What are ARMSCOR BUDDY's? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What are ARMSCOR BUDDY's?

miko_a
07-15-2005, 06:33
sirs,

Any idea what the difference is between the normal armscor and armscor buddy? in .45cal

jasonub
07-15-2005, 06:36
armscor buddy are those that did not pass quality control standards. they have casting bubbles on them. saw one on the gunshow with a small casting bubble on the frame

it was a 2 toned model and i saw it in the opposite side of the mag release button.

its ok to get a buddy if you dont shoot too much. 10-20t rounds a year

tukayo
07-17-2005, 09:02
Does this have an effect on the guns performance? I bought one at Megamall, a midsized .45 buddy.

isuzu
07-17-2005, 14:03
I would worry if the casting bubbles are on the slide since the slide is the one who cycles when the gun fires, and absorbs most of the impact. They might weaken the integrity of the slide. I wouldn't worry much if the casting bubbles are on the frame, as long as they are not on the slide rails.

Just change to extra-power recoil springs that would match your load as a safety measure.

lazyjohn
07-17-2005, 15:46
Originally posted by jasonub
armscor buddy are those that did not pass quality control standards. Kinda the same quality that Glock exports to the Philippines?

New_comer
07-17-2005, 18:43
Originally posted by tukayo
Does this have an effect on the guns performance? I bought one at Megamall, a midsized .45 buddy. The highest stress areas on the slide is right up front, the portion that restricts the recoil spring where the barrel goes through; the breechface where the topside of the barrel collides, and up top where slide mates with the barrel hood. If you have visual deformities in those areas, particularly around the periphery of the mating surfaces, then the slide is no good.

The grooves where the frame slides in barely bears any shock force, just friction and a certain fraction of the slide's weight at rest and at recoil. It could be peppered with craters with nary a change in function and safety of the gun. A little oil here and there would be enough to make the gun run properly.

Unless Mr. Murphy has other things in mind... ;) :cool:

Kiddo
07-17-2005, 19:50
Originally posted by lazyjohn
Kinda the same quality that Glock exports to the Philippines?

Are you saying that Glocks exported to the Philippines did not pass quality control standards?

lazyjohn
07-17-2005, 20:00
Originally posted by Kiddo
Are you saying that Glocks exported to the Philippines did not pass quality control standards? Let me rephrase it: Do you think Glock exports the same pistols to the U.S.A. and the Philippines? Do Mercedes, BMW, etc, export the same vehicles to the U.S.A. and the Philippines? I have seen both fit and finish of the automobiles exported to the U.S.A. and the Philippines, and my answer is NO, they do not export the same vehicles. Why so many breech face failures of the Glocks there? You draw your own conclusions. YMMV.

jasonub
07-17-2005, 20:15
Originally posted by lazyjohn

bingo

riddler
07-17-2005, 20:22
With the legal climate here in the US where everybody wants to sue anyone with money at the slightest inconvenience, what lazyjohn suggest is highly plausible.

bokbok_05
07-17-2005, 20:24

QUOTE]I have seen both fit and finish of the automobiles exported to the U.S.A. and the Philippines, and my answer is NO, they do not export the same vehicles.[/QUOTE]

tsk tsk tsk.......bakit kaya ganun???~sd

isuzu
07-17-2005, 22:37
Why so many breech face failures of the Glocks there? You draw your own conclusions. YMMV. [/B][/QUOTE]

From what I heard, Springfield XD pistols have a thicker and stronger breechface than Glocks. That's one of their selling points. The other one is price and trigger pull. Another advantage is that XD pistols were finally allowed in production division by IPSC.

Scary if this is the case. Glock has been publishing in their write ups time and time again that their pistols have fired tens of thousands of rounds without any malfunctions, but this is not the case after all. I wonder how many guns have they silently repaired/replaced especially in the US.

In the Philippines, the 1911 is probably the easiest gun to maintain. Just like a Toyota. ;)