140mm mag rule [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 140mm mag rule

jasonub
07-18-2005, 20:26
Wala akong alam sa open pero what is exactly ipsc rules regarding mags sa open.

I have 4 mecgars that are of normal size. 124mm. Does this mean i can put a rather large basepad?

what is the oal of the magtube legal in ipsc for 140 and 170 mm mag. is it measured in the back or in front.

also will the basepad be measured or just the tube?

ty mga rule experts.

PS i never did know anything about ipsc rules except for the safety rules. yung prone nga with the gun in holster i did not know if not for mcO i would have accepted the DQ,

Eye Cutter
07-19-2005, 07:23
i'm not sure also if the 170mm max length includes the basepad or just the tube. most likely, including the pads. it's measured from the back side of the magazine.

problema with the mecgars, you need to extend the side crimps of the tubes if you're going to use an extended basepad or the bullets will be stuck at the bottom.

best mags to use are svi or sps tubes without the side crimps. you might need to modify the grip a bit and use a different mag catch i suppose.

sti for para mag tubes are available kay Chuck sa SC

mc_oliver
07-19-2005, 18:09
Open restriction is only on the mag. Max empty mag length should be 170mm measured from the top rear down to the bottom rear of the mag (inclusive of the basepad).

jasonub
07-19-2005, 21:04
thanks