Any Treadmill Queens Here? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any Treadmill Queens Here?

kestrou
07-14-2005, 07:37
Was just getting ready to head out on a 10-miler last night, when heavy rain started. Ended up running 10 miles on the treadmill in the basement.

Damn, I hate running on the treadmill... :(

kestrou

garythenuke
07-14-2005, 09:43
I have a treadmill. In fact my wife is on it right now. The nice thing is that she can use it every morning rain or shine at any time and not have to worry about the kids. If she had to go outside, she could only run when I was at home.
All that being said, we have it right in front of the TV. Otherwise it wold be so mind numbingly boring that we would never go on it. I have used it in the past to toughen my feet. I got up to six miles barefoot. That does wonders for the connective tissues and the small muscles and the skin of the feet. I rearely go over 5k (treadmill or road) at any one time now though.

SouthernGal
07-14-2005, 12:05
My parents had one when I was in college and I loved that thing. They sold it after I married.

I'm looking into buying one now for my expandable area upstairs. It was almost 90 last night at 8:00 and it's too blazing hot to be outside running unless it is the crack of dawn.

Ragsbo
08-11-2005, 03:13
I run on mine 2-3 times a week. I really don't have a safe place to run outside and the weather is a problem more times than it is not. I have it set up in front of a tv/vcr/dvd/satellite so I have something to stare at besides a wall plus I have a CD player and special CD's made up just for running.

RugerFan58
08-11-2005, 14:57
Don't get enough time to do it. It's MY time when I'm on my treadmill. Put the headphones on and get lost for an hour or so. Keeps my blood pressure and waistline in check. If I ran on mine I'd probably take out a floor joist or two. I've got to shed a few pounds. ;Y

jthuang
08-11-2005, 15:14
#wav (dunno about the "queen" part) ;f

I am not a morning person. I have to work out after work. I get out of work (on a decent day) at 6:30 or 7 pm. By the time I'm done eating dinner (I cannot lift weights when I'm hungry) it's 8pm. So I'm hitting the gym around 8:15-8:30pm.

Gotta hit the treadmill unless I want to be running through the running trails at around 9:30pm or 10pm at night. So I run on treadmills during the week, after lifting weights. I don't like it very much b/c it's boring (I use a mp3 player to keep me busy) but otherwise I would not run during the week.

On weekends I'll hit the running trail, which is a 20 min walk from my condo. I use a Fuel Belt (http://www.fuelbelt.com) for hydration on the trail.