London attack medical equipment question [Archive] - Glock Talk


View Full Version : London attack medical equipment question

Mister B
07-07-2005, 15:28
Are these facemasks new? The look like premade bandage systems to cover face wounds while allowing the eyes, ears and mouth to be accessed. Are these used in the United States?

07-08-2005, 07:17
I saw that this morning on the front page of my local paper. I have not seen that before, and neither has my wife (emergency room RN). Seems like a good idea for 1st responders.

07-10-2005, 10:13
Nope, those have actually been around for a while. They're pre-cut face burn dressings. Most burn packs come with one or two. The reason most people don't recognize them is that most pre-hospital and ER people don't use them. They are a little more common in burn units, but really they're just a fancy dressing that you can make yourself for much less.


07-11-2005, 12:04