couple of computer questions?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : couple of computer questions??

davesglock30
07-06-2005, 12:11
i'm sorry if these are really easy or dumb questions but i'm just not very good with computers. my first question is, i just downloaded adobe acrobat reader 7.0. can i remove acrobat 5.0 that is still on my computer now to save room? also when i am freeing up disk space by deleting cookies and stuff i run the disk cleanup thing (i have windows xp)and one of the things it brings up is temporary files and it is pretty big. can i safely delete this? i always delete the temporary internet files and recycle bin. ohh and one more thing. when i go into windows explorer and open up the windows where it shows cookies, when i right click on the cookies can i delete the cookies file? i know on windows 98 i used to delete it and it would get rid of the old cookies but this one makes it sound like the actual folder will be deleted??? sorry about these questions if they are really dumb. i would just like to clean my computer up a little because it is starting to slow down a bit. thank you for any help.

pyblood
07-06-2005, 12:43
I would recommend uninstalling both Adobe reader 5 and 7, and then reinstalling version 7 again. Make sure to just get the reader and not all of the other stuff like the toolbar and the download manager.

If you want to delete your cookies, just open IE. Click on Tools and select Internet options. Click on Delete Cookies and Delete files. That will delete your cookies and your temporary internet files.

Another way of taking care of unwanted junk on your computer is to go to www.ccleaner.com and download CCleaner. It is a great (and free) app that will do a good job of cleaning up your computer.

davesglock30
07-06-2005, 13:20
cool, thank you!!