http://launchmodem/redirectBS.htm [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : http://launchmodem/redirectBS.htm

PicardMD
07-09-2005, 23:14
I'm wondering if someone can tell me what this means.

We switched to Bell South DSL recently, and now I'm getting the following message when I try to launch the internet explorer:

Redirect Server: Rapid Logic/1.1 MIME-version: 1.0 Connection: close Content-Type: text/html Location:http://launchmodem/redirectBS.htm

And nothing works, meaning I can't get anywhere on the web... the above message just keep coming up.

Now, after a few attempts, a modem message box opens with the following message:

WARNING!
Unable to resolve your redirection DNS entry
Please clear browser cache close and then reopen it to try again

After I click "OK" and close the browser, everything goes back to "normal," meaning I can go on the net again.

Can someone tell me what's going on? And how can I fix this?

Thanks,

P

Creeper1313
07-10-2005, 10:55
First, open a command prompt (Click the Start button, then click "Run..." then type cmd and hit OK) on the DOS-looking screen that comes up, type: ipconfig /flushdns . This will clear the cache. Now close any open Internet Explorer windows and see if that fixes it when you reopen IE.

PicardMD
07-15-2005, 17:13
Yes, doing the ipconfig solves the problem... for a few days. And it recurs after a few days. Do I have some spyware/worm/virus sitting in my computer? Some one told me that it has to do with the Bell South DSL program. What does that mean?

Thanks

P

Glock Bob
07-18-2005, 09:14
It most likely recurs when your IP lease is up. A new IP addy is leased and the error happens all over again. To see your lease time:

Start command prompt (Start > Run > "cmd" > OK)
Type ipconfig /all
Press enter

Look for "Lease Obtained", which tells you when your lease was renewed and below that when it will expire. Mine runs for a couple of days.

ACMaverick
06-30-2006, 09:56
This problem also occurs if you are on DSL and have installed a Brother printer.

Also, do you have any Fax Software running on the computer. There are 3rd party programs that allow you to send and receive faxes on your desktop.

The Brother printer also has its own PC Fax software which can conflict with other software trying to access a modem.

pyblood
06-30-2006, 10:51
I have Bellsouth DSL also and I occasionally get that same message. I just close all of my browser windows and that usually fixes it. Have you tied unplugging your modem and replugging it after 30 seconds or so?

gwalchmai
07-01-2006, 05:52
I never see this, but I have DSL Extreme with a static IP address, so I agree it may be due to the lease.

I lost a little faith in Bellsouth yesterday when I went up through three levels of escalation without finding a tech who had ever heard of SMTP AUTH and port 587. Apparently if you're not on BS's network you can't relay mail through their server, even with an account. The web mail is the only option if you're at a WiFi cafe or something. Earthlink, OTOH, supports SMTP AUTH very well.