Please reccomend a PC game for me [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Please reccomend a PC game for me

Viper_Audio
07-10-2005, 12:16
I somehow became addicted to Max Payne & Max Payne 2, I like the 1st shooter senario with the real life graphics.

Since there is no Max Payne 3 coming out soon, can anyone suggest a similar game to tide me over?

I have an Intel Pentium 2.8 Mhz and quite a video card, so hardware is not an issue.

funbob
07-10-2005, 18:33
If you're a fan of Max Payne then Hitman: Contracts and Thief: Deadly Shadows would be 2 that you would probably enjoy. Grab the demos at 3dgamers.com and give them a shot. Though you might want to do something about that 2.8 mhz computer ;f .

tgtshuter
07-12-2005, 21:47
I'd also recommend Far Cry. It's a "resource hog", but there's demo available, and you'd be able to see how it runs without having to buy it. You can also turn down the settings and still have an awesome looking game.
The single player is great. Forget multiplayer for this one, IMO.

It's different from Max Payne, in the sense you are on an beautiful island vs. gritty city life environment.
Total gas to play, very well made FPS game.

Altaris
07-16-2005, 10:47
I loved Farcry. Great graphics and gameplay. Nice mix of sneaking around and full blown assults on bases.

Farcry with settings up high is a nice test for your system too. Ran fine on mine though ;f ;f

funbob
07-16-2005, 11:05
+1 for Farcy. It looks mazing and on the realistic difficulty level, the AI will spank you every time. The voice acting is so cheesy that it's good and actually fits pretty well with the atmosphere of the game. I also enjoy multiplayer. It's really no different than any other shooter in that it's mainly a twitch fest but the expansive levels and choice sniping perches help balance that out somewhat. A lot of times a server will have almost 2 seperate games going. The group that bunny hops and circle strafes all day and another group that prefers stalking and ranged combat.

waktasz
07-18-2005, 22:32
I wanted to kill myself after playing theif...I'd rather turn the lights off in my house and go looking for the cat.

Altaris
07-19-2005, 20:25
Originally posted by waktasz
I wanted to kill myself after playing theif...I'd rather turn the lights off in my house and go looking for the cat.

The funny part is that I felt the same way after playing that game too ;f