Biking Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Biking Question

KenC
06-28-2005, 07:18
I am here in Barangka for awhile while my electricity gets fixed in Montalban. I have been riding the river trail until the water got too high and I dumped it changing lanes in the mud for a lady. Now I ride the streets to Marikina and back.
When I go back the Montalban, I seem to be pretty much stuck with riding in the San Juan Builders Project 2 on the Northwest side of town. There are big trucks and lots of holes if I try to go to town.
Is there a river trail in MOntalban? I tried the Web and got no hits on biking.
Also, I foound that I have one of the cheaper MOuntain Bikes and was wondering where the good ones are sold>
Any info will be appreciated. ( Lost 14 pounds so far.)
Ken.:) :cool:

Eye Cutter
06-28-2005, 07:25
Ken: the good bike shops are along JP Rizal St. in Brgy Sn Roque. IIRC, it is already near Marcos highway.

mirko128
06-28-2005, 09:08
Originally posted by KenC
I have been riding the river trail until the water got too high and I dumped it changing lanes in the mud for a lady. Now I ride the streets to Marikina and back.

Are you referring to the "park"/trail beside the Riverbanks mall? I can relate, lots of people on the trail to navigate against, 'specially on weekends. Nearly ran over a senior citizen dude on his bike.

Also, I foound that I have one of the cheaper MOuntain Bikes and was wondering where the good ones are sold>

There's a bike shop here near Eastwood, to the left of Shopwise, same facility as Red Corner's. I forgot the name, sounds something like All-terra.

Tried to buy my bike from there, but I found it irritating that the owner himself would start ignoring me when his biking buddies or frequent customers start coming in. Try you luck anyway, it's a good shop, malapit lang din sa Barangka.

batangueno
06-28-2005, 09:14
Ken, here are bike shops near your place.

Wilkie's - 6468547
All Terra - 6382075
Joven - 6456029

Allegra
06-28-2005, 09:21
http://pinoymtbiker.proboards7.com

KenC
06-28-2005, 18:41
Thanks for all the help. I will be riding again today. Had a birthday party for a relative yesterday and now I must make a dozen trips to Marikina and back to work off the extra pounds.
Staying on the roads now cause of the mud on the Animal trail from Riverbank Mall. Probably closed and bridges still out this AM.

Probably moving back to MOntalban later this week. Electricity seems to be working now. Will be riding in circles on the hills compared to here.:) :cool: ;a

doctabako
06-29-2005, 06:00
Originally posted by KenC

Power Bikes near Rockwell in Makati.