Pistol Ghost Ring Sight hmm. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Ghost Ring Sight hmm.

toxic
07-02-2005, 11:43
I was just browsing around and read about the ghost ring sight for pistols . Ive seen ghost rings on shotguns but Pistols?

Ghost ring sight
"has been established that the human eye has a natural tendency to quickly center objects (targets) in a circle (aperture). This type of sight allows for a faster and more precise sight picture. We have found that this type of rear sight aperture is particularly helpful for those shooters wearing prescription eyewear. This “ghost ring” allows the shooter to quickly acquire --and continue to engage that or multiple targets -- with accuracy. The Tactical2 Ghost Ring is completely precision machined from 4140 steel. Finished in black phosphate. Currently available for Colt 1911, Beretta, Glock, HK USP, and Sig Sauer. Other models will be available soon. Upon request Tritium 3-dot set available on Ghost Ring Sights.

just want to ask any one out there if you had used the so called magic ring or the Ghost ring sight on your boomers?
Is it IPSC legal in production?
Is it available in the Philippines?

Pros and Cons Pinoy side

Thanks

antediluvianist
07-02-2005, 22:39
I have lousy eyesight so everything is a ghost ring.

I have an equally eyesight-challenged frined, and he put a dot-sight (those electronic things that project a red dot on a big glass circle NOT on the target) and it works fine. No going crosseyed when looking at the target. Maybe that one na lang instead of the ghost ring.

mikol
07-02-2005, 23:48
asalamoalikum sadik!
i've seen one somewhere in the website also installed in a Norinco 1911 pistol. it's like a low profile novak sight with round ring type on the top center portion of the sight. but i think this type of sight is not legal for IPSC or IDPA. maybe this is a good sight for a defense pistol.:) i dont know if it's available in the PI. but if it's available i might try to check it out during my holidays.:)

mc_oliver
07-03-2005, 06:27
Dre, think about this for a minute.

If it answers the problems most people have shooting pistols, you'll see a lot of them already. Have you? ;)

'Neway, it's IPSC STd and prod (if OFM-offered) legal.

mikol
07-03-2005, 08:05
Originally posted by mc_oliver

If it answers the problems most people have shooting pistols, you'll see a lot of them already. Have you? ;)

'Neway, it's IPSC STd and prod (if OFM-offered) legal.
just seen one though ;f :). bosing mc_o ganda ng avatar mo a, mukhang gusto narin sumali sa competetion. ;) ano software ginamit mo dyan bosing?

atmarcella
07-03-2005, 09:39
this is from glock faq:

Sights are purely a matter of preference, so if you know what sights you like, skip to the next section. I have tried a few types of sights, standard notch and post, express, fiber optic and ghost ring. While I am the most accurate with the notch and post, the fiber optic and ghost ring offer the eye-grabbing edge I need to keep focused on the front sight and go faster. For me, the Dual ghost ring from JP Enterprises is the fastest sight I have used (so just slightly faster than January molasses). I am going to stick with this set-up for the 2000 season and evaluate at the end. If I use anything else, it will most likely be the fiber optics the top guys are using (there has to be a reason they are using them).

*ADD* The 2000 season saw two things happen for me with sights. First, the JP is blazingly fast inside 10 yards, but past 20, hitting plates is tough and 50 yards standards: what a joke. I ditched them and tried fiber optics. I found that they have some of the same characteristics as the JPs. But, almost all of the top shooters went back to black notch and post sights. I went with the MMCs for the Glock and will probably stay with those for good. As a note, on my defense G27, it has an MMC rear and a "Tri-Lux" front. It is a small tritium encircled by fiber optic in a standard sized blade. For defense work, it is my favorite.

in conclusion: you're gonna have a hard time hitting plates 20meters away with ghost ring sights
:) :)

mc_oliver
07-03-2005, 18:43
Originally posted by mikol
just seen one though ;f :). bosing mc_o ganda ng avatar mo a, mukhang gusto narin sumali sa competetion. ;) ano software ginamit mo dyan bosing?
Photochopped yan dre to make 3 "takes." Then animated using GIF animator. :)

mikol
07-03-2005, 23:20
Originally posted by mc_oliver
Photochopped yan dre to make 3 "takes." Then animated using GIF animator. :)

yun...masampulan nga yung pusa ko dyang avatar. ;a ;f

toxic
07-04-2005, 00:48
QUOTE]Originally posted by mc_oliver

'Neway, it's IPSC STd and prod (if OFM-offered) legal. [/QUOTE]

Idol i havent seen anyone who have used it in IPSC comps that i joined back home, it looks like a sight of modified pistol(most likely what sir Ante described) without the lens and the dot. just curious kung pasok sa production.

Artmarcella, yap i agree with you its a matter of preference, if it doesnt work for some guys maybe it will wok for me;f

sadik Mikol hows jeddah its freaking hot here in the central region.
kelan ba uwi mo?

Thanks guys for the input

mikol
07-04-2005, 00:56
Originally posted by toxic
QUOTE][i]sadik Mikol hows jeddah its freaking hot here in the central region.
kelan ba uwi mo?
same here sadik! the temperature is playing around 45-47 deg.cent. everyday. ;Q it only reaches it's low around 37deg. at night time.:(
hopefully toxic this coming december. kati na nga kamay ko e! ;f

toxic
07-04-2005, 00:58
same here sadik! the temperature is playing around 45-47 deg.cent. everyday. ;Q it only reaches it's low around 37deg. at night time.:(

ha ha ha pahiran mo ng gun powder creame tangal yan.

bagito
07-05-2005, 14:01

hirap talaga maging OFW, nangangati lahat. hanap ka ng ka-bonding;z ;z ;z yung walang malisya

mikol
07-05-2005, 23:36
ha ha ha pahiran mo ng gun powder creame tangal yan.
di ako makakuha nyan dito sadik kaya tyaga nalang sa kakakamut. ;e ;)

bagito mahirap humanap ng ka bonding dito magastos tsaka delikado. i'll just save up my money and buy myself an s_i soon!! ;f tsaka mahirap na(maipasubo)este mapasubo pala sa kanila, baka malunok pa nila e di wala ng matira pang-uwi. ;e ;a ;)

toxic
07-06-2005, 01:44
di ako makakuha nyan dito sadik kaya tyaga nalang sa kakakamut. ;e ;)

bagito mahirap humanap ng ka bonding dito magastos tsaka delikado. i'll just save up my money and buy myself an s_i soon!! ;f tsaka mahirap na(maipasubo)este mapasubo pala sa kanila, baka malunok pa nila e di wala ng matira pang-uwi. ;e ;a ;)

amen kapatid na migrante

mikol
07-06-2005, 03:18
amen kapatid na migrante
yup. it's better safe than be sorry later! ;f i am very happy already with my present situation. got a good looking wife(naks!), 2 wonderful kids(kaye & michael aka mikol/my mini-me) and a bit of savings(and still trying to add some more) for future needs.
so i got nothing else to ask for besides an Isuzu Crosswind which my wife really likes and a new S_I with all the accessories to be use in an open gun competetion ;f ;) ;))

toxic
07-06-2005, 04:33
Isuzu xwind kayang kaya sadik yung xuvi kunin mo tapos may S_I ka ..Cool

mikol
07-06-2005, 04:44
Isuzu xwind kayang kaya sadik yung xuvi kunin mo tapos may S_I ka ..Cool
gandang combination nga yan sadik. ;f naka dalawang bakasyon na kasi ako na yun at yun lang ang bukang bibig ni kumander.;Q sana makabuo na ng pangdown nitong uwi ko para naman dina mag-susungit si kumander. ;) di kasi pweding galawin ipon kasi para sa mga bata yun. :) di naman pwede e binta yung jeep kasi sayang din kita tsaka kawawa yun bayaw ko wala rin kasing inaasahan kundi yung kita sa pamamasada.

Eye Cutter
07-06-2005, 04:45
we have a crosswind XT manual tranny, schoolbus ng mga bata, and my mother has an XUV automatic. no contest yung automatic. sobra kupad ng automatic even if it is turbo charged. at least yung manual meron hatak. kaso wala yatang manual tranny sa XUV and XUVi series.

but consider the price difference of diesel and gasoline. it is now what, only 2 pesos per liter? if i were you, i'd get a gasoline engine vehicle instead. less hassle sa maintenance, mas maganda pa performance.

9MX
07-06-2005, 05:34
mas mabilis ang revo, di ba gundog?;z

gundog,

kailan natin gagamitin ang bagong ride mo? sa likod ako ha, may cruise attendant ba yan, para may magtatanong sa akin ng "sir, coffee tea or me?" :cool:

mikol
07-06-2005, 08:11
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
we have a crosswind XT manual tranny, schoolbus ng mga bata, and my mother has an XUV automatic. no contest yung automatic. sobra kupad ng automatic even if it is turbo charged. at least yung manual meron hatak. kaso wala yatang manual tranny sa XUV and XUVi series.

but consider the price difference of diesel and gasoline. it is now what, only 2 pesos per liter? if i were you, i'd get a gasoline engine vehicle instead. less hassle sa maintenance, mas maganda pa performance.
meron manual sa XUVi & XUV Doc. the price for XUVi is about 995T & 940T naman sa XUV. but considering our country's economic & current situation, maganda ata yung advice mo to get nalang a gasoline engine vehicle.
Maganda kaya yun Toyota Innova (gas not diesel) medyo mas mahal nga lang kunti sa crosswind XT.

toxic
07-07-2005, 00:12
Innova looks huge but there aint much space inside.

How about CRV sadik

mikol
07-07-2005, 00:46
Innova looks huge but there aint much space inside.

How about CRV sadik
maganda rin CRV sadik kaso lagpas na kasi 1M yun price parehas ng RAV-4. i was trying to consider doc alvin's suggestion about getting a gasoline driven engine nalang katulad ng Mitsubishi adventure(gls sport) or the Mazda 3(5-doors) about the same range of xwind(xt)we are just a family of 4, so i think ok na yun mga nabanggit ko.
but the big question is will my wife change her mind? parang naka pako na ata isip doon sa xwind. pag-nagkataon kunin ko xwind (xl) nalang mas mura. ;f

toxic
07-07-2005, 00:55
good luck on your choice , anyway kahit ano pang model/make nasa maintenance and sa gumagamit yan :cool:

mikol
07-07-2005, 01:09
good luck on your choice , anyway kahit ano pang model/make nasa maintenance and sa gumagamit yan :cool:
tumpak sadik. napag-tyagaan nga nya service nya sa office na toyota corolla xl(92-93 model ata yun?) e kahit na corolla xl din e palit doon pero model 2005 pwede narin siguro mas lalong mura pa down noon tsaka hulog monthly. ;f ;)

bagito
07-07-2005, 02:33
how about the new toyota fortuner, anyone tried this one.

mikol
07-07-2005, 03:02
Originally posted by bagito
how about the new toyota fortuner, anyone tried this one.
fortuner is a new model from toyota and it's around 1.2-1.5M. no idea yet of it's performance. :)

batangueno
07-07-2005, 09:14
Sobra daw haba ng pila para makakuha ng fortuner. Baka maganda nga.

bagito
07-08-2005, 02:37
Originally posted by batangueno
Sobra daw haba ng pila para makakuha ng fortuner. Baka maganda nga.

4x4 diesel=1.498 a/t
4x2 gas=1.193 a/t
inquire ako last month sabi nila 10 months daw bago lumabas yung unit kc haba ng pila. anyway still thinking of getting this one or the ford escape. anyone here tried the escape?
BTW im selling ng honda civic pls. see buy and sell thread

toxic
07-09-2005, 01:00
fortuner is a new model from toyota and it's around 1.2-1.5M. no idea yet of it's performance. :)

dont know if this is true, fortuners ( toyota ) diesel are made by isuzu ..i may be wrong.

mikol
07-09-2005, 02:37
dont know if this is true, fortuners ( toyota ) diesel are made by isuzu ..i may be wrong.
i also don't know sadik. but for us, we are only focused to xwind(or toyota innova). btw, the innova is a bit bigger than xwinds xt & xl. and also a bit smaller than xwinds xuvi & xuv. kung ako lang masusunod, di na sana muna kasi she still have her office service and i'm not there also for the whole year round. kaya kung pwede nga lang 'wag muna.
tingnan ko nalang sa december, if she still talks about it.(which i really hope she'll not) pag-di nag-banggit mas-maigi. in times like this i think it's not practical to invest such amount of money. dapat laylow muna hanggang maka establish ng magandang flatform yung papalit ki PGMA. kung sino man yun. ;f ;) ;)

atmarcella
07-09-2005, 02:45
yes i agree w/ you mikol, good decision:)

mikol
07-09-2005, 02:56
Originally posted by atmarcella
yes i agree w/ you mikol, good decision:)
sana nga master A. maipaliwanag ko ng maayos ki kumander. mahirap kasi magbakasyon na palaging nag-susungit ang wifey. lugi ako sa 1 month vacation ko.(you know what i mean) ;f ;f ;) bribe ko nalang kaya ng bagong cell yung N6630 or yung K750i para di muna mag-iisip ng xwind nya.;f

atmarcella
07-09-2005, 11:11
or a widescreen t.v.!!! yung cellphone kasi medyo mainit sa mata, tapos you bring it with you everywhere, i have a friend who got hurt cos he would'nt relinquish his highend cellphone to a holdupper, while yung t.v. nasa loob lang ng bahay nyo, kung di naman kita yung sala nyo from the outside kayo lang makakakita nun, at kyo lang mag enjoy nun, di ba:)

mikol
07-09-2005, 11:44
or a widescreen t.v.!!! yung cellphone kasi medyo mainit sa mata, tapos you bring it with you everywhere, i have a friend who got hurt cos he would'nt relinquish his highend cellphone to a holdupper, while yung t.v. nasa loob lang ng bahay nyo, kung di naman kita yung sala nyo from the outside kayo lang makakakita nun, at kyo lang mag enjoy nun, di ba:)
tama yun pala wala sa bahay namin wide screen tv.;f tapos with matching 5.1 home theather set.(got already an Akai 5.1 dvd with speakers);f ;f

atmarcella
07-10-2005, 02:47
sarap panoorin "blachawk down" dyan pare, if you have a subwoofer try bouncing the sound off a wall, lumalakas ;f enjoy;f

mikol
07-10-2005, 03:32
sarap panoorin "blachawk down" dyan pare, if you have a subwoofer try bouncing the sound off a wall, lumalakas ;f enjoy;f
meron amplified subwoofer 50 watts rms tapos 50 x 5 satl. speakers(min of 25 watts per channel). ;f yun ngang anaconda pag-pinapanood namin ng anak kung lalaki, taas yung puwit ng anak ko sa pagkakaupo pag-yung biglang labas noong ahas tapos sabay noong nakakagulat na sound.;z ;a
editted to add*** yung subwoofer naka-lapag lang sa floor sa may corner tapos yung 2-na front naka hook sa my taas ng front door tapos yun 2-rear naka patong doon sa tripod stand. yun center lang ang nakapatong doon sa tv.:) maganda nga kung may widescreen tv ano?;Q gastos na naman to pag-uwi.;f

atmarcella
07-10-2005, 03:46
its would cost lesser than the car pare, that i'm sure of:)

mikol
07-10-2005, 03:59
its would cost lesser than the car pare, that i'm sure of:)
for sure, but how long i can stall my wife in buying her dream car. ;Q di panga ako naka uwi meron na naman sila plano. my son just called me up and reminded me not to forget bringing my fishing rods and rails kasi punta daw kami boracay pag-uwi ko.:( i was happy for a second kasi tumawag dahil bday ko ngayon, kaso mas mahaba pa ata yung topic sa boracay kaysa doon sa greetings sakin.;f pero ok lang master A. what is important is that ma e enjoy nila yung time na kasama nila ako dahil i am spending more time here(working) than with them. makabawi man lang sa kanila.;f but hopefully wag muna sana yung car.;e ;a

atmarcella
07-10-2005, 04:05
;x ;y ;x ;y ;x ;y ;x ;y

mikol
07-10-2005, 04:13
;x ;y ;x ;y ;x ;y ;x ;y
thank you master A. sana maka jamming ko manlang kayo kahit minsan. hope sa pag-uwi ko dyan mataon naman na meron kayo ratratan sa Amrscor o kahit saan basta malapitlapit lang sa Pasay para makapagbonding naman(di yung bonding ni wp22 tsaka dometop ha!)kahit ilang oras bago yung flight ko pauwing Cebu. ;f ;f

atmarcella
07-10-2005, 04:39
i'm sure that day will come also sir, ako nga last month ko lang na meet sina judge, tigra, mco, 9mx and shihan, anyway, good luck sa decisyon mo sir, w/ regards to political stability dito sa atin, the only thing constant cguro dito is political instability, we cant base our decisions on that alone, ksi to be honest kakagaling ko lang sa website ng toyota fortuner, ang ganda nya pre! ksi kmi ni wifey medyo thinking of getting one also next year.........next pa naman hehehehehe;f

mikol
07-10-2005, 04:44
i'm sure that day will come also sir, ako nga last month ko lang na meet sina judge, tigra, mco, 9mx and shihan, anyway, good luck sa decisyon mo sir, w/ regards to political stability dito sa atin, the only thing constant cguro dito is political instability, we cant base our decisions on that alone, ksi to be honest kakagaling ko lang sa website ng toyota fortuner, ang ganda nya pre! ksi kmi ni wifey medyo thinking of getting one also next year.........next pa naman hehehehehe;f
hope that day will come master A. ;f and about the Fortuner, it looks really nice as well as the price.;f ;) pero xwind parin si kumander, ako naman either Innova or Adventure kung talagang maobligang bumili.;f

toxic
07-10-2005, 04:59
Sadik Happy Birthday ;y

mikol
07-10-2005, 07:46
Sadik Happy Birthday ;y
shoukran kateer sadik! ;f