heavy duty slide stop [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : heavy duty slide stop

royal glockster
07-15-2005, 09:47
hi guys! :) am looking for a durable heavy duty slide stop. After firing my newly built .40 pistol for about 300 rounds, the slide stop bends a little bit, though the pistol still functions. I used a local one, SAM but i wonder why because i have 2 sam .45 pistols and have already eaten thousands of rounds but showed no sign of deformation. Is it not because of the heavy battering of the slide kasi long dust and the pressure of .40 caliber? I canvassed premium brands thru telephones and found out the following:

1. kings extended stainless php 1,900.00 truweight
2. caspian standard stainless 2,300.00 mdsa
3. ed brown standard stainless 2,600.00 twin pines
4. cmc standard stainless 2,300.00 mdsa
5. ed brown standard hardcore 3,230.00 pbdionisio

can you give some advice as to which brand should i pick? considering of course the price without compromising durability. Thanks....:cool:

Valor1
07-15-2005, 10:11
Ed Brown Hardcore slide stop is highly recommended. You may never buy another one again. In case, you break, you've probably shot more than 15,000 rounds. It may be expenive but worth it. If you can buy only once to be used for a number of years, it is still cheap.

i_am_infinity
07-15-2005, 10:30
either caspian or hardcore EB.

Eye Cutter
07-15-2005, 18:19
don't compromise sa slide stop. get the EB hardcore

jasonub
07-15-2005, 19:15
svi or egw only for me

Eye Cutter
07-15-2005, 23:32
meron ba egw dito sa pinas? wala ako nakikita e that's why i recommended the Ed Brown hard core.

i also use egw slide stops in my 1911's

jasonub
07-16-2005, 00:21
dont know if there are egw slide stops here but i can get one if i wanted one;)

i also saw that there was an egw fp stop at jetro for 800. i got mine for the same price sa usa pa;g

the only difference between my fp stop and the one in jetro is that mine is color black and at jetro its white but seems to rust;Q

dont use egw or svi if your barrel is soft since the feet will dent as per MCO. then again it may be a timing issue

royal glockster
07-16-2005, 08:27
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
don't compromise sa slide stop. get the EB hardcore

Thanks for your advice guys! :) I went to the gunshow this morning and found out the following "gunshow" prices:

1. wilson combat stainless from 2,100.00 to 2,050.00 truweight
2. ed brown stainless from 2,600.00 to 2,340.00 twin pines
3. pascual hardchrome finish (gawa daw nya?) 1,350.00
4. ed brown stainless hardcore from 3,230.00 to 2,580.00 pbdionisio

Finally, I decided to buy the ed brown hard core. The finish is very very good and very smooth. Thanks EC for the advice. When i arrived home, i tried to fit it first in my single stack .45. It fits perfectly, drop-in talaga! TRied to fit it in my double stack .40. I have a problem! the old bended slide stop can no longer be extracted. It's stucked! I want to force it by using a hard object to push it through but i feared the hard chrome (dull finish) of the frame might get scratched. I guess i have to bring back my pistol to col. bayang for fitting of that part.

jason, much as i want to have that egw or svi but i suppose that's too much for me. Masyadong high-end na yata. Anyway, thanks! :cool::)

9MX
07-16-2005, 08:48
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
meron ba egw dito sa pinas?

t-shirt alam ko meron ;f

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/9MX/BOGS/ecpb.jpg

mc_oliver
07-17-2005, 19:19
Your slide stop pin bent? Ano'ng barrel gamit mo?

jasonub
07-17-2005, 20:26
Originally posted by mc_oliver

sama ng fitting ng barrel mo. try metrillo

isuzu
07-17-2005, 22:24
Wilson Combat is also good. Try getting the Bullet Proof slide stop.

royal glockster
07-21-2005, 02:33

Opo! Just using armscor barrel but naka cut sya ala scheumann barrel (build up and rounded ang ilalim) so that by the time my budget permits to buy that premium barrel, naka ready na raw ang aking frame for that kind of fitting according to col. bayang.

The feeding, ejection, accuracy are all ok naman. Jason, i'm worried with what you said that there must be something wrong with barrel fitting. Sayang naman ang effort ko and of course the expenses to build that gun, matagal tagal ko ring pinag ipunan yun. ;g

mc_oliver
07-21-2005, 02:46
Ah, baka naka tigweld yung lower lugs para hard fit yung barrel. Titigas nga yan which is unfortunate for your SAM slide stop pin. Palit ka na lang ng slidestop, matagal yan bago lumuwang. Btw, nasaan yung luma mong armscor na slide stop?

Sa akin baliktad, yung barrel lug ang nag peen sa tigas ng slide stop. Pero wala pa ring kalog until now. Yung utak ng shooter ang nakakalog. ;f

Magkano inabot yung barrel sleeving, IYDMMA? Pede ka post ng pics? Thanks.

royal glockster
07-21-2005, 03:13
Yes, naka tigweld nga. Oh i see, perhaps that could be the reason why the slide stop bent. I bought the parts one-by-one, kaya hayan sa katitipid! whew! i learned my lesson. Anyway, most of its parts are premium parts; kings ejector, sti titanium firing pin, sti square hammer, wilson sear, ed brown extractor, ed brown competition type ambi, ed brown rebuild kit. Much as i want to post the pics but i dont have a digicam and honestly, i dont know how to do it. Total cost of gun assembly including hardchroming, Php16,500.00 lang po.

Naka bili na nga pala ako ng slide stop ed brown hard core stainless at Pb dionisio, 2,580.00 gunshow price (orig. price is 3,230.00).

mc_oliver
07-21-2005, 03:32
Punta ka armscor sa Sun, putok mo yan sa clubshoot. ;)

I've learned my lesson about SAM's small parts. I tried their firing pin stop once, nabiyak sa tatlong araw na dry fire pa lang. Yung sear spring naman nila mas mahal pa sa Ed Brown. Yung ejector, kahit kuko ko nadi-dimple. ;Q

One of these days, subukan ko yung slide nila. ;f

Eye Cutter
07-21-2005, 04:34
one of the best sellers daw sa gunshow ay yung SAM 1911 pistols.

Ang PB naka benta raw ng 300 units firearms. halo-halo na yun fro pistol to rifles, etc.

deenoh, ilan nabenta mo glock??? yung komisyon ko ha?!

mikol
07-21-2005, 04:47
Punta ka armscor sa Sun, putok mo yan sa clubshoot. ;)

I've learned my lesson about SAM's small parts. I tried their firing pin stop once, nabiyak sa tatlong araw na dry fire pa lang. Yung sear spring naman nila mas mahal pa sa Ed Brown. Yung ejector, kahit kuko ko nadi-dimple. ;Q

One of these days, subukan ko yung slide nila. ;f
naku patay..!!! ibig bang sabihin nito ay, pag-uwi ko ni hindi manlang siguro ako maka-kaubos ng 200 rounds at mag-sikalasan na baril ko? ;g ;1 ;T

isuzu
07-21-2005, 18:38
I've learned my lesson about SAM's small parts. I tried their firing pin stop once, nabiyak sa tatlong araw na dry fire pa lang.
-------------------------------

When I was still living in the Philippines, my Norinco's firing pin stop broke, and the gun stores in our place didn't have one. My gunsmith built me a firing pin stop for P200.00 made from guess what? Leaf Spring of an Isuzu truck that I got from our scraps.

Didn't break. ;f

SAM slides and frames are okay, just don't rely on the internals. The metal that they use on the internals is quite soft.

vega
07-21-2005, 18:49
Originally posted by isuzu
SAM slides and frames are okay, just don't rely on the internals. The metal that they use on the internals is quite soft.
There was a comment from one of my buddies who have one. Yung firing pin parang alambre daw sa lambot.

vega

isuzu
07-21-2005, 23:53
Originally posted by vega
There was a comment from one of my buddies who have one. Yung firing pin parang alambre daw sa lambot.

vega

Correct! My gunsmith (who hails from Danao, Cebu - very resourceful and very honest!) heat treats SAM parts, but he suggests replacement of SAM parts when US-made parts are available.