Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question

DEJ/FL
07-16-2005, 12:40
My desktop is running Windows XP home edition and I have 4 users. When two of the users logon it slows way down. I checked the task manager and it's showing "TGCMD.EXE" using 90+% of the computer resorces. The other users don't have this trouble.
Anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks in advance! :)

Dan:cool:

pyblood
07-16-2005, 14:27
From what I see on several websites, they say that itís spyware. I would download AdAware, Spybot, and Microsoft Antispyware. Update them and run them.

07-17-2005, 10:41
Here is the text:

Spyware - TGCMD.EXE

TGCMD.EXE is spyware originally created by Tioga/Support.com. If you're an @Home subscriber, this was probably installed with your Comcast @home software. If you own a Sony Vaio system, it was probably factory installed along with the Sony Support software.

This program collects data on the programs that you use and websites you browse. It is unclear if anything is being done with the data. This program and the companion file TGKILL.EXE can be safely uninstalled from the Start menu > Settings > Control Panel > Add/remove programs. Remove either "Comcast Support Software" or "Sony Vaio Support" depending upon which appears.

This program may also appear with the following switches depending upon how it was installed: /server /nosystray /deaf /startupmonitor

Download the anti spyware tools mentoned and see if that removes it.

Andy

DEJ/FL
07-17-2005, 11:11
Andy
Thanks, I give it try!

Dan

DEJ/FL
07-17-2005, 14:23
I just finished running Ad-aware, SpyBot, Registry Mechinac and Microsoft Spyware and I think it's GONE!
Thanks again!;)

Dan:cool: