Camcorder to Computer DVD burner [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Camcorder to Computer DVD burner

clemtiger00
07-16-2005, 16:33
I just purchased a new JVC digital camcorder, that has a firewire port on it. I would like to take the video of the camera and record it to a DVD burner on the computer, I obviously need a firewire card, and some type of software. I just don't know what software. I found this firewire card with some software on newegg.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16815158009
Would this be all I need to take the video from the camera, and then burn it on DVD?

fastvfr
07-16-2005, 19:02
For buffering, editing and encoding purposes most formats will want the image to be stored on the local hard drive, then setup and burned from that location.

That's the best way to do it when you want to make multiple copies while keeping 'coasters' to a minimum.

Isn't there anything suggested in the Owner's Manual? Most diggie cameras include a CD with drivers and photo software; maybe that's what you need or maybe it'll work as is. Can't hurt to try.

Good luck!

clemtiger00
07-16-2005, 19:05
I will try it, I just don't have a firewire port yet, and I am going to be upgrading my motherboard, so I will have USB 2.0, and SATA support, and adding a DVD-R, so it will be later next week. I just wanted to make sure I buy everything I need first. I will let you know how it comes out.