Advise needed - help pls [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Advise needed - help pls

nels0n
07-15-2005, 21:53
BOG gurus. I have been searching for the longest time for a pinoy forum re guns and now i guess my search is finally over.

Hi I have a P14.45 stock as in "out of the box". nagtatampo na nga kasi ilang taon na syang hindi man lang binihisan. i purchased this when ping was still pnp chief. the primary use of this gun is for home defense and some plinking for now. perhaps when the time comes, i'd go into competitive shooting as well. i've shot less than 200 rounds with it ever since i bought it. i would want some modifications done with the help and recommendations of the gurus here. I'll be going to the gun show this sunday and was thinking of buying the following parts.
1) full length guide rod - brand? 1-piece or 2-piece?
2) Mainspring Housing - i would like to change the stock arched MSH to a flat one w/checkering to somehow thin the grip. recommendations pls.
3) magwell - ayoko sana yung parang malaking magwell e.
4) front sights - would love to have the fiber optic ones. anong brand po ba pwede? as for my rear sight, siguro bomar sight na pero what are my other options???
5) trigger - STI trigger is what i have in mind kaso i looked it up sa brownells and learned that discontinued na production ng STI trigger for para double stacks. tawag naman ako sa true weight meron naman daw. what are other choices if ever na wala nga?
6) beavertail - ed brown, i have this na but not yet installed
7) barrel bushing - what brands pls.
8) tune up - what needs to be done? i haven't had any problems so far. kaso 200 rounds pa lang e. just want to have a gun that is reliable and "pogi". :)
9) gunsmith - who would you recommend for the installation of the parts and tune-up na magaling and reasonable ang price. i'm thinking of having my grip thinned also as what i have read in one of the threads here. btw, is this recommended? hindi ba prone to cracks?

as for the other parts, sabi nyo antay na lang na may masira. sensya na po for the lengthy post and for the questions that appear ridiculous. newbie lang. ;)

Eye Cutter
07-16-2005, 00:25
1) full length guide rod - brand? 1-piece or 2-piece?

1 piece para di lumuluwag

2) Mainspring Housing - i would like to change the stock arched MSH to a flat one w/checkering to somehow thin the grip. recommendations pls.

3) magwell - ayoko sana yung parang malaking magwell e.

get the integrated msh and magwell by Smith and Alexander (S&A), but this needs frame modification. Putulan yung grip about 1/8 in. Mahal din, 6k na yata.

you can also look for a drop in Eb Brown MSH and magwell. haven't seen one in local stores for a long time.

you can have your smith make one for you

4) rear sights, bomar lang, wala ng iba.

wala yatang imported fo sights available here like the dawson, brazos, caspian or egw. pagawa ka nalang sa smith mo.

5) trigger - Wilson, Videcki, Dlask, King's. Maganda nga STI kasi titanium ang bow. very light, faster reset.

6) beavertail - ed brown

7) barrel bushing - get an oversized bushing from EGW, Ed Brown, or Wilson and have it fit by your smith.

8) tune up -

reliablility: check extractor tension, reshape ejector profile, lower the ejection port, trigger job, polish the breechface and inside of the slide, polish barrel ramp, tune and polish all magazines.

pogi points: flatten slide top, front serrations. change grips, hard chrome, black chrome. engravings, etc. your choice, it's a personal thing.

9) gunsmith -

why? do you have very small hands? is the grip squared and blocky? if you can't grip it properly, you need to reshape the grip to a rounder profile with checkering.

sayang yung grips. palit tayo kung panipisan mo!

some of the better known shops:

QC: PB Dionisio, First Option, Aimpoint

Pasig: Starfire, Jun Tuason

Col. Johnny Bayang sa Fort Boni

Metrillo and WSC sa Paranaque

jasonub
07-16-2005, 00:29
1) full length guide rod - brand? local will do but why change if it works?
2) Mainspring Housing - i dont know if you can machine it so it will be flat. if not any msh will do even local ones. its not critical.
3) magwell - custom made magwells are a lot cheaper, but i got a s and A before that requires you to cut the frame.

4) front sights - gunsmith can make you one. just get the small fiber 1 mm diameter or .040" size. width of front sight should be .090-.1" as for rear for me bomar no one else

5) trigger - gunsmith can do an aluminum trigger with your design and length
6) beavertail - ed brown, ditto no need to disable the grip safety
7) barrel bushing - why is the sucker inaccurate? If not dont touch it. if so wilson

8) tune up - what needs to be done? i haven't had any problems so far. if it does not puke dont. Benny hill, bob londrigan, george smith, etc always seem to say if it aint broke dont fix it

9) gunsmith - metrillo do a search and you will find his number. if your near makati paranaque area.

good luck.

nels0n
07-16-2005, 22:44
as per eye cutter and jasonub's recommendations here's what i have decided on:

1) one-piece FLGR. the stock p-14 does not have one, so i think this is a must have. will check the local ones
2) integrated MSH and magwell. local ulit mahal S&A
4) bomar rear sights. front fo sights - custom-made.
5) type ko talaga STI e.
7) bushing - won't touch muna
8) tune up - i guess i need to fire a lot more muna. pogi points? definitely
9) sayang nga ung grip. hehe I'm leaning towards Metrillo since i've read good reviews from him and PB Dionisio coz it's nearer for me.

thanks for the inputs!! you guys are a lot of help.

Eye Cutter
07-17-2005, 08:37
add a mag well and +2 base pads and you're ready to rock

nels0n
07-17-2005, 17:47
Sir Eye Cutter, where can you buy a +2 base pad? how much? i bought another mecgar mag and an ap pascual base pad yeasterday. i understand +1 lang yon diba.

Eye Cutter
07-17-2005, 17:56
you need to trim the follower and/or mag spring to get the extra round in.

paturo ka kay mc_oliver. siya mcolikot king dito sa BoG ;f

Eye Cutter
07-17-2005, 17:59
i think tony pascual makes a drop in magwell for the para-ord. aluminum magwell and extra length msh pin. you don't have to modify the grip panels. when you have a magwell fitted, you need to bring your mags and basepads also for fitting to the magwell.

nels0n
07-17-2005, 18:52
thanks for the tip once again eye cutter. their magwell, is it good? i've read bad reviews about them except for their al base pads.

mc_oliver
07-17-2005, 19:05
My opinion has been formed after spending an undecent amount of custom mods on my gun, trying everything I can in every possible combination I can think of.

My advice is: buy more ammo and hold off on the custom job. Takes a lot of will power to heed this. But, hopefully, you have more of it than I do. ;f

Once your round count hits in the thousands, you're gun mismo will tell you what needs to be done.

...Or it won't and would just shoot every ammo you feed it. ;)

nels0n
07-17-2005, 19:33
sir mc_oliver, i know exactly what you mean. have.... to......control....myself... good thing na rin wala pang funds for a custom job. :(

i'll keep ur advise in mind. thanks

bertud ng putik
07-17-2005, 19:40
mine is a norinco 1911, ganyan din advice nila eye cutter and mc oliver sa akin. buy lots of ammo and shoot it. dahil bago din itong norinco ko. lalo na yang sa iyo, para ord pa! kahit di mo bihisan, sa pangalan pa lang ng gun mo. saludo na ako!:)

nels0n
07-17-2005, 20:35
you know what? bro tama nga sila....kung papapogi ko muna yung baril ko tapos hindi naman ako tumatama, parang nakakahiya naman ata yon diba? plaktis muna siguro. musta project mo?? i've read your posts. gandang base gun yan. :)

bertud ng putik
07-17-2005, 21:06
Originally posted by nels0n
you know what? bro tama nga sila....kung papapogi ko muna yung baril ko tapos hindi naman ako tumatama, parang nakakahiya naman ata yon diba? plaktis muna siguro. musta project mo?? i've read your posts. gandang base gun yan. :)

di ko muna gagalawin norinco ko, kasi dati balak ko ipa hard chrome, tsaka na lang. enhanced factory special itong norinco ko. ika nga bihis na din. flat top slide na sya, combat hammer and trigger na din. 100 rnds. pa lang naiputok ko eh.

every month nililinis ko din, wala pa akong nakikitang rust sa kanya. at sariwa pa ang blued finish nya. wala pang gasgas. pati tune up di ko muna pagagalaw, kasi so far wala naman siyang palpak pag pinuputok ko. taga saan ka?

nels0n
07-18-2005, 02:00
manila bro. ok na pala blaster mo e. mine's wala pang bihis whatsoever. although i bought some parts na like ed brown ambi safety (installed diy), ed brown bevertail, and bomar rear sights. my problem is this, last time i went shooting, my shots were leaning to the left, my shooting buddies tried it also ganun din. i want to have good sights na before i return to the range, so dovetail cut sa rear (bomar) and front (fiber optic) so for sure magagasgasan na ung slide (tama ba?) e my plan is to have a flatten slide top, so dapat ba isabay ko na rin yon? or pwede naman na hindi muna basta i won't be charge for the fitting of the sights if ever magpaflatten na ko ng slide top. baka kasi mag doble gastos ako. tapos reblue or hard chrome na ng slide? or make do na lang muna with my fixed sights? what do u guys suggest ;Q

jasonub
07-18-2005, 06:04
since you have already bought the bomar have it installed. or you can drift punch your rear sight to the right.

watch my 9 mm open when it comes out. ill just install the scope and comp no other pa pogi (hardchrome, etc. as long as the gun goes bang and is accurate. im happy with it.

then again iba ang poging baril;f

Eye Cutter
07-18-2005, 09:28
isabay mo ang installation ng front and rear sights, milling ng slide top to flatten kasi major work and refinish yun.

pag nag pa flat ka ng top, wag mo palagyan ng serration, kinakapitan lang ng libag. smooth lang palagay mo.

basically yun lang kelangan mo gawin.

shoot more, di baling gusgusin ang baril basta tumatama!

nels0n
07-18-2005, 20:10
Thanks for all of the advice. they were really helpful :)