Looking for a shrimp receipe [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a shrimp receipe

jjabell2000
06-27-2005, 08:40
I've been dying for some shrimp lately. Once someone I know made some kind of in shell spicy shrimp in the oven. They called it BBQ shrimp, but it didn't really taste BBQ-y, just wonderful. I can't manage to get them to dig up that receipe though. I can't get it out of my head. I searched the internet, but didn't really find anything that just called out to me.

So I guess here is the question:

Where can I find a receipe for a spicy, maybe Cajun style, peel 'em and eat 'em shrimp? It needs to be either oven or stovetop. Thanks.

Jed

noway
06-27-2005, 08:59
Have you tried Old Bay seasoning, with a pinch of some cajun hot seasoning?

I use the receipe on the the can and just add my own hot cajun seasoning and boil and then peel and eat. Quite tasty.

Here's the recipe on the back of the Old Bay can;

Steamed Shrimp:
2tbsp Old Bay seasoning
1/2 cup of vinegar
1/2 cup of water
1lb shrimp with shell on

I also add a tbsp or more of my favorite cajun seasoning plus to crush cloves of garlic. The above works great for gullf or white shrimp and taste pretty good.

jjabell2000
06-27-2005, 13:39
Thanks, I didn't really know where to start looking.

hispeedlodrag
06-27-2005, 14:32
Here's my take on New Orleans BBQ shrimp the easy way (for about 1 pound of shell-on shrimp).
Mix some rub/spice (like Emeril's) with some olive oil and coat shrimp. Grill or broil over high heat until cooked about 80%. Dump them in the following sauce over medium heat.

Melt a stick of butter (yeah, not a low calorie recipe), add 2-3 pressed cloves of garlic and sautee for 30 seconds, add about 3/4 cup of white wine or beer, 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1/4 cup heavy cream, 2 tablespoons of the spice mix/rub, 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar or golden syrup , Worcestershire to taste, and your favorite hot sauce. Reduce by about half. Toss in the shrimp and some chopped parsley.

Serve with crusty bread.

Mild Bill
06-27-2005, 16:24
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/cooking/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_11889,00.html

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/cooking/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_12085,00.html

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/cooking/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_12412,00.html

Bone appateet!

;c
:)

Glockphobia
06-28-2005, 04:19
also if you have the time AND patience, try peeling then wrapping shrimp in a 1/2 slice of bacon,(stick a toothpick through it so it does'nt come unwrapped) then grill it for a couple of minutes.:)

allanc
06-28-2005, 06:06
Originally posted by Glockphobia
also if you have the time AND patience, try peeling then wrapping shrimp in a 1/2 slice of bacon,(stick a toothpick through it so it does'nt come unwrapped) then grill it for a couple of minutes.:)

Don't forget the jalapeno! ;)

Str8shootr
06-28-2005, 06:11
WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS RECIPE MAY BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH!

1 pound of shrimp (shells on)

Place shrimp in oven proof glass baking dish

On stovetop, in a small sauce pan, heat on med. high, 2 (yes I said 2) sticks of butter, 1/4 cup Worcesterhire sauce, Juice of one lemon, and 1/2 Tsp Tabasco sauce.

Pour hot sauce over shrimp and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Use fresh crusty bread to dip into the sauce.

I WARNED YOU.....................

jjabell2000
06-28-2005, 12:18
Originally posted by allanc
Don't forget the jalapeno! ;)

I've done dove breasts like this. bacon, jalapeno, grill...ummmmmm......