Tom Clancy [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tom Clancy

theTactician
07-20-2005, 05:24
Who else can make readers feel that they are there..right in the middle of the action? non other than the strong, remarkable and brilliant novelist Tom Clancy. For me he's one of the best along with other great novelists such as Stephen King, John Grisham, Michael Crichton..etc...
Ever read one of his novels? You'll find it out for yourself..
among his titles are:
Rainbow Six (who can forget those pc games that were derived from it?)
The Hunt for red october (popularized by Sean connery and alec Baldwin)
Patriot Games (Harrison ford's Jack ryan)
clear and present danger (Harrison ford again)
red storm rising
the cardinal of the kremlin
the sum of all fears (ben affleck's younger version of jack ryan)
debt of honor
without remorse (john clark begins)
executive orders
the bear and the dragon
red rabbit
the teeth of the tiger
SSN

and his other contributions to
OP Center
Power Plays
Net force

Eye Cutter
07-20-2005, 05:30
i've read all his novels, twice!

i also enjoy W.E.B. Griffin's novels

Allegra
07-20-2005, 07:14
Kung realism, I'll go with Andy McNabb
He can tell you what is goin on inside a characters head durign a fight.
Plus madami trade secrets dun sa novels nya, they have to be approved pa by the brit govt
Plus yung bida nya, mas nakaktakot pa dun sa mga kontra bida

Valor1
07-20-2005, 08:17
Anybody tried David Morrell know for :
- First Blood
- Brotherhood of the Rose
etc.

He is very good in the theme of the hunter and the hunted. Lots of tips too.

Amateurknight
07-20-2005, 08:34
I recommend James Patterson. A couple of his more well known titles are Kiss the Girls and Along Came the Spider.

9MX
07-20-2005, 08:48
Originally posted by Valor1
- First Blood
etc.

I've watched the Brotherhood of the Rose series on GMA 7 many years ago, galing!:cool:

Trevanian's Shibumi is also a must read

doctabako
07-20-2005, 09:09
I'm more into religious mysteries like Holy Blood, Holy Grail, Hiram key, Second Messiah, The Sign and the Seal, Templar revelation lately the Da Vinci code etc. etc. probably because of my masonic background. But I am a voracious reader and will read anything even my kid's Star Wars:New Jedi Order, Harry Potter and LOTR books. Just finished Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, which incidentally is a great read...sad ending though :)
Will check out those Tom Clancy books which I have been meaning to read but haven't gotten around to.

tombo
07-20-2005, 09:54
Try Point of Impact by Stephen Hunter- one of my all time favorites. Ex-marine corp. sniper vs. the world. A real page turner. Some very good action sequences in it. Also another good book by Hunter- Dirty White Boys.

doctabako
07-20-2005, 10:10
Originally posted by tombo
Try Point of Impact by Stephen Hunter- one of my all time favorites. Ex-marine corp. sniper vs. the world. A real page turner. Some very good action sequences in it. Also another good book by Hunter- Dirty White Boys.

Have to check those out too. They say Hunter really knows his guns and it shows in his books. Some of his books that were recommended to me by a poster in another forum who's also registered here( eHunt, why don't you post here :)) were "Black Light" which features a lot of info on the AR's and "Hot Springs" which features the Thompson, M2 Carbine and BAR.

tombo
07-20-2005, 10:35
Originally posted by doctabako
Have to check those out too. They say Hunter really knows his guns and it shows in his books. Some of his books that were recommended to me by a poster in another forum who's also registered here( eHunt, why don't you post here :)) were "Black Light" which features a lot of info on the AR's and "Hot Springs" which features the Thompson, M2 Carbine and BAR.
Black Light and Hot Springs are pretty good. Some of his earlier books such as Second Saladin (sp?) and Tapestry of Spies were not all that good. Day Before Midnight was pretty good but he started really hitting his stride with Point of Impact. His books are inter-related (not necessarily a series) starting with Point of Impact. If you like guns these are the books to read.

vega
07-20-2005, 15:04
Ang mahirap paniwalaan yung kay Clive Cussler. After reading two novels oh his, hininto ko na.

vega

mirko128
07-20-2005, 18:16
I've read almost all of Clancy's Jack Ryan books, except "The Cardinal and the Kermlin" and "The Bear and the Dragon."

My favorites are "Without Remorse" and "Rainbow Six". Least favorite is "The Teeth of the Tiger".

deenoh
07-20-2005, 18:38
Doctabako (or anyone else interested), if you want to try out Tom Clancy's books. I have several of his books in hard bound and paper back that I can sell to you. My mom bought several Tom Clancy books na meron na ako nag doble doble tuloy.

PM me if you're interested.

jerrytrini
07-20-2005, 20:27
The Bear and the Dragon by TC is also a must read. Any Frederick Forsythe novel is also worth reading. The most intriguing book IMHO is the Da Vinci Code. My wife and I were so intrigued and convinced that we had to change our iterinary to see the Last Supper during our vacation.

If there is a book that could stir your imagination, I believe the Da Vinci Code is it.

Pepe G Boy
07-20-2005, 21:16
- First Blood
etc.

Try reading Morrell's The Protector
Sig225 and Emerson CQC7 are extensively used.

Allegra
07-20-2005, 21:57
Originally posted by jerrytrini
The Bear and the Dragon by TC is also a must read. Any Frederick Forsythe novel is also worth reading. The most intriguing book IMHO is the Da Vinci Code. My wife and I were so intrigued and convinced that we had to change our iterinary to see the Last Supper during our vacation.

If there is a book that could stir your imagination, I believe the Da Vinci Code is it.

Yeah, for awhile I had to remind myself it's fiction
Try mo din yung Angels and Demons ni Dan Brown, it's just as good
They are action adventure for nerds :) i mean that in a good way

doctabako
07-20-2005, 22:50
Originally posted by deenoh
Doctabako (or anyone else interested), if you want to try out Tom Clancy's books. I have several of his books in hard bound and paper back that I can sell to you. My mom bought several Tom Clancy books na meron na ako nag doble doble tuloy.

PM me if you're interested.

PM sent :)

doctabako
07-20-2005, 23:03
Originally posted by Allegra
Yeah, for awhile I had to remind myself it's fiction
Try mo din yung Angels and Demons ni Dan Brown, it's just as good
They are action adventure for nerds :) i mean that in a good way

Those books may be fiction but the facts and insights on the work of Da Vinci and other illuminati have been the subject of debate way way before all this hype. Ideas formerly considered as blasphemy or heresy are now given a more objective eye, as it should be without threats of excommunication or religious persecutiion as has always been done in the past. :)

SMBeerDealer
07-20-2005, 23:45
Originally posted by jerrytrini
The Bear and the Dragon by TC is also a must read. Any Frederick Forsythe novel is also worth reading.

One thing I want to confirm about The Bear and the Dragon, isn't it mentioned there that the Americans used the same diesel fuel for their tanks as the Russians in their depot near the Chinese border? Aren't the M1 Abrams tanks fitted with GAS TURBINE engines?

Just finished reading Without Remorse for the fourth time. John Clark really is something. Would never want to cross anyone like him.

Frederick Forsythe's books are really something. I especially like The Deceiver, The Fourth Protocol, and the Fist of God.

Eye Cutter
07-20-2005, 23:49
fafa allegra, ok books si andy mcnabb, kaya lang british english, medyo di tayo sanay sa mga colloquialisms and slang nila bec. we're familiar with american english.

SMBeerDealer
07-20-2005, 23:52
- First Blood
etc.

Wasn't able to put down my copy of Brotherhood of the Rose when I first opened it. My other favorites of his include Fraternity of the Stone and the meeting of the previous two protagonists in League of Night and Fog.

Anybody know where I can find copies of his books? Could only find Brotherhood at National/Powerbooks. :)

zorkd
07-21-2005, 02:41
there was one book though where he referred to an mp5 in 10 mm An "MP-10"

and one of his book covers has an AK 47 without a grip, parang sporting style.

not to be negative but yeah, clancy rocks.

he said on jay leno show

"gun control means "use both hands"" and i agree

theTactician
07-21-2005, 04:02
I've read the first 10 chapters of this bourne trilogy and i find it stereotypical..its no longer as exciting as the first two "Identity and supremacy". This book was writted after Robert Ludlum's demise. this was actually penned by Eric Van Lustbader who's reknowned for his works such as "ninja". In my opinion, he shouldn't have written the Bourne Legacy.
Well, anyway, i think Tom Clancy's splinter cell is much worth reading than this one.
I like Sam Fisher and John Clark better than Jason Bourne because of this sequel.

Eye Cutter
07-21-2005, 05:36
doc: cool ka lang sa mga posts! akala ko aatakihin ka sa posts mo dun sa GNG forum about teflon bullets! hahahaha!!!! madaming mga baiters and trolls sa labas ng BoG!

you can use plain hard cast lead bullets in polygonal barrels only if you are meticulous and anal about cleaning the barrel about every 50-100 rds, if not, you'll find your new baby go kaboom! specially in hi pressure rounds like the .40 cal

actually, our teflon bullet heads available locally is a misnomer. it was called teflon bec. the chemical used to coat the heads is made by Dupont which owns the proprietary name Teflon. The so called teflon bullet heads is a polymer coating that functions like the copper jackets that envelopes fmj's and jhp's.

in our experience, (evidenced based, ito! hahaha!) it's generally very safe for glocks. make sure to inspect the barrel regularly for any signs of lead build-up. I find the teflon/polymer/nylon coated heads even better suited in glock barrels than copper plated bec. it's a lot cleaner.

Of course, if you plan to shoot ipsc, use fmj heads for your reloads. Used to be that the price difference bet. teflon and fmj was P1.50-2.00, now its less than P1, iirc.

jasonub
07-21-2005, 05:45
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
doc: cool ka lang sa mga posts! akala ko aatakihin ka sa posts mo dun sa GNG forum about teflon bullets! hahahaha!!!! madaming mga baiters and trolls sa labas ng BoG!

you can use plain hard cast lead bullets in polygonal barrels only if you are meticulous and anal about cleaning the barrel about every 50-100 rds, if not, you'll find your new baby go kaboom! specially in hi pressure rounds like the .40 cal

actually, our teflon bullet heads available locally is a misnomer. it was called teflon bec. the chemical used to coat the heads is made by Dupont which owns the proprietary name Teflon. The so called teflon bullet heads is a polymer coating that functions like the copper jackets that envelopes fmj's and jhp's.

in our experience, (evidenced based, ito! hahaha!) it's generally very safe for glocks. make sure to inspect the barrel regularly for any signs of lead build-up. I find the teflon/polymer/nylon coated heads even better suited in glock barrels than copper plated bec. it's a lot cleaner.

Of course, if you plan to shoot ipsc, use fmj heads for your reloads. Used to be that the price difference bet. teflon and fmj was P1.50-2.00, now its less than P1, iirc.

btw they are not using teflon but epoxy paint to coat the bullet. lugi sila if they use teflon which costs around 15t per gallon

batangueno
07-21-2005, 05:48
Lenard, i bought an Andy McNab book kasi strongly suggested mo pero hindi ko nagustuhan first chapter ang bagal kasi ng story. Mali yata ako ng napili yung "Remote Control" or should i continue reading it?

Maganda talaga for gun enthusiasts are books by Stephen Hunter. The only titles that i got were Havana, Hot Springs and Pale Horse Coming. Ang galing nung Pale Horse Coming, he patterned some of the characters from real-life gun fighters. I should look for more books by him.

atmarcella
07-21-2005, 05:54
Originally posted by SMBeerDealer
One thing I want to confirm about The Bear and the Dragon, isn't it mentioned there that the Americans used the same diesel fuel for their tanks as the Russians in their depot near the Chinese border? Aren't the M1 Abrams tanks fitted with GAS TURBINE engines?

smbd,
iirc the m1 abrams has the capability to digest a variety of fuels even diesels:

Engine: Avco Lycoming AGT 1500, turbine, multi-fuel
1500 hp

Allegra
07-21-2005, 07:07
Originally posted by batangueno
Lenard, i bought an Andy McNab book kasi strongly suggested mo pero hindi ko nagustuhan first chapter ang bagal kasi ng story. Mali yata ako ng napili yung "Remote Control" or should i continue reading it?

Maganda talaga for gun enthusiasts are books by Stephen Hunter. The only titles that i got were Havana, Hot Springs and Pale Horse Coming. Ang galing nung Pale Horse Coming, he patterned some of the characters from real-life gun fighters. I should look for more books by him.

Ano nga ba story nung Remote control? ang simula yung barilan sa gibraltar?
Kaya ko nga nagustuhan andy Mcnabb kasi nababagalan ako kay Clancy hehehe
Keep on reading, it gets fast quick

vega
07-21-2005, 08:02

Did we missed something?

vega

paltic
07-21-2005, 19:51
sidney sheldon:)

SMBeerDealer
07-21-2005, 20:44
Originally posted by atmarcella
smbd,
iirc the m1 abrams has the capability to digest a variety of fuels even diesels:

Engine: Avco Lycoming AGT 1500, turbine, multi-fuel
1500 hp

Thanks atmarcella. Did some research after I posted the question. The AGT 1500 is a multi-fuel turbine engine and not a gas turbine as I earlier thought. :)

Pepe G Boy
07-21-2005, 21:16
Originally posted by SMBeerDealer
Wasn't able to put down my copy of Brotherhood of the Rose when I first opened it. My other favorites of his include Fraternity of the Stone and the meeting of the previous two protagonists in League of Night and Fog.

Anybody know where I can find copies of his books? Could only find Brotherhood at National/Powerbooks. :)

I have Books for Less reserve for me if they come across books by Morrell.

theTactician
07-21-2005, 21:43

well sir, im not checking that forum again GNG. some of them are really arrogant PR@#KS. well... the world aint a better place without the constant struggle between good and evil..(they're the evil trolls actually, hehehe)

Eye Cutter
07-21-2005, 22:48
were do you have your shells reloaded? truweight's teflon heads they use for their reloads are of good quality.

antediluvianist
07-22-2005, 05:57
Anybody into reading Wilbur Smith's novels? At least one was made into a movie : "The Dark Of The Sun". Good stuff. "Shout At The Devil", Warlock", plenty.

Alexii
07-22-2005, 08:03
I'm currently engrossed with the works of a local writer, F. Sionil Jose. Read two of his novels back to back recently, Ermita and Sin. Well-researched and gripping. Unputdownable.

batangueno
07-22-2005, 10:55
Originally posted by Alexii
I'm currently engrossed with the works of a local writer, F. Sionil Jose. Read two of his novels back to back recently, Ermita and Sin. Well-researched and gripping. Unputdownable.
I've read some books by F Sionil Jose, maganda, iba yung nakaka-relate ka kasi nasa Pilipinas ang setting. The Rosales saga (i think i only read three books out of five) was very nice medyo may pagka-aktibista nga lang ang dating.

batangueno
07-25-2005, 10:03
If anybody are looking for Stephen Hunter books i saw some at National QAve at the 2nd floor. Previously owned hardbound copy of Pale Horse Coming costs P50 only.

Alexii
07-28-2005, 08:29
I've read some books by F Sionil Jose, maganda, iba yung nakaka-relate ka kasi nasa Pilipinas ang setting. The Rosales saga (i think i only read three books out of five) was very nice medyo may pagka-aktibista nga lang ang dating.

Yup, plan to read the Rosales saga, too. Started on the Viajero, my third F. Sionil Jose novel. The guy just simply pulls out all the stops and calls a spade a spade.

Alexii
07-28-2005, 08:33
Going back to Tom Clancy, I bought a secondhand book titled Rainbow Six for 180 bukos this evening at a stall in Alabang Town Center. It will be my first Clancy read since most of you guys think highly of his works.

Is this a good first Clancy novel? Or do his novels follow a particular order of read?

vega
07-28-2005, 08:40
Going back to Tom Clancy, I bought a secondhand book titled Rainbow Six for 180 bukos this evening at a stall in Alabang Town Center. It will be my first Clancy read since most of you guys think highly of his works.

Is this a good first Clancy novel? Or do his novels follow a particular order of read?
IMO, you should start with his earlier novels. Maganda kasi yung continuity.

vega

Eye Cutter
07-28-2005, 09:20
Yep, umpisahan mo from the beginning. Start from Hunt for Red October. Rainbow six came way, way after.

batangueno
07-28-2005, 09:23
I'm giving Andy McNab another chance so far so good. ;f

atmarcella
07-29-2005, 03:35
Yep, umpisahan mo from the beginning. Start from Hunt for Red October. Rainbow six came way, way after.

doc,
clancy's character jack ryan, started in the novel "sum of all fears", although red october was the first big hit, they made a movie of it already, si jack was played by ben affleck, although bcos of the current "terrorist war", they had to alter the story, kasi in the book yung nagpaputok ng a-bomb talaga were arab terrorist, so they did'nt want to give them any bright ideas, ang ginawa nila neo-nazi's nalang ang kalaban, if you remember even in the movie dipa married si jack and his opthamologist wife, in red october little sally was there already.

on another note, do you guys know that clancy made a novel way before WTC incident, title nya "executive orders", this was the novel were jack became president of the USA, in this novel a jap terrorist crashed a 747 into the state capitol instantly killing the president and most of the members of the senate and congress, maybe this is were the terrorist got the idea of crashing planes into buildings, the CIA speculated on this right after WTC, thats why these days clancy's work gets debriefed before it gets published.

Eye Cutter
07-29-2005, 04:05
you're confusing the books with the movies. ibang-iba ang stories sa movie versions.

clancy's first book was red storm rising.

hunt for red october was his second book and the start of the jack ryan series.

although he came out first in red october, it was in patriot games where clancy told how jack came to work for the CIA.

if you want to follow the story chronologically, you should read the books in this order:

Without Remorse
Patriot Games
The Red Rabbit
The Hunt for Red October
The Cardinal of the Kremlin
Clear and Present Danger
The Sum of All Fears
Debt of Honor
Executive Orders
Rainbow Six
The Bear and the Dragon
The Teeth of the Tiger

SMBeerDealer
07-29-2005, 04:08
doc,
clancy's character jack ryan, started in the novel "sum of all fears", although red october was the first big hit, they made a movie of it already, si jack was played by ben affleck, although bcos of the current "terrorist war", they had to alter the story, kasi in the book yung nagpaputok ng a-bomb talaga were arab terrorist, so they did'nt want to give them any bright ideas, ang ginawa nila neo-nazi's nalang ang kalaban, if you remember even in the movie dipa married si jack and his opthamologist wife, in red october little sally was there already.

on another note, do you guys know that clancy made a novel way before WTC incident, title nya "executive orders", this was the novel were jack became president of the USA, in this novel a jap terrorist crashed a 747 into the state capitol instantly killing the president and most of the members of the senate and congress, maybe this is were the terrorist got the idea of crashing planes into buildings, the CIA speculated on this right after WTC, thats why these days clancy's work gets debriefed before it gets published.

If I may correct you sir, Hunt for Red October was Clancy's first novel and it's where Jack Ryan first appeared. Although the events in Patriot Games and Red Rabbit were supposed to happen before Hunt, they are prequels. Without Remorse, which tells the story of John Kelly aka John Clark is also a flashback. Sum of All Fears is actually Clancy's 6th novel and this is the second appearance of John Clark and Ding Chavez.

Executive Orders is the sequel to Debt of Honor. The latter book's ending is where the JAL 747 crashes into the Capitol and where Jack Ryan becomes president. Tom Clancy was actually interviewed on CNN a few days after the 9/11 Attacks. :)

Alexii
07-29-2005, 04:37
if you want to follow the story chronologically, you should read the books in this order:

Without Remorse
Patriot Games
The Red Rabbit
The Hunt for Red October
The Cardinal of the Kremlin
Clear and Present Danger
The Sum of All Fears
Debt of Honor
Executive Orders
Rainbow Six
The Bear and the Dragon
The Teeth of the Tiger

Holy Cow! Marami-rami pa pala ako'ng bibilhin na titles. Marami dun sa binilhan kong stall, makabalik nga.;P

atmarcella
07-29-2005, 07:39
aaahhhh ok, pero if you start reading now, like alexii, you should start were jack ryan is youngest, and he is youngest at sum of all fears, di pa nga sila kasal don ng wife nya di ba^8

si clancy pala nag pa uso ng prequel ano^c

jerrytrini
07-29-2005, 08:08
Did Tom Clancy predict the Pakistan/India border skirmish? or did both countries' read the book and took it to heart? Creepy!!!!!

mirko128
07-29-2005, 08:26
Holy Cow! Marami-rami pa pala ako'ng bibilhin na titles. Marami dun sa binilhan kong stall, makabalik nga.;P

Try this .Ryanverse (http://www.clancyfaq.com/Ryanvers.htm), additional info on the order of books (storyline and publishing.)

I'm now reading the Alex Cross series by James Patterson (up to # 3 na, Jack & Jill). Patterson seems to refer to a Glock as a revolver with a manual safety. :)

I started with his Womens' Murder Club (1st to Die, 2nd Chance, 3rd Degree). They say the newest, 4th of July, is the best so far in the series.

atmarcella
07-29-2005, 09:06
aaahhhh ok, pero if you start reading now, like alexii, you should start were jack ryan is youngest, and he is youngest at sum of all fears, di pa nga sila kasal don ng wife nya di ba^8

si clancy pala nag pa uso ng prequel ano^c

ooops, my fault, iba pala ang movie sa books talaga ano, i did'nt know that.....maybe thats cos i did'nt get the chance to read sum of all fears, last one i read was i think the bear and the dragon, hollywood talaga ;P

doctabako
07-30-2005, 10:17
Can't find any of Stephen Hunters books at Powerbooks and National Bookstore. Do you know where they're available in the Makati area? Thanks. I'm buying some of Deenoh's Tom Clancy books but we have yet to meet :)

There's a sale of Tom Clancy books(among others) at glorietta near the entrance to Parksquare 1.

atmarcella
07-30-2005, 10:55
guys, question, i've read executive orders but i havent read debt of honor, while i was reading executive orders i've always wondered why the pilot that crashed the plane was japanese, bakit ano ba ginawa ng USA sa japan sa debt of honor?

Eye Cutter
07-30-2005, 16:31
taken from ryanverse.com

After two years of retirement from government service, the president has asked Jack Ryan to come back. Not into the CIA, but as the National Security Advisor. With the end of world communism and the cold war, peace has not broken out all over. The president's foreign policy has failed to rise to the challenge and the president turns to Jack to help him get his foreign policy house in order. But Ryan is a little lost as well, the old rules of international intrigue no longer apply and Jack has to learn the new ones. Meanwhile three unlikely allies prepare a blow against the United States. Instigated by a Japanese businessman, Mr. Raizo Yamata, who hates the US because his family committed suicide on the island of Saipan during World War II rather than be captured by US Marines, the three allies are adding financial weapons to a military surprise. Yamata feels he owes a Debt of Honor to his family and to his country. An unusual auto accident in America adds the final pressure to initiate Yamata's plan. Between the economic and military attack, the US may not be able to counter a chilling threat to world peace. But from Washington, DC to Tokyo, Japan there are many more Debts of Honor to be paid than Yamata realizes.

atmarcella
07-30-2005, 20:12
thanks EC!!!

SMBeerDealer
08-01-2005, 05:27
Tom Clancy wrote Red Storm Rising with the assistance of Larry Bond. Check out Larry Bond's own "techno-thrillers." I've read Red Phoenix, Vortex and Cauldron. Very good plots.

doctabako
09-01-2005, 12:07
Just gotten round to reading Tom Clancy's "Clear and Present Danger" after being sidetracked by many other books(Angels and Demons, Da Vinci Code, Sherlock Holmes compilation etc) and I really like it :).
I plan to read the others in the Jack Ryan series in chronological order after I finish this starting with Hunt for Red October and so on down the line although I've only bought "Debt of Honor" and "Sum of all fears" at present.

Paging DEENOH ;f
I thought I would see you during the BOGs IDPA shoot and buy the TC books that I ordered from you. Anyway I'll contact you again when I'm in Manila.:)

I've also bought most of Stephen Hunter's books but I have yet to read one of them.;f ;f I'm still looking for Black light and Time to Hunt to complete the Bob Swagger series. I didn't know they were so hard to find.

I already have;

Tapestry of Spies
Dirty White Boys
Point of Impact
Hot Springs
Pale Horse Coming
Havana

jerrytrini
09-04-2005, 23:05
Went to NC to see my son before he deploys to Iraq. On the way (4 hour plane ride) I read half of Neanderthal by John Darnton, on the way back home to LA, I finished it. The book was so riveting I couldn't put it down.

theTactician
09-12-2005, 10:08
whats this neanderthal book about? :-)

jerrytrini
09-12-2005, 12:20
It was about Paleontology, Parapsychology, Anthropology etc. Almost like Da Vinci Code with a tinge of Jurassic Park.

theTactician
09-18-2005, 06:39
can you suggest any other novel with that Tom Clancy appeal? im going back to the states this october and i intend to read something while im on a 21 - 24 hour trip to chicago.
I sure would love to read something that will keep me on the edge of my seat..something to keep me company coz i hate watching in-flight movies unless its a good one.

Benj
11-06-2005, 18:42
Bumping this up! Just got Crisis Four by Andy Mcnab in Fully Booked Gateway, so far so good. Dami din nila Andy Mcnab books over there :)

batangueno
11-06-2005, 18:51
I did like Andy McNab's "Remote Control". Currently, i'm reading Stephen Hunter's "Dirty White Boys".

Allegra
11-06-2005, 18:53
Filipino Classic Novels :

Without Seeing the Dawn - Stevan Avellana

Standard reading sa highschool , nangopya lang ako ng book report nun

But I read it during the weekend , unputdownable
Innocennce ng buhay probinsya then the brutality of Japanese occupation sa 'pinas

FYI, bestseller sya sa states at pinas during the 50's

Allegra
11-06-2005, 18:56
I did like Andy McNab's "Remote Control". Currently, i'm reading Stephen Hunter's "Dirty White Boys".

Minsan may sablay din book si Mcannab , pero bumabawi naman siya sa dami ng tips. You just know the author has BTDT. Not to mention yung realism ng brutality ng mga characters

My fave book nya is yung tungkol sa Russian Mobsters
Astig

theTactician
11-07-2005, 14:11
can anyone here tell me how good stephen hunter is when it comes to action-packed novels? i recently bought two of his novels namely,
point of impact and master sniper. i havent read any of these yet.