Need opinion on my 1st 1911 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need opinion on my 1st 1911

miko_a
06-27-2005, 05:41
Hi,

Can you guys suggest a good(in terms of accuracy and reliability) but cheap 1911 (45cal) pistol..

Pro's and Con's would also be appreciated..

Thank you..

JuDGe
06-27-2005, 05:59
either armscor or norinco

miko_a
06-27-2005, 06:01
sir,

what about ROCK ISLAND ARMORY?

JuDGe
06-27-2005, 06:04
okay din yan..... or the 1911 Ranger distributed by PB Dionisio

royal glockster
06-27-2005, 08:32
Try SAM Falcon, mas cheap yun, hi-cap pa! ;f

revo
06-27-2005, 10:09
You have conflicting objectives.

;f

Accuracy and reliability does not come cheap.

You ncan get lucky sometimes though if somebody holds a fire sale.

miko_a
06-27-2005, 19:51
I'm looking for a single stack..:) hehe that's one of my dream gun..

revo,

not really,I'm just looking for a fairly accurate gun (atleast Alpha shots as far as 10meters) and reliable (strong metal that won't crack at normal use or atleast nothing scraping each other, ie. rough cuts) I can have a gunsmith increase reliability in functioning.

Alexii
06-27-2005, 20:22
My vote goes to the Norinco. Buy the most basic model and have it worked up to your specs as you shoot the gun. Things to change become apparent the more you use it.

mikol
06-27-2005, 23:38
Originally posted by Alexii
My vote goes to the Norinco. Buy the most basic model and have it worked up to your specs as you shoot the gun. Things to change become apparent the more you use it.

agree to that. :)
but if you have the crave of having a single stack 1911 in cal .45 yet you have a little budget, this is your best time to get SAM single stack Model's ELITE & COMMODORE. I think they are on "SALE" now until end of this month.
The basic unit price is 15.6k but promo price is only 12.5k(promo ends june 30 if not extended)
BTW, this is not an add and i don't have any affiliation with SAM mga bro, just want to help a BoG brother find a cheap yet can be(with a help of a good gunsmith)reliable more than it's worth. just my 2cents :) ;f

kerwin
06-28-2005, 21:13
SAM 1911's are great single stack pistols for the price. Give it a try.

mikol
06-28-2005, 23:40
Originally posted by kerwin
SAM 1911's are great single stack pistols for the price. Give it a try.

hi kerwin, made already an order last Feb. for a SAM Commodore. :) This is just a project gun, just want to be familiar with the pistol(since this is my first 1911). I'll be getting it this coming December pa pagbalik ko uli dyaan for holidays.
Hope i would be able to spend more range time with my new boomer pagbalik ko dyaan.;f

i_am_infinity
06-29-2005, 04:25
pasensya na mga ka BOGS medyo engot ako eh...ano po ba yung SAM??? hehehehe d ko kasi alam un eh. ive heard of it but have no idea who made it. alam ko dito satin gawa..un ba ung sa shooters? thanks mga k BOGS ;)

Eye Cutter
06-29-2005, 04:31
yep, SAM is Shooters' Arms Manufacturing. Owned by the De Leon Family of Cebu. Relatives raw ng mother ni Jag, accdg to him.

i_am_infinity
06-29-2005, 04:33
doc please check ur PM
thanks

antediluvianist
06-29-2005, 06:10
A friend of mine bought the cheapest Armscor 1911 there is, and had Metrillo work on it. It's now great!

doctabako
06-29-2005, 06:58
Originally posted by Alexii

Ditto. That gun was very accurate out of the box and I couldn't get it to jam as long as I didn't use JHP's(throating and polishing it would solve this problem). I gave it to my brother as I have far too many guns to care for already and the blued finish needed constant sessions with an oiled rag. He's having a blast with it. :)

kerwin
06-30-2005, 19:28
Originally posted by mikol
hi kerwin, made already an order last Feb. for a SAM Commodore. :) This is just a project gun, just want to be familiar with the pistol(since this is my first 1911). I'll be getting it this coming December pa pagbalik ko uli dyaan for holidays.
Hope i would be able to spend more range time with my new boomer pagbalik ko dyaan.;f

December mo pa ma laruan yun? tsk tsk tsk, padala mo nalang sa akin para ma break in ko yun in time sa pag balik mo. ;e

mikol
07-01-2005, 08:48
Originally posted by kerwin
December mo pa ma laruan yun? tsk tsk tsk, padala mo nalang sa akin para ma break in ko yun in time sa pag balik mo. ;e

oo nga. :( pero di bali bai...bogbog sya sakin pagdating ko dyan. tulog lang ang pahinga nya sakin ;f ;a ;f

horge
07-01-2005, 16:38
Tulog lang??

Tough to eat while shooting.
Tough while performing other biological functions, too.
;f

mikol
07-01-2005, 23:30
Originally posted by horge
Tulog lang??

Tough to eat while shooting.
Tough while performing other biological functions, too.
;f

well..i can let my wife shoot the boomer while im eating and vice versa.;f ;a or maybe she'll lock the gun in our safe and let me use the "other gun" and shoot something else the rest of my holidays. ;N ;e ;e ;f ;)