How come going back one page on some sites sends me to the top? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How come going back one page on some sites sends me to the top?

UCF-Tacoma
07-16-2005, 08:26
http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/e38/

At the message board at that website, it always puts me back to the top of the page when I go back one when I was reading threads down the page. Other websites will return you to where on the site you were viewing.
Is this caused by the site and there is nothing I can do or is there a setting I can change on this? I'm using windows XP and Firefox 1.0.4

Dandapani
07-16-2005, 08:45
I can duplicate that using Linux and FireFox. Interesting. I wondered that myself.

One thing you can try is using the middle mouse button to open a new tab on the thread you want to read, leaving the original tab open at the place you middle-clicked. When done reading the thread on the new tab, click the red x on the tab bar and the new tab will disappear leaving the original page where you left it.

UCF-Tacoma
07-16-2005, 10:30
I do regularly use the tabs but I never thought about doing it constantly to avoid this. I guess that's the easiest way to solve it. Thanks for the reply