kaboom in 1911... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : kaboom in 1911...


Chie
07-07-2005, 20:40
Just wondering if any of you guys ever experienced this situation before.

A few guys including bobby lopez told me that prone daw to kaboom ang .40 cal 1911. i did not beleive him until it happened to me.

Was testing various ammo loads & i did not bother guage my bullets. I was almost done with the loads i was testing with about 5 ammo left then my gun jammed, I was trying to clear it by holding the slide steady & pushing the frame forward then "KABOOM!" ;P the jammed ammo blew up in the ejection port. Lucky me! (not the pansit canton)... I pointed the ejection port towards the ground & to think I had no eye protection.

After that, i cleaned my gun & found out that the claw of the stock extractor of my armscor had chipped.

With that experience, I carefully guage all ammo & pag may sabit tapon na!

9MX
07-07-2005, 21:16
i think something similar happened to mcoliver in most recent pb funshoot. iirc, changing stock extractor (tama ba mco?) to a .45 extractor would prevent primer detonation

mc_oliver
07-07-2005, 21:36
Yep, although I haven't swapped it out yet and instead bought a case gauge. Kinikil ko na lang patagilid yung ejector. ;f

gundog
07-07-2005, 22:03
hey chie , as usual tama c mco. use a 45 extractor. better yet get a .45 cal pistol wla kaboom. sunday pards;a

Chie
07-07-2005, 22:47
Originally posted by gundog
hey chie , as usual tama c mco. use a 45 extractor. better yet get a .45 cal pistol wla kaboom. sunday pards;a

.45 extractor? dba ang match sa .40 is a 9mm & .38 super extractor?

Eye Cutter
07-08-2005, 00:10
mga ngo-ngo! hindi yung extractor ang nag-cause ng kaboom!

tumama pwet ng bala sa ejector! Ejector fire tawag dun.

that's pretty common sa mga nagtitipid and gumagamit ng mga pitik na basyo! hahahaha!!!!

Moral of the story: mag-gauge kayo and most of all, don't buy brass from bad boys! hahahaha!!!

mc_oliver
07-08-2005, 00:29
Extractor, ejector, bananas, apols, fruits cocktail, pare-pareho lang yun. ;f;f

Eherm, majority ng basyo ko ngayon di na pitik! Bwehehehe!!!

;z

Seriously, though, si Col. Bayang pala palagi na raw na-ejector fire dati. His last build ng 40cal, 45 yung ejector na gamit niya. And lapad ng ejector, halos buong diam ng 40 shell. Kung magka ejector fire ka pa nyan malas ka na talaga. :)

9MX
07-08-2005, 00:55
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
mga ngo-ngo! hindi yung extractor ang nag-cause ng kaboom!



at least ako nagtanong, sinagot naman ni mco. si gundog ngongo;z ;f

si mco di na pitik talaga ang brass niya, kulimbat na eh;N

Eye Cutter
07-08-2005, 01:00
hahahaha! si gundog ang original na ngo-ngo!

nhgindi ba, njhojhi?

nanginginig na ako! 2 weeks na ko di naputok! baka ma-cancel pa dnd shoot! syete!

9MX
07-08-2005, 01:02
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
hahahaha! si gundog ang original na ngo-ngo!

nhgindi ba, njhojhi?

nanginginig na ako! 2 weeks na ko di naputok! baka ma-cancel pa dnd shoot! syete!

magpabunot ka muna ng isang bala doc, use one nosetril at a time in sniffing VV N320 to avoid OD;f

Chie
07-08-2005, 01:14
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
mga ngo-ngo! hindi yung extractor ang nag-cause ng kaboom!

tumama pwet ng bala sa ejector! Ejector fire tawag dun.

that's pretty common sa mga nagtitipid and gumagamit ng mga pitik na basyo! hahahaha!!!!

Moral of the story: mag-gauge kayo and most of all, don't buy brass from bad boys! hahahaha!!!

Sorry na kung Sorry!

Humi-hingi lang ng payo eh matawag ba naman na ngo-ngo! nghiba njhojhi

Eh sabi ni Galman sa kanya ka din daw kumukuha ng basyo eh! Kaya gumaya na lang din ako syo :)! "jok jok jok"

Buti sana kung madami budget tulad ni Eye Cutter! Pwede bumili ng basyo every shoot. Pa utang nalang ng basyo! Palitan ko in a months time. Nyehehehe ;)

gundog
07-08-2005, 06:02
mga bwitsit! parepareho kyo ngongo. kyo kyo nagusap. c mco may kasalanan s lahat, cya nagsabi na pwede extractor ng .45 s .40. ;Q ;G ;+ ~rf ~rf ~rf

vega
07-08-2005, 11:49
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
mga ngo-ngo! hindi yung extractor ang nag-cause ng kaboom! tumama pwet ng bala sa ejector! Ejector fire tawag dun.

+1
Sa cause, hindi sa ngongo.

vega

revo
07-08-2005, 22:52
Originally posted by Chie

Was testing various ammo loads & i did not bother guage my bullets. I was almost done with the loads i was testing with about 5 ammo left then my gun jammed, I was trying to clear it by holding the slide steady & pushing the frame forward then "KABOOM!" ;P the jammed ammo blew up in the ejection port. Lucky me! (not the pansit canton)... I pointed the ejection port towards the ground & to think I had no eye protection.


Teka...did the hammer fall down when you pushed the frame forward ?

If so, you might have an unsafe weapon.

One, no gun should fire when the round is out of breech, Two, the hammer should not fall when all you're trying to do is push the frame forward.

jasonub
07-09-2005, 00:22
One, no gun should fire when the round is out of breech, Two, the hammer should not fall when all you're trying to do is push the frame forward. [/B][/QUOTE]

glocks fire out of battery. not sure if all glocks do though

Chie
07-09-2005, 01:22
no the hammer did not go down.

like Eye Cutter said the ejector became the firing pin.

dont know if the cause was the extractor because when i cleaned it part of the claw was chipped off. or i was just unlucky for me that the ejector hit the primer in some weird way when i tried to clear it.

JuDGe
07-09-2005, 10:51
Originally posted by mc_oliver
Eherm, majority ng basyo ko ngayon di na pitik! Bwehehehe!!! ;z

testigo po ako dyan.... your honors! ;f

mc_oliver
07-09-2005, 21:51
Originally posted by JuDGe
testigo po ako dyan.... your honors! ;f
Nakapanghinayang nga iputok sa match kasi ang kinis. ;f Kaya yung jericho na lang ni gundog hihiramin ko sa Sat. Pitik naman yung mga basyo ko na 9 eh. ;f;f

brawnless
07-09-2005, 22:14
Originally posted by jasonub


glocks fire out of battery. not sure if all glocks do though [/B][/QUOTE]

how is that? could you elaborate?

jasonub
07-10-2005, 02:16
try to pull the trigger of your glock with the slide slightly out of battery. if the striker falls then it will fire.

royal glockster
07-10-2005, 19:19
Originally posted by mc_oliver
Extractor, ejector, bananas, apols, fruits cocktail, pare-pareho lang yun. ;f;f

Eherm, majority ng basyo ko ngayon di na pitik! Bwehehehe!!!

;z

Seriously, though, si Col. Bayang pala palagi na raw na-ejector fire dati. His last build ng 40cal, 45 yung ejector na gamit niya. And lapad ng ejector, halos buong diam ng 40 shell. Kung magka ejector fire ka pa nyan malas ka na talaga. :)

That's the advise of col. bayang to change my ejector to .45 when i have my caliber .40 pistol parts for him to assemble last june 25. I insisted, however, to use the kings .38 super extended ejector which i already bought kasi sayang naman. He told me that .38 super ejector when used as .40 ejector is prone to cause accidental firing when it bends. So, far 300 rounds have been fired in my newly built .40 pistol ok naman and the ejector has no sign of deformation.