UFC August 20th [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : UFC August 20th

Gunmonkey357
07-06-2005, 21:12
Anybody going?

zoobie
07-13-2005, 00:14
pffft, it's skewed towards big strong grapplers. To me no holds barred includes biting neck/groinstrikes and eye strikes. ufc removes what bjj/shootfighting dosen't work against then claims to be best. Riiiight.;Q

Gunmonkey357
07-13-2005, 21:05
The rules were added to be approved by the Nevada state athletic commission. If you don't like it fine, Just wanted to see if anyone else was going.

zoobie
07-14-2005, 00:23
wow, that did come across as snarky (note to self, don't post on boards on margarita night);J

gr81disp
07-14-2005, 15:52
You are right, in the history of bjj/shootfighting no one has EVER bitten or eye gouged. I am amazed I have never seen that before. You have just created the ultimate martial art. ;Q

el_jewapo
07-14-2005, 16:09
i've often wondered what would happen if you pulled guard in a street fight against a biter.

gracie ju jitsu is supposed to have counters for that type of thing, but you'll never see it in mma.

el_jewapo
07-14-2005, 16:10
Originally posted by gr81disp
You are right, in the history of bjj/shootfighting no one has EVER bitten or eye gouged. I am amazed I have never seen that before. You have just created the ultimate martial art. ;Q

gerard geardeau (sp?) blinded some japanese guy with an eye gouge and LOST the fight!

gr81disp
07-14-2005, 17:20
Pulling guard in a street fight means you screwed up or the guy is a lot bigger than you. Don't forget, the guard is meant do be a defensive position, it is ALWAYS better to be on top. But, if a guy bites me, he better hope I don't take his back because I am going to break his jaw before I choke him out.

fpm
07-20-2005, 15:46

EntryTeamBJJMMA
07-25-2005, 22:27
I fought an MMA match staruday night..and I would LOVE to get people in the ring who think MMA isn't real enough. When the bell rings you'll sing a different tune when you figure out you can't bite a guy who's pounding your face til it's two dimensional.

to bite/eyegouge, whatever...you must be in position to do so. He who controls position....controls the fight. You got no positional skills....you got no chance versus a trained and conditioned opponent of any kind....boxer, kickboxer, wrestler, whatever.

But don't take my word for it.....grow a pair and find out for yourself.

-R

K-DOG
07-28-2005, 00:55
I pulled an armbar on some guy and he bit my leg. I told him to let go but he didn't. So he tried to bite as much as he could through my jeans. And then I dislocated his elbow.

gr81disp
07-28-2005, 13:48
Spike TV's Ultimate Fight Night

LIVE August 6th @ 9pm EST

Middleweight Bout
Nathan Marquardt vs. Ivan Salaverry (should be pretty good)

Welterweight Bout
Pete Spratt vs. Josh Koscheck (night night Kos)

Middleweight Bout
Pete Sell vs. Nate Quarry (oughta be a war!)

Light Heavyweight Bout
Sam Hoger vs. Stephen Bonnar (PLEASE KO Hogar)

Middleweight Bout
Patrick Cote vs. Chris Leben (SOMEBODY is getting KO'd)
Mike Swick vs Keith Rockel

Welterweight Bout
Kenny Florian vs Alex Karalexis (Not sure, could be interesting)
Drew Fickett vs Josh Neer (Don't know, don't care)

Not sure how many are going to be televised but still, it is UFC goodness!