CZs [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CZs

jlkwison
06-26-2005, 06:35
Hi guys...

I'm curious about CZs in general, are there anyone here who uses them in competetion? If so, can anyone tell me what they think about the CZ 75 SA and the CZ 75 B (DA)...and if ever, whats their pick.

Thanks lots...still luv my g19...just curious ;)

9MX
06-26-2005, 08:23
jlkwison

The CZ 75/85 family is ideal for IPSC-Production.But if you intend to compete in this division, your CZ must be DA/SA. SA only models are not allowed in this division. However, SA only models are allowed in IPSC-Standard but at a disadvantage since it is limited to minor scoring.

If you wish to compete in IPSC-Standard using a CZ, there exists an a CZ 75 Standard IPSC .40 S&W model with is IPSC Standard legal.

BTW, the CZ 85B is my current game gun:cool:

cebuboy
06-26-2005, 09:26
for me the cz85 combat has got the nicest trigger pull of the cz75-85 family:) it feels crisper the the 75b. maybe because of the deletion of the firing pin block.

mikey177
06-26-2005, 17:22
I agree with cebuboy's comments. I had a CZ 85 Combat before, and the trigger pull and accuracy of the gun were above par for an unmodified gun.

jlkwison
06-26-2005, 20:28
Actually, the reason why Im curious is that I've tried shooting them in the range...their actually house guns and to my opinion very well used...the recoil spring is very soft already...however, I was surprised in how it handled. Recoil was very soft (most likely bec its all steel and has a low bore axis) and it shoots to the point of aim very easily. I admit, that I want one :)...actually, I wanted to get an AR next year but parang hinde ganun kadali and if ever, they don't issue ptts right now to ARs says BOG so Im torned between joining ipsc-production with a CZ or having an AR to admire and hold in the house.

Anyways, thanks lots guys

Toledo
06-27-2005, 06:04
I bought a CZ 75B SA about 3 weeks ago and had the chance to fire it just yesterday. It is quite an amazing gun out of the box. Accuracy is good. Functioned flawlessly using my reloads. I installed Hogue rubber grips and the feel is so much better from the original plastic ones. If I were to use this gun in competition, I would probably install better sights. The original is purely utilitarian. All in all, I am very happy with this gun. I have already reloaded new ammo and next weekend, I will be shooting and just having fun with the CZ.

JuDGe
06-27-2005, 06:10
Originally posted by jlkwison
Im torned between joining ipsc-production with a CZ or having an AR to admire and hold in the house.

i would suggest you get a cz and enjoy it on ipsc-production....

sayang lang naman kung titingnan mo lang at hihimas himasin ang AR mo

atmarcella
06-27-2005, 06:47
jo,
meron daw rifle match sa isafp shoot, kaso lang la naman ako papeles hehehehe;f

in my humble opinion the cz is a great gun, i had a chance to shoot one long time ago and it handled very very well, if you could get the .40 cal ipsc standard version that would be better :)

9MX
06-27-2005, 08:35
Originally posted by atmarcella
in my humble opinion the cz is a great gun, i had a chance to shoot one long time ago and it handled very very well, if you could get the .40 cal ipsc standard version that would be better :)

andrew,

CZ makes great guns at value for your money price points. but for the IPSC standard div., my money would always be on the 1911/2011 platform. IMHO, its built for this division. :)

jlkwison
06-27-2005, 21:50
Thanks Judge, you're right, having a cake and not eat it is very frustrating. :)

9Mx, since you mentioned about 1911s...have a few questions :) ...are 1911s just limited to ipsc standard division ? If so, wouldn't you be handicapped if you are using a single stack 1911 to compete since you'll be limited to a maximum of 10 rounds (45 cal) for each mags and some would be using hicap 1911s ? Or are there separate leagues for the single stacks and hicaps? Do we have IPDA style competion here in the Philippines ? Thanks

and last but not the least...

Do you guys, know how popular are 1911 single stack 40 cal here in the Philippines ? Armscor produces one and I think it would be a very controllable 1911 to use in a match if there is a single stack only ipsc match or CDP IDPA match. Thanks.

9MX
06-27-2005, 22:22
jlkwison,

in the early days, the 1911 ruled IPSC competitions. now, it has morphed into what is known as the 2011 aka a hi-cap 1911. the 2011 platform is the most used platform in IPSC Standard, Modified, and Open. So if you opt for a single stack, you'd be at a disadvantage unless you build up exceptional skills like mcoliver.;z

there are idpa comps every now and then but it has lost some steam for some reason. idpa i think is a better place for single stacks.

my unsolicited advice is for you to get a hi-cap since idpa comps are so few, mas masaya sa ipsc

jlkwison
06-27-2005, 22:53
Thanks 9MX for the info on ipsc idpa here in the Phil :) looks like im getting a cz75, m thinking of ipsc-production muna, looks like its the more economic/practical (tama ba?) league to join in all the ipsc divisions as of the moment.

JuDGe
06-27-2005, 23:21
Originally posted by jlkwison
looks like im getting a cz75, m thinking of ipsc-production muna, looks like its the more economic/practical (tama ba?) league to join in all the ipsc divisions as of the moment.

^5 ^5 ^5 ;Y ;Y ;Y Way to go! ;Y ;Y ;Y ^5 ^5 ^5

;f

9MX
06-28-2005, 01:13
jlkwison,

Good decision. IPSC Production is the most economical and practical way to enter the shooting sport. My game gun is a CZ-85B (I'm a lefty, that is why I chose the 85 platform), it had about 4K rounds, still going strong! I intend to shoot it till it drops dead;f

Eye Cutter
06-28-2005, 01:33
di ba meron ka G19? Try mo muna glock mo sa IPSC and decide if you'll stick to Production Division.

kung sanay ka na sa glock platform, the logical choise is to upgrade to a G17

mc_oliver
06-28-2005, 02:38
Originally posted by 9MX
unless you build up exceptional skills like mcoliver.;z
Pweh! ;f

batangueno
06-28-2005, 09:22
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
di ba meron ka G19? Try mo muna glock mo sa IPSC and decide if you'll stick to Production Division.

kung sanay ka na sa glock platform, the logical choise is to upgrade to a G17
Tama si Doc.

Allegra
06-28-2005, 09:30
Originally posted by 9MX
jlkwison,

in the early days, the 1911 ruled IPSC competitions. now, it has morphed into what is known as the 2011 aka a hi-cap 1911. the 2011 platform is the most used platform in IPSC Standard, Modified, and Open. So if you opt for a single stack, you'd be at a disadvantage unless you build up exceptional skills like mcoliver.;z

there are idpa comps every now and then but it has lost some steam for some reason. idpa i think is a better place for single stacks.

my unsolicited advice is for you to get a hi-cap since idpa comps are so few, mas masaya sa ipsc

His name escapes me right now
We used to meet rgularly sa metrillos pero he stopped shooting kasi mayor na yata siya sa Isabela
But his specialty is the single stack 1911 45.
Pamatay ang mag changes
In fact, he was 3rd sa australsia with his single stack
Astig!

Oh yeah, si PPSA pres Rommel cabungcal, galing din sa single stack

jlkwison
06-29-2005, 23:19
originally posted by Allegra

His name escapes me right now
We used to meet rgularly sa metrillos pero he stopped shooting kasi mayor na yata siya sa Isabela
But his specialty is the single stack 1911 45.
Pamatay ang mag changes
In fact, he was 3rd sa australsia with his single stack
Astig!

Oh yeah, si PPSA pres Rommel cabungcal, galing din sa single stack

-------

WOW, he's really good :cool:

Yup I have a g19 and I get descent groups with it naman. The thing is, when I tried shooting CZs, i shot better and faster because I use the firing thumb over safety grip (my preferred style) and that their weight helped me in the recoil management area. In the glock, I used the Masab Ayoob grip in which the firing thumb is tucked in the supporting hand (palm) so that I won't hit the slide lock with the supporting palm (It happened to me twice, and the slide locked prematurely). In addition, I'm not fond of using reloads for glocks since I'm afraid that there might be an instance where a round gets double charged (not that it is common and that double charging a 9m is hard due to the tools of today and its hard to seat a 9m bullet with that much powder) and that it might cause a kboom. Since my frame is polymer, the
normal effect of a kaboom on a polymer frame is a lacerated trigger finger (and if you're unlucky, it'll also damage the frame which equates to additional expense). In which case, I don't want to experience it (PRANING). An option of course is to use a full support barsto barrel but the question is, can I still compete in ipsc production using a barsto match barrel in my glock (dadagan pa natin ng ghost trigger :)) ? So due to the above mentioned concerns, I plan to use the glock for casual shootings and for carry while the cz, for ipsc production competetion. The good thing nga lang when you use similar guns for cary and competetion, is that you will be more prepared when the time comes that you have to defend yourself since "You play with what you practice".

Of course...all of the above concerns of mine might have simple solutions I may have yet to discover or adopt (I may have overlooked matters or worse may even be over reacting on some issues), Your advice and opinions are very much welcomed. :) Thanks lots guys.

Eye Cutter
06-29-2005, 23:49
get a cz or one of its clones (jericho, tanfoglio, bul storm). you won't go wrong with any of these pistols. ang importante is to get the range time in practice and competition.

isuzu
07-21-2005, 00:10
Originally posted by cebuboy
for me the cz85 combat has got the nicest trigger pull of the cz75-85 family:) it feels crisper the the 75b. maybe because of the deletion of the firing pin block.

Any idea how the CZ85 Combat's trigger pull compares with Tanfoglio Standard? Also, Armscor has a CZ clone on its website(it's called the AP 9). I emailed their North American distributor, but so far he didn't have any news when it would be available here.:)

Eye Cutter
07-21-2005, 00:44
its rebadged by armscor from the tanfoglio combat polymer pistols. its also the same as the eaa witness polymer pistols with different colors. so trigger pull is similar. pareho rin ng bernardelli.

the cz's trigger geometry is different from the clones. the grips are also slightly bigger. those with short fingers will have a longer reach for the DA pull

cebuboy
07-21-2005, 03:43
Originally posted by isuzu
Any idea how the CZ85 Combat's trigger pull compares with Tanfoglio Standard? Also, Armscor has a CZ clone on its website(it's called the AP 9). I emailed their North American distributor, but so far he didn't have any news when it would be available here.:)

all i can say is that the 85 combats s.a. trigger pull breaks crisp and clean. i did not notice any grittiness which is present in the jericho and tang:)

isuzu
07-21-2005, 18:25
all i can say is that the 85 combats s.a. trigger pull breaks crisp and clean. i did not notice any grittiness which is present in the jericho and tang:)

Thanks! What's the chance that the SP-01 or SP-01 Tactical would be included in the Production Division. I think they're voting on the pistol in the World Shoot. Makapasa kaya?

isuzu
07-21-2005, 18:26

Thanks! What's the chance that the SP-01 or SP-01 Tactical would be included in the Production Division. I think they're voting on the pistol in the World Shoot. Makapasa kaya? www.czub.cz has a neat video of the CZ SP-01 Tactical.:)

vega
07-21-2005, 18:32
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
its rebadged by armscor from the tanfoglio combat polymer pistols. its also the same as the eaa witness polymer pistols with different colors. so trigger pull is similar. pareho rin ng bernardelli.

the cz's trigger geometry is different from the clones. the grips are also slightly bigger. those with short fingers will have a longer reach for the DA pull

Don't they have all steel slides? How does nickel alloy stand out in comp?

vega

mc_oliver
07-21-2005, 18:52
Originally posted by isuzu
Thanks! What's the chance that the SP-01 or SP-01 Tactical would be included in the Production Division. I think they're voting on the pistol in the World Shoot. Makapasa kaya?
The SP-01 already has a model with a "shorter" dust cover. Kung yun di pa rin ma-approve, ewan ko na lang. ;)