Getting ready to purchase a G19, some questions though. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready to purchase a G19, some questions though.

AllanRR
07-03-2005, 02:21
Hey guys,
A couple of months back, I posted a question here at BoG on where to buy a glock 19 in Manila. I got a lot of useful responses but I still have a few more questions before I "pull the trigger" on my purchase.

1. What normally comes with a new Glock 19? Is the new lockable security case/box inlcuded? How many magazines? Is a cleaning rod w brush and magazine loader also included?

2. Regarding the Glock frame recall, you guys advised that I should get a G19 with a serial # beginning with "F".
But what about the new issue with the dust covers cracking as posted in the General Glocking forum? Are new G19s in Manila affected by this? Will the shop I buy my G19 from cover this with the warranty if the dust cover does crack?

3. Any "deals" on a brand new G19 in Manila now? What is a good/fair price to pay?

4. Should I go with the original black frame or the new OD frame?

Thanks in advance BoG!

Allan

9MX
07-03-2005, 02:51
Originally posted by AllanRR
Hey guys,
A couple of months back, I posted a question here at BoG on where to buy a glock 19 in Manila. I got a lot of useful responses but I still have a few more questions before I "pull the trigger" on my purchase.

1. What normally comes with a new Glock 19? Is the new lockable security case/box inlcuded? How many magazines? Is a cleaning rod w brush and magazine loader also included?

i doubt if they will release it with the lockable case. sana. two mags and useless cleaning rod included

2. Regarding the Glock frame recall, you guys advised that I should get a G19 with a serial # beginning with "F".
But what about the new issue with the dust covers cracking as posted in the General Glocking forum? Are new G19s in Manila affected by this? Will the shop I buy my G19 from cover this with the warranty if the dust cover does crack?

haven't read about that. my G17 starts with Fxxx. still ok after 2K+ rounds

3. Any "deals" on a brand new G19 in Manila now? What is a good/fair price to pay?

check out twin pines. g17 promo nila is 37.5k unit pa lang. around 42k with license. i'm just not sure if kasama g19

4. Should I go with the original black frame or the new OD frame?

twin pine's promo doesn't cover the OD frame. if cost is an issue, black frame is ok. aesthetics lang yan

Thanks in advance BoG!

Allan

jasonub
07-03-2005, 07:05
we dont have warranties here are you sure you want one?

link (http://ipsc.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1578&hl=)

JuDGe
07-03-2005, 07:18
Wait for a couple more days for the gunshow at sm megamall, july 14-18 ata.

Lookout for our fellow BoG Deenoh at the WSC booth, he may have a nice price for you. ;f

My G17 (F-series) which I got from Deenoh - WSC, comes with the new Glock case but not lockable, 2 mags with +2ext, cleaning rod / brush, mag loader, manual, and a tiny precision screwdriver for the adj sights.

Wala pa naman akong nababalitaan na cracked frame (dustcover) dito sa 'Pinas..... teka ma-check nga yung G17 ko.... ;J

jasonub
07-03-2005, 07:24
not only the frame, the slide, the barrel. Just be careful in buying sayang ang pera. If you can get a 1911 get it due to parts plus they cant tig weld parts if needed.

Ask MC0. BTW my svi which will birthday this october (second birtday has shot 20200 rounds without damage to any parts. Just my 2 cents

Alexii
07-03-2005, 07:24
That new issue about cracking dust covers is indeed disturbing. They even have multiple photos to prove it. Worse, it seems to affect random serial numbers unlike the rail issue which is confined to the E-series. So far, there are Ds, Fs, and Gs with cracked dust covers.

Should it ever affect anyone here and pursue warranty claims from Glock, it would most likely take one year (not to mention paperwork) as experienced by one of our fellow BOGs.

AllanRR
07-03-2005, 20:23
Originally posted by 9MX

check out twin pines. g17 promo nila is 37.5k unit pa lang. around 42k with license. i'm just not sure if kasama g19

Hello 9MX,
I checked out Twin Pines at Makati Cinema Square yesterday and the G19 is included in their "sale". P37,800 is the unit price less P2000 if I pay in full. Sound like a good deal unless someone knows something better will come up during the gunshow.

9MX
07-03-2005, 21:47
allan,

i suggest you take it. i'm not sure if it will be lower during the gunshow. what is certain is that, pricing will be ala cartel by that time ;f

asian_glockster
07-05-2005, 11:26
When I bought my G19, sometime in 2001, after 300 rds and couple of thousands of dry-firing, the headspace of the slide cracked. Brought it back to the gunstore where I bought it (sorry, I will not mention the name of the gunstore). I waited for almost a year before getting my glock back. The gunstore said that it was not their fault but the regional distributor (at Hongkong, I think) took so long to reply. At the instruction of the regional distributor, the gunstore send the damaged slide back to Austria and replaced it with another slide (with matching serial nos) and with the "mariner" finish. After that incident, my glock never had any problems. What happened to my glock is just an isolated incident. It is my carry gun ever since.;f

vega
07-05-2005, 13:29
asian_glockster - Glad to hear your gunstore took care of you, di baleng matagal basta may action.

Care to PM the gunstore's name?

vega

mc_oliver
07-05-2005, 19:11
Originally posted by asian_glockster
the headspace of the slide cracked.
Dre, saang part yan? Yung breechface kung saan lumalabas yung firing pin?

If so, I know one local guy who broke his two glocks in the same manner. ;f

jasonub
07-05-2005, 20:16
thus the isolated incident is a normal incident;g

asian_glockster
07-05-2005, 22:00
Originally posted by mc_oliver

Yes doon nga

casmot
07-08-2005, 03:41
Originally posted by mc_oliver

If so, I know one local guy who broke his two glocks in the same manner. ;f

I think I know who that guy is... :) He's also a BoG. Actually, its not only his two glock that he broke. Surefire, celphone, etc... :)

9MX
07-08-2005, 04:26
casmot,

you're back ! :)

whattttt???? the homogenizer destroyed his surefire;P grabe na ire!

asian glockster,

S/N of your G19? Does it start with a C or E?

asian_glockster
07-08-2005, 06:10
Originally posted by 9_mx
S/N of your G19? Does it start with a C or E?

its "D"