Country Anyone?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Country Anyone??

Kanos
06-28-2005, 11:48
Sense there was a metal thread i thought, "Why not?" Im ussually an all rock kinda guy. I like System of a down and metallica and all those type of bands, but lately ive been getting in to country.

Some people wehn i tell them I listen to country laugh. Has anyone else had this expierience?

What are you faverite country songs? Right now i like, Boonedocks, I aint as good as i Ounce was, most of rascall flats stuff, and some stuff i cant rember right now.

And for all the nay-sayers too country.......go cry.

BrassInPocket
06-28-2005, 14:05
I can listen to country music....for a while.

Rascal Flats drives me crazy. The singer's voice is so odd to me. The lyrics to their songs are pretty though.

I like Keith Urban, Dierks Bentley, Kenny Chesney.

mudfootball
06-28-2005, 14:52
i am stuck for my summer in W.V. and i will say that when i get home i am gonna go to dance clubs and love the beats, i am gonna put RATM and metallica on in the house at an all time high and shake the walls and then mello out with something more MELLO. country is absolutely killing me here, it is often the only choice. never heard such terrible voices or lyrics in all of music. dont get me wrong, i have been big on allen jackson and garth brooks for a long time, but todays country is garbage, depressing crap, with a thrown in southern twang. sorry needed to vent. i have not had the country experience. i think you could be cured with some head banging or a purdy girl dancing with you at a club. save yourself while there is time. didnt mean to upset the country fans, i have just had my share

Chevytuff19
06-28-2005, 16:57
I don't really like "modern country". I am more into Texas Country like Jason Boland, Mark David Manders, Kevin Fowler, Randy Rogers, etc.

Wes

Aphotic
06-28-2005, 21:45
Rascal Flatts (took my girlfriend, they put on a good show)
Blake Shelton (met him, he's a good guy- opened for Rascal Flatts)
Keith Urban
Brad Paisley (front row seats with girlfriend in July)
Alison Kraus
Martina McBride (Took my mom to her Christmas show a few years back... all I can say is... Wow... amazing voice!)

Whoever sings, "Don't ask me how I know." That song reads true for everyone.

I'm not a big country person at all. My girlfriend loves it, so I tolerate it- these are just some names that I feel have talent behind them.

BrassInPocket
06-29-2005, 09:24
Originally posted by Aphotic

Whoever sings, "Don't ask me how I know." That song reads true for everyone.
That would be Bobby Pinson. Whoa! I know more about country than I thought!! Scary..
Good choice with Keith Urban. He's an amazing guitarist, just recently saw him in concert....well worth the money.

cliffw2000
07-07-2005, 21:26
Originally posted by Kanos
Some people wehn i tell them I listen to country laugh. Has anyone else had this expierience?

Yep, I grew up on metal and rock. I still like them but, I must admit I have been enjoying a lot more country than I ever have.

The country music is cool sometimes but, I really like the down to earth lyrics or stories they tell. So much different than rock or metal. They paint such a picture in a lot of these country songs. It is as if you can "see" every word. Really cool... :)

PennGlock
07-07-2005, 23:06
There was this cool thing going on in the early 90s that no one really paid attention to called alt-country. It was pretty cool- not poppy and produced, but more like the old style except it rocked harder. Uncle Tupelo was my favorite of that bunch. Check out some Uncle Tupelo if u can find it. Good stuff.

AuburnGlock19
07-12-2005, 23:28
You can never go wrong with a little Alan Jackson, Alabama, and George Strait. Concerning new artists I like Keith Urban and an old girlfriend actually got me addicted to Rascal Flats.

RENEA
07-18-2005, 18:51
Most female country artists are off the Hottability charts!:)

QUEENGLOCK
07-19-2005, 19:54
i agree country can paint a picture. ever heard the song paint me a birmingham?
i also like reba, trisha yearwood georgia rain, lonestar, gretchen wilson, toby keith, just to name a few. i also like some of the mid-eighties. i'm gonna hire me a wine o to decorate our home is one that comes to mind. i like ac/dc ,guns and roses too but i always fall back on my country.

cliffw2000
07-19-2005, 19:56
Originally posted by QUEENGLOCK
i agree country can paint a picture. ever heard the song paint me a birmingham?
i also like reba, trisha yearwood georgia rain, lonestar, gretchen wilson, toby keith, just to name a few. i also like some of the mid-eighties. i'm gonna hire me a wine o to decorate our home is one that comes to mind. i like ac/dc ,guns and roses too but i always fall back on my country.

I am with you on that one... :)

micah
07-22-2005, 19:44
Country like the Old 97s? Great stuff!

Country like anything that CMT or a country radio station have played in the last 30 years? No thanks.

Walter45Auto
08-03-2005, 01:30
I like mostly older country. Can't stand Rascal Flatts. They sound too much like a boy band to me. I Love Willie Nelson. And Hank Williams, and Hank Jr. I listen to some Bluegrass, too. Kieth Urban sucks.

If you like Texas swing, you should Listen to Asleep At the Wheel.

;g

;8 ;I

maverick-tx
08-05-2005, 17:34
My favorite country singer is Brad Paisley. That dude can PLAY! As for the rest I like George Straight, Brooks & Dunn and the like.

I'm really a bluegrass fan, too. In my opinion you can't find more talented musicians anywhere in the music scene today.