send message over WiFi? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : send message over WiFi?

Teal'c
07-17-2005, 18:27
Does anyone know of a way to broadcast a message over WiFi? There are several unsecured networks in my neighborhood and I thought I would warn them of the dangers. I've actually been able to access their shared drives and I have identified two of them. I thought that a message popping up on their screen would be more effective then walking up and telling them how careless (read ... stupid) they are.

ronin_asano
07-18-2005, 18:02
identify a machine on the target network and use the net send command.

Sgt. Schultz
07-18-2005, 18:46
That will work ... as long as the messenger service is running on both/all of the computers.

ronin_asano
07-18-2005, 19:10
Originally posted by Sgt. Schultz
That will work ... as long as the messenger service is running on both/all of the computers.

exactly. i figure anyone non-technical enough to leave their network open has no idea what the messenger service is, and will surely have it running, since it's on by default. unless xp sp2 turns it off?

hodgdonhead
07-18-2005, 22:39
You could always borrow my ESG from work and effectively jam which ever channel their APs are using. =)

srhoades
07-18-2005, 23:05
It they are sharing any printers just print out a friendly warning.

allanc
07-19-2005, 04:44
I can walk out into my front yard and find two unsecured networks. I see them as very important to MY network security. I figure that no one will bother with my network when they have unsecured networks to play with. ;)

Wulfenite
07-19-2005, 11:51
Ah, the charging bear defense.

I dont have to run fast I just have to run faster than you.