Roush V-6 Mustang? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Roush V-6 Mustang?

shadow_dog
07-14-2005, 18:45
A friend just bought an 05 Mustang. He claims it is a Roush V-6 model. Tuned by Roush with suspension and fuel upgrades. He likes to BS people sometimes, got me curious. Is there such a critter?

Ron3
07-14-2005, 19:23
I don't know.

I could see an appearance package and suspension tuning.

But fuel system upgrades? I'm sure it gets plenty of fuel as designed ;b

Ron3

ATI_RAGE_
07-14-2005, 23:57
Yes their is I knew a guy with a 2000 model v6 Roush... which kinda defeats the purpose you want power.

keltic
07-15-2005, 02:13
my buddy has a 02 rousch v6. it has a nice body kit and sidepipes but is a complete waste of $$.bought it new and tried to get rid of it in 03 and would of had to swallow 6000. no resale at all;I

shadow_dog
07-15-2005, 02:34
Forgot to put in the original post. There is no body/exterior upgrades at all, just a plain no spoiler car. He said the only place that there was the Roush name was on the rear windows, there were little stickers that he pulled off he said. I have looked at it and there is no Roush name anywhere. Also, it is a single exhaust, I didn't look under it but he said it was dual cats going down to the stock muffler and single exhaust. Suppossedly this is a 295 hp car. The whole thing just seems "funny" to me. I and another guy are just trying to see if he is BSing everybody about a plain jane Mustang maybe.

fnfalman
07-15-2005, 08:28
Wow, just the other day I saw a V-6 mustang clapped out with body kit and a big ROUSH on the windshield and I was laughing silently. Now I am finding out that it may have been the real deal? That there actually is a Roush V6 'Stang? ;P The things that you learn everyday.

Ron3
07-15-2005, 16:40
Originally posted by shadow_dog
...There is no body/exterior upgrades at all... He said the only place that there was the Roush name was on the rear windows, there were little stickers... it is a single exhaust, I didn't look under it but he said it was dual cats going down to the stock muffler and single exhaust. Suppossedly this is a 295 hp car.

He's full of it.

It's just a base model Mustang.

Ron3

Asha'man
07-16-2005, 03:08
There is a Roush V6, which is nothing more than a near-stocker with the bodykit and maybe some suspension stuff, but it sounds like your friend is FOS. He has a stock car and is trying to pass it off as something different. I hate people like that.

Brian

streeter69
07-16-2005, 06:13
Originally posted by Asha'man
There is a Roush V6, which is nothing more than a near-stocker with the bodykit and maybe some suspension stuff, but it sounds like your friend is FOS. He has a stock car and is trying to pass it off as something different. I hate people like that.

Brian

Yep.

http://www.roushperf.com/

Check out under vehicles, mustang sport, it is just a body package. The dood is hosing you;P