Noli the stockmarket mover [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Noli the stockmarket mover

antediluvianist
07-08-2005, 07:19
Hilarious. Purisima and 9 other cabinet secretaries go on TV this morning and call for GMA to resign.

BOOM! all the Lopez Group stocks zoom up. ABS-CBN goes from P10.50 a share to P12.75 a share in 3 hours - that's a 21.4% PROFIT in 3 hours. All on the expectation that GMA will go and Noli will become president, and then ABS-CBN, Noli's employer, will get "favors". The whole Lopez Group too.

Such is the stock market in the Philippines.

mikey177
07-08-2005, 18:32
Magandang gabi, bayad.

darwin25
07-08-2005, 20:35
The USD-PHP rate movement has been very interesting that my company has quoted very good rates abroad to scoop up as much remittance volumes as we can. We're expecting a very good spread from the remittance volume and fx income when we sell all those dollars come monday. And the Central Bank of Binondo is already taking matters into its own hands. So everybody watch out :)

Such is the irony of the remittance business. Its the only business that I know of that increases its profits while the economy gets weaker. Weaker economy produces more OFWs. More OFWs, more profits. That's why everybody is getting into it. Even pawnshops like Cebuana and M. Lhuiller are now cash pick-up centers. And more company who has branches all over the country wants it. Its success and huge profits is based merely in the weakening of the economy. Not that I want the economy to go down. It's just its the business I'm in. It's a very interesting time to be in a treasury function if your company has one. And believe me, It will serve your career well in the future. It's the juiciest spot right now.

antediluvianist
07-08-2005, 21:39
Yes Darwin, I gotta agree. A bank I am affiliated with set up a branch in Guam only for the purpose of getting those remittances. No other good reason for a branch in Guam. The remittances can pay for the branch.

antediluvianist
07-08-2005, 22:00
Noli urges GMA to heed Cory’s call

By DAVID CAGAHASTIAN

Vice President Noli de Castro yesterday urged President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo to heed the call of former President Corazon Aquino that she "make the supreme sacrifice" and step down to bring the country back to normalcy.

"I only wish to remind everyone that the exercise of our democratic rights must be made within the bounds of the Constitution and the rule of law," De Castro said.

*** Yes, of course he will say that, because under the Constitution he will become Pres. if GMA resigns, which he is now urging. What a snake. All that "I support the President" and now this. It's snake time!

bulm540
07-09-2005, 01:40
Hmmmm...I think the opposition does not want GMA to succeed. When we are starting to move the economy forward we take two steps back. Lets say, GMA cheated, can we not wait for due process. Another power grab will not help our beloved country. God help the Philippines. I am so tired of politicians grand posturing and think they can do no wrong. Go help the Philippines.

paltic
07-09-2005, 04:14
ayaw nila escudero,susan & binay kay noli
ayaw ni loren kay noli
ayaw ni abat kay noli
gusto ni tita cory si noli

which means.....sino????!!!! sino ang papalit kay Garci?? este Glori pala

;Q

bulm540
07-09-2005, 08:33
But he is the legitimate successor. The problem with us Filipinos, we always want the easy way out. Escudero- he just *****es all the time, he is the most eloquent *****er I have ever seen. He has given *****ing a new name. All they do is *****, *****, ***** but don't offer a solution. BInay- who helped install Cory and helped droved the Marcoses away was seen side by side with Imee, what the in hell the world is coming too.

9MX
07-09-2005, 08:45
Originally posted by bulm540
But he is the legitimate successor. The problem with us Filipinos, we always want the easy way out. Escudero- he just *****es all the time, he is the most eloquent *****er I have ever seen. He has given *****ing a new name. All they do is *****, *****, ***** but don't offer a solution. BInay- who helped install Cory and helped droved the Marcoses away was seen side by side with Imee, what the in hell the world is coming too.

legitimate successor - definitely, i shudder with the thought of a de castro presidency, but he got elected. i'm sick and tired of seeing people bastardizing the constitution.

escudero - i don't know if when he is lying but i think he is a brilliant guy, has outwitted a lot of the president's men without much effort.

binay/imee affair - i'm speechless

drilon - the biggest disappointment

of course, these are just my thoughts.

personally, i wish gma would resign. but it is well within the legal frame if she doesn't want to. and that is that.

bulm540
07-09-2005, 11:56
Escudero- what a waste of a beautiful mind. He can however eloquently Bi&*(h. He has given Bi^%&hing a new name. Let not the rule of the mob prevail but the rule of law. Pimentel- here is another one- I guess he has an axe to grind since he wasn't chosen to be the VP- what a joke.

bulm540
07-09-2005, 12:02
Originally posted by antediluvianist
Hilarious. Purisima and 9 other cabinet secretaries go on TV this morning and call for GMA to resign.

BOOM! all the Lopez Group stocks zoom up. ABS-CBN goes from P10.50 a share to P12.75 a share in 3 hours - that's a 21.4% PROFIT in 3 hours. All on the expectation that GMA will go and Noli will become president, and then ABS-CBN, Noli's employer, will get "favors". The whole Lopez Group too.

Such is the stock market in the Philippines.
And what about the minority that is making all these noise, don't you think they have done enough damage to the stock market.

antediluvianist
07-09-2005, 17:41
Originally posted by bulm540
And what about the minority that is making all these noise, don't you think they have done enough damage to the stock market.

Noli did not damage the stockmarket. Lopea Group stocks (Meralco, First Phil. Holdings, Benpres, ABS-CBN) went UP.