gun parts? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : gun parts?


mikol
07-04-2005, 00:01
is it legal to transport gun parts like ambi safety and full lenght guide rod set in a commercial flight? i was thinking of buying the said parts there in Manila before taking my flight back to Cebu during my holidays.;f
just want to make sure about legaleties on boarding those parts on a local commercial flight. parts there in Manila are way cheaper than in the province kaya plano ko dayn bumili.;f

jasonub
07-04-2005, 01:56
maliit lang yan pero it would show in the xray. but they might not mind it at all. just bring a set of tools or wrenches and put it there

mikol
07-04-2005, 02:54
Originally posted by jasonub
maliit lang yan pero it would show in the xray. but they might not mind it at all. just bring a set of tools or wrenches and put it there

tamang-tama, meron akong nabiling mga sets of box wrench tsaka ibang tools para doon sa jeep. e halo ko nalang doon. ;f thanks GM Jason!:)
dapat pala ma e bukod ko yung mga yun sa ibang carton para madaling buksan. ;f

jasonub
07-04-2005, 05:47
medyo make it greasy para hindi galawin. apply some grease on the tools but not too much that they think your hiding something. para lang maging rust proof. when they touch it it will be greasy and they will just inspect visually and let it go.

remember to check it in not hand carry;f

mikol
07-04-2005, 07:48
Originally posted by jasonub
medyo make it greasy para hindi galawin. apply some grease on the tools but not too much that they think your hiding something. para lang maging rust proof. when they touch it it will be greasy and they will just inspect visually and let it go.

remember to check it in not hand carry;f

yup i'll do that. thanks again GM Jason. ;f
editted to add***i'll be bringing also some of my fishing stuff like my viking rails and other. so maybe i could include those on the same box with my tools along with those gun parts.;f

batangueno
07-04-2005, 08:56
In a domestic flight i don't think there will be any problems, it's not illegal to carry gun parts. But just in case, you'll never know.

mikol
07-04-2005, 09:40
Originally posted by batangueno
In a domestic flight i don't think there will be any problems, it's not illegal to carry gun parts. But just in case, you'll never know.
thanks for the heads up batang, let's see if it work.;f sayang din kasi yung savings na 1.8k for the ambi safety alone(3k in Cebu vs. 1.2k in armscor)e sa ibang parts pa, kaya i'll be expecting to born more gun powder this coming few months.;f ;a ;f

Dok
07-04-2005, 21:31
does a slide and barrel require special permit if you declare it in commercial domestic flight?

mikol
07-04-2005, 23:37
Originally posted by Dok
does a slide and barrel require special permit if you declare it in commercial domestic flight?

i think so Dok, kasi barrel/slide or complete upper conversion kit are considered already a firearm unit(correct me if im wrong)and are supposed to be registered. Pero replacement parts like ambi safety, FLGR, MHS w/ magwell and others might not need any permit.(i hope so ^<wg) ;);f

isuzu
07-09-2005, 20:27
My safest guess is that either a barrel, slide, or frame is considered a complete firearm (yeah, put a bullet in them and they will fire. Hahahaha). Seriously, according to our firearms laws, when you buy a barrel, slide or a frame, you have to have them registered with the FED. You even have to surrender a worn-out barrel if you are replacing it with a new one, if the laws are to be strictly followed.

When you are transporting gun parts by commercial flight, be sure to have the receipt from the gunstore where you purchased the said part, plus a copy of your firearm's license. Some airport security personnel might just be picky and search you for papers.

Importation of firearms by INDIVIDUALS, as well as the mentioned parts have been cancelled by the FEO (now the FED), during the late 80's after a congressman imported several balikbayan boxes of high-powered firearms which included Galils via NAIA.

It takes just one stupid individual to mess up the privilege given to the legal firearms owners.