AVATAR help....and don't laugh [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : AVATAR help....and don't laugh

sx-al
07-07-2005, 16:23
Ok guys I don't know how to make an avatar pic for GT. I tried to resize the pic I wanted to use but it changes the name to .photoshop something. Not .jpg. I don't have a clue what else to do. I tried to search but...:(
So I must bother you guys with what I imagine even a 13yr old could answer.

How do I make a picture an AVATAR for GT?

Thanks in advance

Al

07-07-2005, 17:52
I am 9 and i did mine:)

Just kidding, i had a hard time getting the size just right on mine too.

Andy

It depends on what program your using to edit the avatar with i think. Mine was a photo and i used the Arcsoft Photosuite program that came with my camera. Took some looking to find the resize option but it is there.

Is this a photo you want as an avatar ?

sx-al
07-07-2005, 18:08
Originally posted by USCG1988
Is this a photo you want as an avatar ?

Yup. And thanks for the help. I tried using photoshop to resize to 100 by 100 which is what the specs were. If I am right.

I can't change the name of my file to .jpg. The web site requires specific file name to upload. Photoshop renames the file after it messes with it.

I will try another software and screw around with it some more when I get my hands on it. Or wait til my kid turns 9.

Al

prism
07-07-2005, 19:35
try this site : http://www.picresize.com/

DWavs
07-07-2005, 19:43
Open it in MS Paint and resize it there.

DeadMansLife
07-07-2005, 20:02
I just changed mine today. Resized it with IRFANVIEW (http://www.irfanview.com/).

sx-al
07-08-2005, 15:07
I appreciate all your input guys. I will get to work on it this weekend if I'm not doin' Chucky Cheese. Beer is on me if you guys are ever in Miami.;Y

Al

sx-al
07-09-2005, 18:40
I had to make it a .gif to get it small enought to clear. But success none the less. Now I got to get better at it. I can't thank you guys enough for the tutoring.

Al

cgwahl
07-09-2005, 18:52
Originally posted by sx-al
I had to make it a .gif to get it small enought to clear. But success none the less. Now I got to get better at it. I can't thank you guys enough for the tutoring.

Al

First ones free...;n