Is it LEGAL to have night sights shipped to Manila? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is it LEGAL to have night sights shipped to Manila?

AllanRR
07-15-2005, 21:40
Hello BoG,
I'm planning on ordering Meprolight Night Sights from http://www.glockmeister.com/ and I was wondering if it was legal to have them shipped from the USA to here, Manila? How about the stainless or tungsten guide rod with spring? Can that be shipped to Manila legally too? Thanks.

Allan

isuzu
07-17-2005, 13:48
As far as I know, night sights and other parts are okay as long as you have the proper permit(s). Aside from the TSA who x-rays checked-in and hand-carried luggage, US Customs now x-rays outgoing cargo as part of their policy change after 9/11. That is how an individual about two years ago got caught by US Customs when he tried to ship several balikbayan boxes of 1911 magazines which he little by little purchased over a period of time from different sources, presumably to prevent detection by BATF (it is also the duty of gun dealers report an individual when he or she buys commercial quantities or unreasonable quantities of gun parts/accessories - they're not there just for the money but to also protect their sport and industry).

Buy it locally if you can't secure an import permit.:cool:

lazyjohn
07-17-2005, 15:20
You can ask Ilocano, he knows.

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=371906

vega
07-18-2005, 09:44
Glockmeister can ship that to you but you might have problem receiving it. Sometimes it doesn't pay to save some money. Suportahan mo na lang yung mga local gun store dyan.

My 0.02

vega

mikol
07-18-2005, 10:49
Originally posted by vega
Glockmeister can ship that to you but you might have problem receiving it. Sometimes it doesn't pay to save some money. Suportahan mo na lang yung mga local gun store dyan.

My 0.02

vega
+1
it's better to have a sure buy back there in the P.I. rather than trying to import something which only cost 15-20% lesser, but your not sure if you'll get it or it will be screened/confiscated in the philpost. ;Q ;)