pede ba mag dala sa pinas nito? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : pede ba mag dala sa pinas nito?

bertud ng putik
07-06-2005, 18:42
gud am guys!

may uuwi sa pinas, galing USA. mag papadala sana ako ng magazine clip. pede ba iuwi dito yun? di ba haharangin sa NAIA???

asintaderoche
07-06-2005, 19:15
yari yan, send mo na lang sa mail.... lam mo na..

9MX
07-06-2005, 19:15
its illegal, you need an import permit

vega
07-06-2005, 19:41
Originally posted by asintaderoche
yari yan, send mo na lang sa mail.... lam mo na..
That's illegal too.

vega

9MX
07-06-2005, 19:50
Originally posted by vega
That's illegal too.

vega

true that!:cool:

mikey177
07-06-2005, 19:51
Its illegal to import magazines without a permit as these fall under the classification of firearm parts.

Dok
07-06-2005, 23:48
how about rifle scope, red dots? through USPS, LBC, Johnny Air, etc.?

9MX
07-07-2005, 00:18
Originally posted by Dok

illegal

bertud ng putik
07-07-2005, 01:22
Originally posted by mikey177
Its illegal to import magazines without a permit as these fall under the classification of firearm parts.

what about the grip like pachmyer wrap around grip? do they consider it firearm parts?

9MX
07-07-2005, 01:48
Originally posted by bertud ng putik
what about the grip like pachmyer wrap around grip? do they consider it firearm parts?

its allowed

vega
07-07-2005, 06:30
Originally posted by Dok
9MX - I didn't know that these are illegal? Those are not firearm parts but rather accessories.

vega

9MX
07-07-2005, 08:08
9MX - I didn't know that these are illegal? Those are not firearm parts but rather accessories.

vega

well according to p. 267 of atty. topacio's book;

"5.b Telescopic sights and similar devices are controlled articles pursuant to PLOI No. 1280 dated 1 December 1982. All shipments of these articles, except those imported by the AFP and PNP, shall be turned over to FEO for safekeeping/proper disposition.

5.c Some government agencies like the NBI, are allowed to import telescopic sights, sniper scopes and similar devices on a case-to-case basis. The importation however, should be covered by the corresponding authorization to import issued by C, PNP, subject to the condition that upon arrival from abroad the articles shall be deposited with FEO for documentation before release to the importer"

PLOI - Presidential Letter of Instruction

Reading this again, I realize it doesn't seem to be a law but part of the implementing guidelines. I'm not sure if violators are criminally liable or the items in question would just be confiscated.

;c

vega
07-07-2005, 17:24
When we went to Bangkok, I bought a Simmons scope which was on sale for P1500.00. Hahn was selling that for P7000.00. They opened up our luggage and saw it but didn't mind. I didn't even know that there's a guideline for that accessory.

vega

9MX
07-07-2005, 19:19
vega,

i only came to learn about it when i bought topacio's book. several friends of mine have brought in scopes as well with no problem. i guess these guidelines are not well known.

eclipse1
07-07-2005, 19:28
saan at sino ang kukuha ng permit?
may gumagawa ba naman nito?

Chie
07-07-2005, 19:40
Is it hard to get an import permit?

What are the steps of getting the permit?

agentrod
07-07-2005, 20:12
Originally posted by Chie
bought a hammer, sear, disconnector & strut from brazos last june. and had it delivered to my moms place in the states, and she placed them in her check-in luggage on her way back here.

prior to that i had a chat with my uncle who is an airport police, hindi rin sya sure if it was legal for my mom to bring the items here.

buti nalang naka lusot!

;a

You're Mom was very lucky. I suggest you dont try doing that again, may not be worth the Piso saved.

9MX
07-07-2005, 21:11
Originally posted by eclipse1

i think from FED

Chie
07-07-2005, 22:51
Originally posted by agentrod
You're Mom was very lucky. I suggest you dont try doing that again, may not be worth the Piso saved.

Yeah i know :)

vega
07-08-2005, 08:22
Yeah i know :)
Chie - pm sent.

vega

Dok
07-08-2005, 20:09
if pachmayr grips are allowed, will they allow a wooden rifle stock?

9MX can you list down parts/accesories that is allowed/not allowed?

tnx.;a

kent
07-09-2005, 01:31
uhhh, as i've posted in some other thread here in gt, we asked a friend who came home from the states may of this year to buy us parts and accessories, he arrives with a few balikbayan boxes full of grips, scopes, lasers, reddots, stock, handles, slings, reloader, holsters, speed rig, knives, flashlights, and a laptop.

no hassle, no worry, no tax, no bribe, just lucky i guess.

also last year when he came home, it was only one sti handle, one set spring, six paintball markers and four laptop and a projector.

darwin25
07-09-2005, 01:34
Originally posted by eclipse1

Base to base casis yan pards. Ang lagay eh.......;f

9MX
07-09-2005, 09:23
Originally posted by Dok
if pachmayr grips are allowed, will they allow a wooden rifle stock?

9MX can you list down parts/accesories that is allowed/not allowed?

tnx.;a

not allowed:
toy guns
telescopic sights
tear gas devices
electronic weapons
bulletproof vests/vestments
firearms
ammunition
ammunition components
barrel
magazine
slide
rifle/pistol frame

pistol internal parts- i don't recall reading anything specifically stating that it is not allowed.

wooden rifle stock - ditto with internal parts. putting it in your check-in luggage could be practical option. but considering the heightened alert level in the USA (assuming it would come from there)...;Q

riddler
07-09-2005, 11:28

bought a hammer, sear, disconnector & strut from brazos last june. and had it delivered to my moms place in the states, and she placed them in her check-in luggage on her way back here.

prior to that i had a chat with my uncle who is an airport police, hindi rin sya sure if it was legal for my mom to bring the items here.

buti nalang naka lusot!

Even if your mom was able to get illegal items through the Philippine Customs, you have just admitted to your mom committing a felony here in the US.

vega
07-09-2005, 15:52

Originally posted by riddler
Even if your mom was able to get illegal items through the Philippine Customs, you have just admitted to your mom committing a felony here in the US.

Is there a law against internal parts being shipped out of the country? When one member complained about the magazine missing from his shipment I called the store where he purchased it and I was told the it is not illegal for them to ship magazine out of US.

vega

PMMA97
07-09-2005, 17:51

... I was told the it is not illegal for them to ship magazine out of US.

vega

Shipping OUT, yes, But It is Illegal for the Philippine customs to accept it coming IN without proper documents. ;g

PMMA97
07-09-2005, 17:59

Is there a law against internal parts being shipped out of the country?
vega

Here is a section on the Import Tariff Law of the Philippines of shipments coming IN.

Sec. 102. Prohibited Importations. The importation into the Philippines of the following articles is prohibited:

a. Dynamite, gunpowder, ammunitions and other explosives, firearm and weapons of war, and detached parts thereof, except when authorized by law.

isuzu
07-09-2005, 21:20
Your mom was just lucky. The BATF and Transportation Security Administration have issued new rules regarding the transport of firearms parts. Remember, the US is at war, and under the Patriot Act, she could have faced a lengthy prison term in the US if she was caught with those parts. If she went to the US on a tourist visa, her tourist visa would have been cancelled. For sure, this would also affect the status of her immediate relatives when they apply or renew their tourist visas, because their immediate family member has a criminal record in the US.

If she has a green card, there is a big chance that her green card would be cancelled had she been caught with those stuff.

After serving her prison term, she would have been deported. That means, she will be handcuffed from the US up to her destination. She also can't come back to the US.

Just a piece of advise: if you intend to bring gun parts from the US to the Philippines, do it the legal way. If you don't have the time to get the permits to import the parts, don't send it with somebody.

asintaderoche
07-11-2005, 18:51
Relax kababayan, check the US laws, do a search,. for what i've got no more than $100 or you have to get an export permit if you are selling it. Latest tech stuff should be limited to personal use if you own it here and you want to bring it out, limit is no more than one or you will be charge with technology piracy, optic sights and gun accessories were common on this. For as long as you get the proper permits and documentation you can bring no more than one gun with you. For goodnes sake do a search and follow the US Laws. And for wherever you are going, check the local laws.

BTW i'm using a simmons sight and it's one of our own. I just got it for $49

isuzu
07-11-2005, 22:42
Well, the latest rules of the US Customs, TSA and BATF is that you can't bring any gun parts on international flights without the proper documents covering the transport of the gun parts. That is clearly defined in the US Customs pamphlets that are available for free in US airports. The provision has been there even on the old pamphlets that I got in 2003.

There are certain regulations regarding the transport of gun parts for local flights in the US.:)

Ditto on that, Riddler! It's a felony to transport firearms parts without the necessary permit(s).

batangueno
07-12-2005, 06:19
Originally posted by isuzu
Ditto on that, Riddler! It's a felony to transport firearms parts without the necessary permit(s).
Who's Riddler?;Q

lazyjohn
07-12-2005, 07:58
Originally posted by batangueno
Who's Riddler?;Q Riddler is the conscience who's not afraid to tell how it is to keep you honest!

vega
07-12-2005, 08:34
http://www.tsa.gov/public/interapp/editorial/editorial_1188.xml (http://)

edited to add - http://www.tsa.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/Permitted_Prohibited_5_16_2005_v3.pdf
I hope this works now. Gun parts are allowed but don't make "palusot". Get the necessary docs.

I hope this answers bertud's question.

vega

isuzu
07-12-2005, 18:11
When my friends went to Thailand last year or the other year, they were made to inventory all their equipment and bullets by the Thai Customs. They also got an import permit from FED and Bureau of Customs in case they bought parts in Thailand, with the intention of bringing them back to the Philippines.

They all sold or gave their bullets to the Thai shooters. They weren't taking any chances because if they declared that they weren't bringing any live rounds back with them and the Thai authorities found even just one live round, that could get them in big trouble in Thailand.

Vega, that's the right statement: "get the necessary docs."

riddler
07-13-2005, 21:23
Most of the references that is circling the internet states that it is legal to import parts which is less than $100 in value. But it does not mean that someone can buy it here and bring it along a check-in luggage.

That is not "exporting" out of the US, rather it is "smuggling" out of the US and hence a felony. Legal exportation must be covered by a paper trail. This can be achieved by purchasing such an item from reputable firearm dealer here using a P.O. and have them shipped it out of the country themselves.

Otherwise, why is it that in LAX and SFO, before you get to the x-ray machine, there is a big sign that states that it is illegal to do so.

If you guys still are not convinced, try this litmus test. Those who are currently here in the States, go to your nearest Post Office. Try mailing a package to Manila and in your Customs Declaration, jot down gun parts valued at $95. See what happens.

Some of you can keep asking around until you find someone that will give you the answer you like. But the letter of the law as it is written now will not change for your benefit.

This is not a problem when you are in the Philippines because of the "padrino" mentality and because money can change people's mind. But if you live here in the US and work in a profession that is governed by a licensing board, you better not commit a felony for it can be grounds for revocation of your license to practice.

isuzu
07-13-2005, 22:05
Yup! Seen that sign at LAX, Riddler. And I got the US Customs pamphlet at LAX.

Allegra
07-13-2005, 22:17
Kayo talaga
Dito nalang kayo bumili sa Pilipinas ng kumita naman mga gunstore
In fairness, sosyal ang makulong sa states

riddler
07-13-2005, 22:53
Originally posted by Allegra
In fairness, sosyal ang makulong sa states

I would not know because I have never been inside the big house. But being someone's b1tch sure is a pain in the A SS.

charlie-xray
09-23-2005, 15:07
Pre saan ka nag-shooting sa Cavite Area? Hope you could give me more details

Originally posted by bertud ng putik
gud am guys!

may uuwi sa pinas, galing USA. mag papadala sana ako ng magazine clip. pede ba iuwi dito yun? di ba haharangin sa NAIA???