are JETHRO reloads safe for glock [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : are JETHRO reloads safe for glock

vic2_187
07-08-2005, 16:22
im curious? has anyone shot jethro reloads thru their glock 19? and is it safe? i used to have a sig 226 before and their reloads ran perfectly. im just curious if anyone has any bad experiences with jethro's(alabang) reloads and their glocks... thanks

Valor1
07-08-2005, 20:08
As long as you use an aftermarket barrel that is fully supported (like the barsto), i guess there is no problem with reloads specially lead heads. My experience with Jethro, Stronghand and Tue Weight are A-Ok. They use good components, good equipment and they have years of experience.

isuzu
07-09-2005, 21:47
Reloading boils down to three factors: 1) Components, 2) Equipment, 3) Human Factor.

No matter how famous the name of the gunstore if careful attention is not followed on these three factors, reloads are no good.

vega
07-12-2005, 08:45
I have a shooting buddy who uses Jethro reloads for his G30. He had 1 squibb before and he was doing double tap. The squib loads first and you know what happened on the second tap. Jethro paid half the cost to get a new barrel. I'm not saying Jethro reloads are bad, it could happen to any reloader. There are not many reloaders there in PR so you don't really have a choice unless you want to invest on a reloader.

vega

theTactician
07-15-2005, 05:13
i feel like..scared to try reloads...makes me have these second thoughts of using reloads for my G23. what do you think? in my HK USP 9, im fond of using reloads coz the HK really doesnt compromise.
With my Glock, i think i'll be using brand new ammo all the time. Though it would be very expensive.

9MX
07-15-2005, 08:53
Originally posted by theTactician
i feel like..scared to try reloads...makes me have these second thoughts of using reloads for my G23. what do you think? in my HK USP 9, im fond of using reloads coz the HK really doesnt compromise.
With my Glock, i think i'll be using brand new ammo all the time. Though it would be very expensive.

hi,

for reloads, gauging your ammo using your G23's barrel would certainly minimize the risk

vega
07-16-2005, 19:34
Originally posted by 9MX
hi,
for reloads, gauging your ammo using your G23's barrel would certainly minimize the risk
+1
Don't buy those after market gauge. Your barrel is the best guage.

vega