Glock Service Firearm ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock Service Firearm ?

jlkwison
07-02-2005, 23:30
Hi guys, hope you're all doing fine. I a have question regarding the g31. My brother wants to purchase a glock for use as his service firearm, he's first choice is a g22 but is also interested in the g31. I opted for the g31 pointing out that he buy a barsto aftermarket .40 barrel for practice purposes (and to limit the possibility of a KBoom) and use the .357 sig barrel for carry. My question is, was my recommendation a good option ? Or he should just buy a g22. Are the newest g22s have full support barrels already? Thanks.:)

Kiddo
07-03-2005, 00:12
IMHO one disadvantage is that .357SIG is not a common round to find in our place. I'm not so sure there. That would be one of your considerations. :)

jasonub
07-03-2005, 07:00
all glocks do not offer any supported chambers even on new models.

isuzu
07-15-2005, 19:32
One of the most important things to consider when purchasing a service firearm is the availability of the firearm's bullet in a certain geographical area and the various bullet choices that you might want to consider.

Like in Europe, the 9mm is a very popular round, that is why NATO member nations use them in their service pistols. Likewise, the 9mm is available in almost any part of the world, and adaptability plays a big role here.

I have tried the 357 SIG, and the muzzle blast is just terrible. It was about 3pm, but you could still see the blast. We tried it indoors, and all you see is a big yellow-orange flame (aside from the concussion even if we were wearing ear protection). The target disappeared for a while, and I was disoriented for quite a time.

I'm not trying to discourage you on purchasing the 357 SIG, but unless ammo manufacturers could come out with an acceptable supply and improved ammo(with less muzzle blast), then you might want to consider the 357 SIG.