Do we want Ping? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Do we want Ping?

9MX
06-23-2005, 19:09
Of course not! Lacson in power might spell the end for civilian gun ownership. But he is making a run for it now, hah! :(

Ping makes bid to unite Gloria’s foes

Sen. Panfilo Lacson on Thursday presented himself as the unifier of forces that are demanding the resignation of President Arroyo.

In a press conference at the Manila Hotel, Lacson announced the launching of "Be Not Afraid" movement, which he said will distribute CDs of the supposed wiretaps of the President’s conversation with former election commissioner Virgilio Garcillano as a way of informing the people about massive fraud in last year’s election.

Lacson also showed what he said were election returns with spurious signatures as proof that Mrs. Arroyo cheated.

He said the Commission on Elections had ordered 30,000 extra election returns from private printers, which he said had ended up in Arroyo bailiwicks like Cebu, Iloilo, Pampanga and Las Piñas.

He said the returns could easily translate into six million votes. Mrs. Arroyo won the election by about a million votes.

Lacson, who was himself a presidential candidate, ended up in third place.

He produced a return from a precinct in San Fernando, Pampanga, which he said bore no accountable form number. "You will note that although the page numbers are printed, the numbers in the accountable form are not. Why? Elementary. So the Arroyo operators can prefabricate page one. Election returns come in six copies and page one is where the presidential listing is found," he said.

He also presented returns from Floridablanca, Pampanga, and Las Piñas City, which he said looked as if they were written by one person.

He added that four boxes of the returns are "now in possession of a man of the cloth."

Lacson also warned Garcillano that his life was in danger and urged him to divulge what he knew of the administration’s plan to rig the polls.

Lacson revealed that Public Works Secretary Hermogenes Ebdane and another group had been hiding Garcillano in Manila.

He also called on President Arroyo to break her silence on the authenticity of the recordings.

He said that at this point he is calling for Mrs. Arroyo’s resignation but will wait for her to admit that it was her voice on the tape.

The press conference gathered for the first time opposition figures from the camps of Lacson and Fernando Poe.

Among those who attended were Mayor Jejomar Binay of Makati, House Minority Leader Francis Escudero, Representatives Ronaldo Zamora, Angelito Banayo, Agapito Aquino.

There were also business personalities like Peter Wallace and Betsy Quisumbing of the Cebu Chamber of Commerce.

Lacson said he has been receiving feelers from other groups, some from the armed services.

He declined to name his military supporters. "If I give their names they will lose their job," he said.

Senate Minority Leader Aquilino Pimentel Jr. said he was not informed of Lacson’s press conference.

He chose to keep his peace on Lacson’s attempt to unify the opposition.

"My activities are confined to the Senate. I am for a peaceful and constitutional means," Pimentel said. Patricia Esteves and ABS-CBN

Pepe G Boy
06-23-2005, 22:22
Originally posted by 9MX

".....I am for a peaceful and constitutional means," Pimentel said. Patricia Esteves and ABS-CBN

Agree with Pimentel.

bulm540
06-23-2005, 23:04
I hope not. He is sinister.

Allegra
06-23-2005, 23:58
I like him
He cleaned up the PNP when he was chief , it was obvious to all who ran a trucking biz

He's got ladership skills which the country needs more than ever

Plus, his children have never been in trouble even when he was in power

To the surprise of my family, and myself, I voted for him

Lahat naman sila sinister :)

jasonub
06-24-2005, 00:00
My vote is that the Philippines become the 54th state of the United States of America;f

homer_m
06-24-2005, 00:31
Originally posted by jasonub
My vote is that the Philippines become the 54th state of the United States of America;f

+1 and dave skinner for governor!;K ;?

doctabako
06-24-2005, 01:24

;f
As Pres.Manuel Quezon said(not the exact words but something like this)

" I prefer a government run like hell by Filipinos than a government run like heaven by the Americans"

Then again haven't we had enough of hellish governments run like hell by Filipinos and is it high time to see what heaven feels like? ;f ;a That would of course presuppose that a gov't run by the Americans would feel like heaven.....I doubt it.

Problem with statehood proponents is that they haven't even bothered to ask if America will accept us(warts and all) ;f

Points to ponder and not to be taken seriously:)

atmarcella
06-24-2005, 03:29

akala ko 50 lang sila, cno yung 3 bago? but i agree, if quezon were alive today i'd answer him "welcome to hell!!!".

antediluvianist
06-24-2005, 03:32
We will eventually be absorbed into Greater Shenzen.

kent
06-24-2005, 05:45
My vote is that the Philippines become the 54th state of the United States of America

this is wishfull thingking, why will they even acknowledge us.

We will eventually be absorbed into Greater Shenzen

they once rule part of this archipelago and indonesia, given up and went home, their official report, states that the inhabitants are;

men = no honor
women = no morals
dogs = bark incessantly without cause
roosters = crows at all time

(uncivilized and cannot be taught to be otherwise)

this was long before spain set foot in asia

i_am_infinity
06-24-2005, 08:29
In all honesty, he is what our country needs now...but i know it'll be HELL for us gun owners again!! Wag na nga lang....;a ;f

vega
06-24-2005, 09:03
Alam ko 52 lang ang states, sino yung pang 53rd?

vega

vega
06-24-2005, 09:13
Originally posted by vega

edited to add - My bad, 50 lang pala and states, so sino yung 4 na nadagdag?

http://www.50states.com/

vega

mbclubph
06-24-2005, 15:17
hi bogs

panfi jr. sen lacson's son is a good friend of mine and to tell you honestly he is a very simple guy i think at this point our country needs a person like sen ping lacson im not saying this because he's our friend i know he will be a good leader you can check it thru his record. the lacson brothers jay,bubuy,pampi,jek-jek were raised properly by sen. lacson. naiisip ko minsan paano magiging mahusay na leader ng bansa kung ang mismong anak ng leader ay hindi mapasunod. LETS SUPPORT SEN. LACSON!!! BE NOT AFRAID!!!

9MX
06-24-2005, 15:46
Originally posted by mbclubph
LETS SUPPORT SEN. LACSON!!! BE NOT AFRAID!!!

unless he changes his position on gun ownership,no way!

personally, one side of me likes the leadership of ping, but still now way:(

bulm540
06-24-2005, 16:34
Originally posted by 9MX

personally, one side of me likes the leadership of ping, but still now way:(
Ditto!! You must wonder why he does not want the law abiding citizens
to have firearms. Is there a hidden agenda??

PMMA97
06-24-2005, 18:48
Ang alam ko ang Puerto Rico na annex na...ano yung other added states?

bulm540
06-24-2005, 18:56
Puerto RIco is a U.S terriroty as a result of the Spanish American War. They don't have voting rights.

9MX
06-24-2005, 19:49
Originally posted by bulm540
Ditto!! You must wonder why he does not want the law abiding citizens
to have firearms. Is there a hidden agenda??

Well AFAIK, he was a member of the dreaded MISG during martial law. In fact, he started his military career during martial law. So he probably wants something like this without actually declaring so.

KenC
06-24-2005, 19:59
Puerto RIco is a U.S terriroty as a result of the Spanish American War. They don't have voting rights.

Guam is also a territory without voting rights. HOWEVER, they do have all the other benefits and they run their own country.
I am not a citizen here so I really don't have a say but, I wouldn't vote for anyone who will take away your right to have a gun for protection and recreation.
The countries who take the guns usually take more than your guns.

;b :) :soap:

antediluvianist
06-24-2005, 20:04
His children might be good people - I'll take your word for it - but they shine mainly in comparison to Mikey, Jinggoy, *******s like that. Ping's kids are decent , normal people, apparently. In fairness, that's a lot to say for children of politicians these days. Their Pop wasn't always a politician so they grew up normally.

Still, we don't choose a President because of his children. If we did, Estrada and GMA would never have had a chance.

Let the Constitution be respected; and that means GMA must resign or be impeached, and (gulp!) Noli the corrupt moron will become President. Well, the Filipino people chose him. After he screws up , and he will, then Ping will have a good chance.

kent
06-24-2005, 23:05
what does starting his military career during the martial law has anything to do with his being anti gun rights? he was an officer then and doing his job.....
...if you'd recall former president fidel ramos was chief of constabulary then but he was not anti gun during his presidency,
...or juan ponce enrile for that matter,

correct me if i'm wrong.

Allegra
06-24-2005, 23:54
whats his clear position on gun ownership ba?
If I remember, PTC lang siya nag higpit, parang ngayon. whats the difference?At least nuon, hindi pabago-bago isip parang babae
in fact, he allowed ownership ng long arms. Di tulad ngayon.
At the current rate of our economy,Soon, only few of us would be able to afford guns anyway

If he was corrupt, why would his boy michael ray aquino work as a nurse sa US??
He's got a lot of powerful enemies with vast resources, none of whom could prove he did anything wrong.

He scares a lot of people, pero I believe yun nga kailangan dito.
Mayor duterte is a tough guy pero I wouldnt hesitate to move to Davao City

And , yes, when i look at a leader. i lokk at the people who surround him and that includes his family.

ilocano
06-25-2005, 00:21
Alot of PNP officers (and their WIVES especially) that i had a chat with hated Ping when he was CPNP. Why? Because of his no take policy. Apparently, the whole PNP flock was afraid of him so they followed. Needless to say, if ping can do this to one of the most corrupt agency in this government then he can do the same with RP.

Ping is decisive and fair. Even his mistahs (PMA class 71) were not spared of his being dedicated to his duties.

If having ping as President means goodbye to PTCs,etc.- then so be it. I won't trade it with economic progress & peace and order.

royal glockster
06-25-2005, 01:56
Originally posted by doctabako
;f
As Pres.Manuel Quezon said(not the exact words but something like this)

" I prefer a government run like hell by Filipinos than a government run like heaven by the Americans"

Then again haven't we had enough of hellish governments run like hell by Filipinos and is it high time to see what heaven feels like? ;f ;a That would of course presuppose that a gov't run by the Americans would feel like heaven.....I doubt it.

Problem with statehood proponents is that they haven't even bothered to ask if America will accept us(warts and all) ;f

Points to ponder and not to be taken seriously:)

+1, If you really want the Philippines to become another state by the US, go to America, live there, sing the star spangled banner, forget the filipino language, renounce your pinoy citizenship. Then....feel how the caucasian americans (superior race?) treat their little brown brothers.

;z

9MX
06-25-2005, 02:57
Please keep in mind the GT rules

:cool:

9MX
06-25-2005, 03:01
Originally posted by kent
what does starting his military career during the martial law has anything to do with his being anti gun rights? he was an officer then and doing his job.....
...if you'd recall former president fidel ramos was chief of constabulary then but he was not anti gun during his presidency,
...or juan ponce enrile for that matter,

correct me if i'm wrong.

kent,

the martial law era could have a hand in molding his mindset, managemet style, etc. which could be manifesting now. at that time martial law was the equivalent of an iron hand and ping is a leader with na iron hand (make that a hard chromed one ;f)as for him doing his job during his MISG days, well.. maybe ante can share some stories during that time. i've read about his not so nice exploits on one of the major dailies before.

KenC
06-25-2005, 03:54
Then....feel how the caucasian americans (superior race?) treat their little brown brothers.

I tried to just observe and read but there are some who just cannot permit that.

First of all, I do not consider myself an member of a superior race.
For one thing, I can only speak one language. I am not as industrious, etc.

Second, I do NOT consider the Filipino as a "little brown brother". Brothers yes.

Third, I have chosen to live here with my Filipina wife and try to help others when possible. Should the situation come to it, I would be willing to fight for this Country even though I am not a citizen and have no rights here.

All Americans are not prejudice.

As to the rest of that post, those in Guam seem perfectly to be Guamanians and Americans. They have no intention of giving up their heritage. I hope the Philippines always keep theirs also.

Thank you for listening. KenC:)

toxic
06-25-2005, 06:50

vega

IRAQ;f

Allegra
06-25-2005, 07:12
No incendiary posts please ( naks, nagsalita :))

Allegra
06-25-2005, 07:13
If having ping as President means goodbye to PTCs,etc.- then so be it. I won't trade it with economic progress & peace and order. [/B][/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly

bulm540
06-25-2005, 07:36
Originally posted by 9MX
Well AFAIK, he was a member of the dreaded MISG during martial law. In fact, he started his military career during martial law. So he probably wants something like this without actually declaring so.
There you go!!! So he can impose his will on the people and the people could not fight back.

bulm540
06-25-2005, 07:41
Originally posted by KenC
Then....feel how the caucasian americans (superior race?) treat their little brown brothers.

I tried to just observe and read but there are some who just cannot permit that.

First of all, I do not consider myself an member of a superior race.
For one thing, I can only speak one language. I am not as industrious, etc.

Second, I do NOT consider the Filipino as a "little brown brother". Brothers yes.

Third, I have chosen to live here with my Filipina wife and try to help others when possible. Should the situation come to it, I would be willing to fight for this Country even though I am not a citizen and have no rights here.

As to the rest of that post, those in Guam seem perfectly to be Guamanians and Americans. They have no intention of giving up their heritage. I hope the Philippines always keep theirs also.

Thank you for listening. KenC:)
Ditto!!!

9MX
06-25-2005, 09:00
KenC, nice post^6

Allegra,

incendiary means....

hay, i must be sleeping when one of teachers from prep to post grad taught this one
;Q ;f

Allegra
06-25-2005, 09:27
Originally posted by 9MX
KenC, nice post^6

Allegra,

incendiary means....

hay, i must be sleeping when one of teachers from prep to post grad taught this one
;Q ;f

Here ya go :

in·cen·di·ar·y

in·cen·di·ar·y [in séndee èrree]
adj
1. arms containing chemicals that cause fire: containing highly flammable substances that will cause a fire on impact
2. likely to catch fire: able to catch fire spontaneously or cause a fire easily
3. inciting civil unrest: designed or likely to cause civil unrest
4. relating to arson: relating to or involving the illegal burning of property

n (plural in·cen·di·ar·ies)
1. or in·cen·di·ar·y or in·cen·di·ar·y bomb (plural in·cen·di·ar·y bombs) arms bomb designed to cause a fire: a bomb or missile containing a highly flammable substance such as napalm, designed to cause a fire on impact
2. somebody inciting trouble: somebody who stirs up trouble or violence, especially with political motives (formal)
3. arsonist: somebody who illegally sets fire to property (formal)

[15th century. From Latin incendiarius , from incendium “conflagration,” from incendere (see incense1).]
Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2004. © 1993-2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

vega
06-25-2005, 09:33
Originally posted by toxic
IRAQ;f
LOL ;a ;a ;a

So ano nga ang ibig sabihin ng incendiary???

Then....feel how the caucasian americans (superior race?) treat their little brown brothers. There might be some but not definitely all. In fact it is our own little brown brothers who might treat you like they are more superior. I've encounter some.

vega

Allegra
06-25-2005, 09:39
There you go!!! So he can impose his will on the people and the people could not fight back.

Thats a popular line among the gun crowd :)

I remember we people powered 2 presidents
i was there at the EDSA shrine and I was thinkin we must be the only country in the world who can overthrow the govt by having one big street party
Guns are only tools lang

jasonub
06-25-2005, 09:42
someone who we all know asked everyone of its citizens to register and surrender their firearms. not so long ago. Adolf Hitler.

Allegra
06-25-2005, 09:44

Thats a popular line among the gun crowd :)

I remember we people powered 2 presidents
i was there at the EDSA shrine and I was thinkin we must be the only country in the world who can overthrow the govt by having one big street party
Guns are only tools lang

9MX
06-25-2005, 09:46
LOL ;a ;a ;a

There might be some but not definitely all. In fact it is our own little brown brothers who might treat you like they are more superior. I've encounter some.

vega

OT:true, especially those who migrated to the US, they would even give you the look when they hear you speaking in Pilipino..as if it wasn't their first language..so kaka;P

jasonub
06-25-2005, 18:53
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 9MX
OT:true, especially those who migrated to the US, they would even give you the look when they hear you speaking in Pilipino..as if it wasn't their first language..so kaka;P [/QUOT

give them the finger ;)

antediluvianist
06-25-2005, 19:28
NO TALK, no tax.

This was the subtle warning aired yesterday by former Sen. Rene Saguisag in the course of adding his voice to calls for President Macapagal-Arroyo to speak out on the controversial tape purportedly indicating that fraud had marked the 2004 presidential election.

Saguisag, a human rights lawyer who fought Ferdinand Marcos' dictatorship and who now counsels ousted President Joseph Estrada, said Ms Arroyo was "but a public servant who cannot choose when to answer a legitimate question from a very concerned citizenry.

"We, the sovereign people, have a right to know from our servant," Saguisag said in a statement.

"If she wishes to answer when the time is proper, then we, the sovereign people, should also be allowed to pay taxes when we deem it proper," he said.

(Yup, you can see Moody's and Fitch downgrading our rating further as the actually relatively few taxpayers in the Philippines , as a percentage of the population , refuse to pay . Nope, not a good idea.)

royal glockster
06-25-2005, 22:32

Thank you for listening. KenC:) [/B]

I'm sorry KenC if i have offended you. I'm being biased here. I just hope my mother lied to me when she told me that she had a very bad experience in a department store in New York city back in 1998.

9MX, I apologize if i have violated GT rules. Sorry sir! :(

Regarding the issue, i still prefer a filipino leader whoever he/she is as long as he/she is the real choice of the majority. Forget the statehood, the US probably would find it very hard to subsidize the 80M filipinos.
;e

blindshooter
06-25-2005, 23:17
My vote is that the Philippines become the 54th state of the United States of America;f What made you think the U.S.A. wants you as one of it's States? What do we have to gain to make you the 54th state? Besides, it won't work because the TNTs won't be as "popular" anymore if you are part of the U.S. of A. ;z

toxic
06-26-2005, 01:33
LOL ;a ;a ;a

There might be some but not definitely all. In fact it is our own little brown brothers who might treat you like they are more superior. I've encounter some.

vega

you got that right ^c

OT:true, especially those who migrated to the US, they would even give you the look when they hear you speaking in Pilipino..as if it wasn't their first language..so kaka

Di lang sanay ng tagalog yon baka sa bundok pinanganak .;z

9MX
06-26-2005, 03:17
BOGs,

It is that time again;P

Let us stick to the agreed plan:cool:

atmarcella
06-26-2005, 06:48
going back to the subject, i think ping will do us good the way duterte did davao good, si gloria kasi ugali babae talaga, hangang salita lang, humahaba na humahaba ang pila sa death row, di nya kaya pumatay, pa urong urong pa, tuloy si bunye natutulala din, just my .02:)

Alexii
06-26-2005, 06:53
We are discussing a sensitive topic here.

I remind everyone to abide by the GT rules. Remember, if you cannot make your statement face to face to the addressed person in his house while both of you have pistols in the waistband, then it's most likely a comment not worth posting.

Keep cool, guys.

vega
06-26-2005, 10:01
Originally posted by 9MX
BOGs,
It is that time again;P
Let us stick to the agreed plan:cool:

;)

vega

KenC
06-26-2005, 23:47
Originally posted by royal glockster
I'm sorry KenC if i have offended you. I'm being biased here. I just hope my mother lied to me when she told me that she had a very bad experience in a department store in New York city back in 1998.

9MX, I apologize if i have violated GT rules. Sorry sir! :(

Regarding the issue, i still prefer a filipino leader whoever he/she is as long as he/she is the real choice of the majority. Forget the statehood, the US probably would find it very hard to subsidize the 80M filipinos.
;e

Don't worry about it. You were forgiven long ago.
I can understand the bad experience in the States, they act as though anyone who does not speak perfect english without an accent is below them in many cases. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that many have never been outside the US. It is probably much the same with many who have not left the Philippines here. They just do not understand the difference in the cultures.
Personally, I wish I usnderstood the Philippine culture better. I still make many mistakes and some are offensive ( unintentional).
I am still learning.

mikey177
06-27-2005, 00:51
I don't want Ping because I don't want to live in an authoritarian state. Sure, he is very strict and all his actions AS OF NOW may be beyond reproach and untainted by corruption, but let us remember that no one is incorruptible. If Ping gets a shot at the Presidency and he slowly, imperceptibly takes away our gun rights and other civil rights a bit at a time in the name of discipline and national progress, how are we going to be able to fight back when Ping changes from a benevolent dictator into a ruthless tyrant?

When government has absolute power, who is going to keep it in check?

I'd rather have 70 million Filipinos who are educated, vigilant, self-sacrificing and conscientious than one leader who is squeaky clean.

toxic
06-27-2005, 02:02
Don't worry about it. You were forgiven long ago.
I can understand the bad experience in the States, they act as though anyone who does not speak perfect english without an accent is below them in many cases. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that many have never been outside the US. It is probably much the same with many who have not left the Philippines here. They just do not understand the difference in the cultures.
Personally, I wish I understood the Philippine culture better. I still make many mistakes and some are offensive ( unintentional).
I am still learning.

^6 KenC you're the man!!

Back to Ping..

Mr. Ping you'll get my vote if you can neutralize the extremist/separa
tist, who has been giving headaches to the countryside and the street protesters who yaps about everything.

ilocano
06-27-2005, 02:14
Originally posted by toxic
the street protesters who yaps about everything.

uy unconstitutional yan balak mo ser:)

but hey, I have to give it to ping when he answers controversies/intrigues that are hurled at him. Diretso sumagot walang paligoy ligoy.

Phantasm
06-27-2005, 07:21
Originally posted by mikey177
I'd rather have 70 million Filipinos who are educated, vigilant, self-sacrificing and conscientious than one leader who is squeaky clean.

That, Sir, is what the Philippines need. A trivial by-product of this scenario would put a stop on those stupid shows shown on TFC.

Allegra
06-27-2005, 07:51
Originally posted by mikey177
I don't want Ping because I don't want to live in an authoritarian state. Sure, he is very strict and all his actions AS OF NOW may be beyond reproach and untainted by corruption, but let us remember that no one is incorruptible. If Ping gets a shot at the Presidency and he slowly, imperceptibly takes away our gun rights and other civil rights a bit at a time in the name of discipline and national progress, how are we going to be able to fight back when Ping changes from a benevolent dictator into a ruthless tyrant?

When government has absolute power, who is going to keep it in check?

Cory, Roco, Salonga, joker Arroyo all these people have the best intentions for the country
you think they will be successful? unfortunately no
umuupo pa lang sila, pinagpapalnuhan na sila ng mga kalaban nila
I'm afraid ,what we need is someone who will be feared

Nuon, magulo ang PPSA
when Boss Jack came back , eh di nawala ang away, tumahimik and navawasan ang pulitika

We've been colonized too long by the spaniards, then by the US then we got 20 years of dictatorship.
Ngayon we have freedom, we're lost kasi hindi tayo sanay
Now that we're free, it's everyman for himself

9MX
06-27-2005, 08:26
Originally posted by Allegra
We've been colonized too long by the spaniards, then by the US then we got 20 years of dictatorship.
Ngayon we have freedom, we're lost kasi hindi tayo sanay
Now that we're free, it's everyman for himself

to a certain degree, i have to agree with you.while i never liked erap as a president, edsa 2 shouldn't have taken place. now a lot of pinoys think changing presidents is like changing clothes.

oh btw, did i mention i find erap's movies entertaining? especially the old ones with fpj, roberto gonzales etc. :cool:

vega
06-27-2005, 09:47
Originally posted by 9MX
oh btw, did i mention i find erap's movies entertaining? especially the old ones with fpj, roberto gonzales etc. :cool:
I like "Ang Pusakal at ang Magiting" with FPJ.

vega

antediluvianist
06-27-2005, 19:11
I thought the most intelligent person in his movies was his horse.

jasonub
06-27-2005, 20:21
Me i want discipline and freedom so for discipline it will be first choice Adolf Hitler, second choice, Sadam Hussein.

For freedom it will be local, Rizal, bonifacio, etc..

but they will never mix. eventually, papatayin ni Hitler/sadam ang mga freedom fighters.

And we end up being what their countries were when they were in power.

Best choice for now is BAYANI FERNANDO;)

blindshooter
06-27-2005, 20:29
Originally posted by 9MX

personally, one side of me likes the leadership of ping, but still now way:( You will base your choice on your president based on his views on gun control? That is just ignorant and hopeless. You have far bigger problem than gun control!

blindshooter
06-27-2005, 20:30
Originally posted by royal glockster
+1, If you really want the Philippines to become another state by the US, go to America, live there, sing the star spangled banner, forget the filipino language, renounce your pinoy citizenship. Then....feel how the caucasian americans (superior race?) treat their little brown brothers.
;z I'm sure you have first hand experience to qualify this comment. Some people are sooooo ignorant. ;Q

9MX
06-27-2005, 20:50
Best choice for now is BAYANI FERNANDO;)

How about Bayani Agbayani?;f

antediluvianist
06-27-2005, 20:56
The way things are going, we might as well pick the best : Dolphy.

9MX
06-27-2005, 21:09
Originally posted by antediluvianist
The way things are going, we might as well pick the best : Dolphy.

;N

jojo_G19
06-27-2005, 21:59
marami din naman nasasagasaan si BF ah,

id rather go with ping even if he takes away all of my guns as long as he put all BGs in jail, that way, ill will have no use of a FA (Goodbye shooting ranges) than sa ibang tao dyan na you'll need a FA in every corner of your house and in your car just to have tha feeling that youll be able to protect your self.

besides, naayos ni ping ang PNP when he was heading it, thats the only time i see police officers na matakot and sumunod. ngaun, ung mga maliliit ang pinagtatakot nang mga pulis na yan, yayabang pa. i think pag so ping na, mababahag ulit mga buntot nyan mga yan.

jojo

Allegra
06-27-2005, 23:34
Originally posted by jojo_G19
marami din naman nasasagasaan si BF ah,

id rather go with ping even if he takes away all of my guns as long as he put all BGs in jail, that way, ill will have no use of a FA (Goodbye shooting ranges) than sa ibang tao dyan na you'll need a FA in every corner of your house and in your car just to have tha feeling that youll be able to protect your self.

besides, naayos ni ping ang PNP when he was heading it, thats the only time i see police officers na matakot and sumunod. ngaun, ung mga maliliit ang pinagtatakot nang mga pulis na yan, yayabang pa. i think pag so ping na, mababahag ulit mga buntot nyan mga yan.

jojo

I doubt Lacson can take away our guns
Iba na media ngayon
Plus everybody will be making bantay sa kanya
Konting amoy ng martial law pa lang, everybody will be up in arms
aznyway, i like him

SMBeerDealer
06-28-2005, 04:45
In my humble opinion. No totally democratic country in asia has ever been really successful. A little authoritarianism mixed in seemed to work fine for our ASEAN neighbors. :)

Think we need to compromise a bit to rise from the ashes of what's left of our economy.

kerwin
06-28-2005, 05:37
Why would anyone want Ping? Give Eddie Gil a chance!;e

asintaderoche
06-28-2005, 05:58
3 pages and counting? dammm ang sarap pagusapan ang politics... before we end up being ping and pong, how's the PROGUN doing, if we can make it a big group ala NRA that has millions of members. Then gunowners can stand whoever leads the country.

BTW Ping got the highest number of raids and arrest, you know what?...the easiest way to earn 100 million.

Baka tirador na lang ang gamiting natin sa IPSC, hehehehehehe...

KenC
06-28-2005, 07:03
Just a thought.
We tried PTC in the States in a few places and the crime rate dropped.
reason: The BGs didn't know who had a gun and who didn't.

In New York a few years back a storeowner had his store broken into at night and he defended himself with his illegal gun. (No guns in New York.) The police took his gun and charged him. A few nights later they came back and did him in real good.
Reason: They knew he was unarmed.

If they take the guns away, they will only get the registered ones. The BGs probably won't line up to turn theirs in.

Just my .02.
:)

jojo_G19
06-28-2005, 07:15
well atleast c ping ang pumayag na magkaroon tayo nang high powered arms - m4, mp5 and alike.

ALLEGRA;
un nga e, i dont think can get worse that this, hanggang PTT nlang tau, paginalis pa nya FA satin sa haus....Gulo na to, he will be violating our rights to protect ourselves. and besides, kung possible to, d sana ginawa na to ni GMA..

;z jojo

royal glockster
06-28-2005, 08:19
Originally posted by blindshooter
I'm sure you have first hand experience to qualify this comment. Some people are sooooo ignorant. ;Q

+1, Indeed!!!

nrmcolt
06-29-2005, 01:07
Originally posted by kerwin
Why would anyone want Ping? Give Eddie Gil a chance!;e
;z ;z

9MX
06-29-2005, 01:44
Which reminds me, where is Eddie Gil?

gunfool
06-29-2005, 02:06
Originally posted by 9MX
Which reminds me, where is Eddie Gil? On honeymoon with Madam Auring...;e

jlkwison
07-04-2005, 02:18
Originally posted by atmarcella
akala ko 50 lang sila, cno yung 3 bago? but i agree, if quezon were alive today i'd answer him "welcome to hell!!!".

;z ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z

jasonub
07-04-2005, 05:55
were so screwed i hope this blows over.

mikol
07-04-2005, 07:59
were so screwed i hope this blows over.
yup and it should blow over to those cheats faces and not to our poor juan dela cruz. :(

isuzu
07-06-2005, 19:08
Remember when Martial Law was declared? Every so-called high-power firearm with licenses were requested to be "deposited" to the nearest PC provincial command. And those who refused to surrender their firearms were threatened with raids on their house, place of business including farms where the PC supposedly brought along with them metal detectors which never existed? That spooked the gun owners who brought their treasured toys to be "deposited" to the PC provincial commands, only to be issued a piece of paper that proved to be worthless in the long run. Those gun owners never did see their firearms again.

Yeah, they were allowed to keep their .22 cal pistols and rifles, .38 cal. revolvers, and shotguns. The government then, was very powerful to suppress the ordinary citizen who couldn't fight back.

I have seen at least 20 boxes of Colt 1911 .45s brought by a gun dealer for "deposit" to the PC provincial command. That guy was devastated. By the way, a Colt .45 cost about P200.00 at that time. P600.00 for a Series 70.;Y

Do we still want history to repeat itself? You decide...

bulm540
07-06-2005, 19:50
Ah yes!!!Ditto on that one.

i_am_infinity
07-06-2005, 22:42
my father surrendered several guns during the martial law and indeed he never saw them anymore....there were Walther PPKs, Thomsons...several 45s...some colt 357 revos...vanished into limbo!!!

antediluvianist
07-06-2005, 23:02
Yeah, my family lost a number of nice guns too. It will be recalled that the authorities warned people- even on TV - that they would be coming around private homes with metal detectors and that the punishment for not handing in guns was imprisonment or worse.

Also, all registered firearms were of course already recorded.

Still, there are many other more important considerations than whether the next president is gun-friendly or not. But since they are all crooks anyway, being for or against guns becomes a way of at least differentiating them in some meaningful way. a gun-friendly crook is better than a non-gun-friendly crook.

Allegra
07-06-2005, 23:47
I think it would be difficult to enforce martial law ngayon

atmarcella
07-07-2005, 03:01
yes, the people know better:)

Alexii
07-07-2005, 03:40
And let's say I'm cornered and had no other choice but to surrender my guns, "didikdikin ko ng maso pati magazine sa harap ng mga nangungumpiska para wag nang pakinabangan!"

Kiddo
07-07-2005, 06:48
I will not resign my office

Just heard PGMA's address to the nation. Ang kunat nya. In other places, konting hint lang ng lack of trust sa leader, resign na agad. Baliktad dito. Even though the country doesnt have trust in the president, ayaw pa rin mag step down. ;g

atmarcella
07-07-2005, 07:27
baka blessing in disguise itong nangyayari ngayon sa bansa natin, mapabilis yung pag implement ng federal parliamentary form of govt., w/ 2 party system, w/c i think will answer most of our problems, no more going to the streets for big street parties to overthrow presidents:)

Kiddo
07-07-2005, 08:21
In my opinion, going for a federal or parliamentary type of government would be much more of a problem rather than a solution since it would be more expensive to run a government like that. Federal governments would allow each state to make their own laws, etc. which would mean that we would need more agencies to coordinate between states. Budget would be further stretched. A parliamentary type of government would also cost us more since we would have to change all of our agencies. Imagine the amount of paper alone na papalitan ng heading from department of defense to ministry of defense for example. A parliamentary form of government makes the people vote for the house representatives and they vote among themselves who will be the prime minister, which they can take out of the post any time. This would spell disaster since organizing the representatives to take out the prime minister would be easier than organizing thousands of people for an edsa XX. Representatives would vote on their allies who would aid them in getting to their personal interests/goals since if the prime minister wouldnt, he would be out of his office in no time. As long as the prime minister plays along with his constituents, then he would stay in power for a long time. I would prefer our current form of government. What we need to do is just weed out the dirty politicians and clean up the mess they left behind. Ika nga e, what is right must be kept right and what is wrong must be set right. I like the two party system though. ;)

All of this of course, is just IMHO. About 0.03 centavos worth. ;e

doctabako
07-07-2005, 08:34
Originally posted by Kiddo
Just heard PGMA's address to the nation. Ang kunat nya. In other places, konting hint lang ng lack of trust sa leader, resign na agad. Baliktad dito. Even though the country doesnt have trust in the president, ayaw pa rin mag step down. ;g

The word Delicadeza isn't in the vocabulary of our present crop of leaders;Q

i_am_infinity
07-07-2005, 10:21
Just my simple observation....

How can u as a President or a Politician ask the people to respect or follow the rule of law when u urself overturned another presidency and "STOLE THE PRESIDENCY NOT ONCE BUT TWICE" hehehe ;z this is ridiculous. in the first place what they did during EDSA2 was so unconstitutional and there was never a hint of Rule of Law, even the Stupid and Corrupt Justices of our Supreme Court came to EDSA to Proclaim her...And now telling US, The People, to let the rule of law be followed...Pathetic!!!!!!

isuzu
07-07-2005, 18:22
I think it's high time to change to a federal system of government. The Philippines has become too big in terms of population (thanks to the Catholic church who opposes birth control and threatens to blackmail any president who pushes through with family planning using contraceptives. Don't get me wrong; I'm opposed to abortion). Some laws may not be applicable to some provinces, and a central government just can't handle the individual needs of each province anymore. Each province or region should formulate laws that are relevant to their respective areas. One advantage is that an area can make their own firearms laws, just like in the US. Like, some firearms are not allowed in California, but are available for purchase in other states.

A centralized government worked when the Philippines' population was just over 10 million. It was quite easy to manage every province then. But at 70 plus million, there's just too many voices to be heard by a single group of people running the affairs of the whole country.

9MX
07-07-2005, 19:25
whatever is the government, what i want to happen is a change in our voting system. votes coming from taxpayers should have more weight than those who are jobless/squatters, etc. this would help curb vote buying

jasonub
07-07-2005, 20:32
if GMA steps down si Rex Cortez na lang presidente, that way, sure ball na our stocks will fall and 100 pesos is to 1 dollar;f

the opposition does not want noli to be the next in line.

Time to leave our pathetic country. :(

atmarcella
07-08-2005, 05:05
In my opinion, going for a federal or parliamentary type of government would be much more of a problem rather than a solution since it would be more expensive to run a government like that. Federal governments would allow each state to make their own laws, etc. which would mean that we would need more agencies to coordinate between states. ;e

why would we need that, in the the states there is no agency coordinating the laws of 2 states, why do you have to coordinate the laws of california with the laws of texas for example, each state has the FREEDOM to make their own laws, bottom line is federalism will give our regions more freedom from the clutches of imperial manila

atmarcella
07-08-2005, 05:10
A parliamentary form of government makes the people vote for the house representatives and they vote among themselves who will be the prime minister, which they can take out of the post any time. This would spell disaster since organizing the representatives to take out the prime minister would be easier than organizing thousands of people for an edsa XX.;e

the former would be considered constitutional under the parliamentary system, the latter unconstitutional either by presidential or parliamentary form of govt.

Kiddo
07-08-2005, 05:11
Hmm.. Good point there atmarcella. Need to read up more. Federal form of gov't would give governors way more power though. Kawawa yung ibang states. I also like 9mx's point wherein the vote of the taxpayers weigh more than non taxpayers/sqatters/etc. Anyway, whatever form of government we choose to adapt, sana well implemented naman lang. God bless the Philippines! :)

atmarcella
07-08-2005, 05:15
arnold schwarzeneger has a lot of power he seems to be doing ok, george w. bush was a former governor, he seems to be doing ok as president:)

Kiddo
07-08-2005, 05:19
I hope their Filipino counterparts would follow their lead. :)

bulm540
07-08-2005, 18:04
Originally posted by atmarcella
arnold schwarzeneger has a lot of power he seems to be doing ok, george w. bush was a former governor, he seems to be doing ok as president:)
Really, when you are boooed in your alma mater, that says it all.