR LUBING THE UPPER RECEIVER IS THE SAME THING ON BOTH GLOCK
AND KAHR PISTOL. WHICH HE SHOWN ON HIS POST. SAME LOCATION POINT
ON BOTH WEAPON

billye1952

BlueWing
11-01-2008, 17:23
Can someone tell me where I can see a copy of the diagram you are talking about?

AZ Traveler
11-01-2008, 21:16
Seventh Post on First Page.

BigMatt
11-01-2008, 21:41
Hoppes number 9 a good lube for Kahrs?? bought a CW45 today

AZ Traveler
11-01-2008, 21:44
Hoppes # 9 is not a lube. It is a cleaning solvent. There are some cleaners that lube too CLP for example. I would use Hoppes # 9 as a lube.

YMMV

MaddogDuck
06-08-2009, 15:02
Thanks for the diagram. This was a huge help to me as I'm new to handguns. My PM9's guide rod is actually made up of a pair of concentric rods and springs. Is putting a drop of oil on the smaller rod/spring good enough or is there a trick to cleaning/oiling that sucker?

MD

TwistedSS
11-27-2009, 16:06
Good info.

KahrBoy
01-16-2010, 23:32
I like Militec. Comes as an oil and as a grease. Protects even when dry as it gets "baked in" with use/heat.

http://militec.com/

Animalmother
04-02-2010, 13:51
Very useful info. I will be getting a P380 in a few weeks.

Z71bill
02-28-2011, 19:53
Here it is again... BackDraft's link must have been broken.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Michigun/Kahr/KahrLubePoints.jpg

I don't agree with all of these lube points - course you can do whatever you want - it's your gun. But over oiling can be just as bad as not enough oil.

IMHO you should not LUBE

Area #9 - pick up rail - why would you want oil on this part? It comes in contact with the rounds in your mag - you sure as heck do not want oil on your ammo.

Area # 7 & 8 do not need much oil - if you have slopped this area up with oil then you should pull the slide back plate off and clean the gunk out of your striker channel.

I do put a VERY small amount of oil on the cocking cam - which is the part that moves and rubs on part # 7 & 8. Maybe it's 6 of 1 - 1/2 a dozen of the other - but I think it reduces the chance of getting oil inside your striker channel.

Putting oil on your recoil spring is also a poor idea - I do oil this area - but use a dry cloth to remove all excess lube - leaving behind a part that may have an oil residue but NO visible oil.

BackDraft
12-01-2013, 14:18
Sorry I haven't been on or posted much in the last couple of years. With over 50,000 rounds fired out of my steel Kahr E9 I found the guide helps but each will lube to their liken. Over the last 15 years owning this Kahr and several others I have come up with something that works for me. I use hoppes 9 for cleaning, lubing I use 3in1 with motorkote 50/50 mix. As far as grease goes I use it on slide rails only. I use Tetra or don't recall the name but its a black grease with grafite. As far as failures recoil spring was the main cause after 3000 rounds.
In today's dry firearms it hard to deal with a wet gun like the Kahr. The guide is just that. To help show where lube is needed and what has worked for other members.