col. bayang, metrillo, starfire etc. who's d'best? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : col. bayang, metrillo, starfire etc. who's d'best?

bertud ng putik
07-06-2005, 00:29
hard chroming a 1911 pistol, who's the best for you guys? and is it practical to change finish, if ur gun is still new? bought mine last Dec.2004 only, and spent only 100 rounds of FMJ 230 grains. mine is a norinco enhanced factory special 1911.

gunfool
07-06-2005, 04:28
Originally posted by bertud ng putik
hard chroming a 1911 pistol, who's the best for you guys? and is it practical to change finish, if ur gun is still new? bought mine last Dec.2004 only, and spent only 100 rounds of FMJ 230 grains. mine is a norinco enhanced factory special 1911. Man if I were you bugbugin mo muna yang baril mo bago mo pa chrome. Naka 100 rounds pa lang pala ni hindi pa yata na break-in ng maayos yan.;f

jasonub
07-06-2005, 04:28
most have the chroming job done outside. relatively new ang baril mo i suggest just shoot it. when it gets to 10000 chrome the slide. higpit na naman yan. after another 10000 chrome the frame then higpit na naman.

then again if you want it chromed now do it!

royal glockster
07-06-2005, 07:21
For me, the choice is between metrillo and col. bayang. Metrillo's custom jobs include the thinning of the grip plus the checkering on it especially on armscor and para hi-cap pistols,while bayang is famous for his modification of standard frame and slide into an STI look long dust frame and slide. He's also capable of thinning the widebody grip of 1911 pistols plus his custom made magwell that is not so flary as compared to after market magwells. But his signature is the famous "bayang cut" at the serration of the slide. He called it the "pilipit" serration. Reasonable ang charge ni bayang.

Starfire's works a little bit rough. :cool:

Valor1
07-06-2005, 09:29
More than a year na pala baril mo 100 rounds pa rin? Aba, gulpihin mo muna iyan before changing the plating. If it ain't broke, why fix it? Peace tayo.
Ganda kasi ng hard chrome kaya you ge the itch to change it. It's not the gun, but how well you shoot it. As for the gunsmiths, I have experience with both Metrillo and Bayang. I'll say they do good works. What is important is they stand up to their jobs or should we say, give a sort of waarranty. :)

mirko128
07-06-2005, 20:16
Does anyone have Col. Bayang's address? Thanks!

Tried calling them at 840 1362...di ko mainitindihan yung address ;Q

mc_oliver
07-06-2005, 20:42
Originally posted by mirko128
Does anyone have Col. Bayang's address? Thanks!

Tried calling them at 840 1362...di ko mainitindihan yung address ;Q
From Ayala-EDSA pasok Mckinley sa Forbes. Diretso hanggang abot ng The Fort intersection. Right ka (papuntang Gate 3, Villamor ba yun?). Then right uli (harap ng officers club), papasok sa Jusmag compound, pagkatapos lang nung Flag pole na mey mga kumakaway nagbibigay ng flyers ;f. Left sa first intersection, yung shop niya is the 3rd house yata sa left.

batangueno
07-07-2005, 09:18
Scratch mo na starfire, wala na si churchill doon, nasa PB na ulit.