All purpose pistol [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : All purpose pistol

nyordak17
07-21-2005, 09:22
Guys need your inputs here... tnx in advance!

If you will own just 1(ONE) pistol, and consider it as your all around gun... for range use, home defense and everyday conceal carry gun. what would it be?

tnx!:)

batangueno
07-21-2005, 09:36
G17 :)

doctabako
07-21-2005, 09:38
The Glock 30. Awesome firepower in a pint sized package. :)

9MX
07-21-2005, 10:10
G17:cool:

bagito
07-21-2005, 13:22
Originally posted by doctabako

+1:)

jundeleon
07-21-2005, 17:17
1911 hi cap

cz 75

glock 17

mikey177
07-21-2005, 17:40
Glock 19.

Although practically speaking, it wouldn't be wise to have just one gun, especially if you use it for home defense. What if it needs to be repaired? What if, God forbid, you actually have to use it to defend your home. Afterwards, the police will likely confiscate it for some time while details of your case are being investigated. What'll you use for defense in this case if ever the associates of the BGs decide to make a second try on your house?

Paltog
07-21-2005, 18:24
Glock 17:)

Vault Keeper
07-21-2005, 18:27
My "Pony" Gold Cup...;a :cool: Any one in the family can easily use it, reliability, point of aim, stableness, ease of grip....PERFECT;)

New_comer
07-21-2005, 19:00
Either a Ruger GP100 or SW 686 in 357 magnum with a 4-6" barrel, with 6 speedloaders loaded with either Black Talons or Golden Sabers.

That's 42 rounds of the most potent mankiller cartridges around... Can take down a bear, too, or aswang, buwaya, daga, pusa, askal, etc... ;)

darwin25
07-21-2005, 19:29
Originally posted by New_comer
Either a Ruger GP100 or SW 686 in 357 magnum with a 4-6" barrel, with 6 speedloaders loaded with either Black Talons or Golden Sabers.

That's 42 rounds of the most potent mankiller cartridges around... Can take down a bear, too, or aswang, buwaya, daga, pusa, askal, etc... ;)

Ditto on the Ruger GP-100 or S&W 686. But another useful gun to have is my 3.5 inch S&W Model 51 .22 magnum backed up with 2 speedloaders of Remingtong HPs and a wallet full of loose rounds. Can take down any small game animals with it. Can't eat the meat of any small animal shot by anything bigger. To date this has been my most useful gun and I have taken lots of bulig(catfish, different from hito) with it since I bought it from a fellow BOG.;f

paltic
07-21-2005, 19:48
Para-Ordnance P13.45

1911 design;P (tumatanggap ng donated 1911 parts)
Hi-cap(pwede armscor mags);)
pwedeng pangbugbugan;e (bakal kasi)
powerful ammo (.45);f
compact (no need for bobcat):cool:

Alexii
07-21-2005, 19:52
Well, let's see, the criteria are range use, home defense, and concealed carry: For me, it has to be a .45, high-cap, easy to conceal, reliable, and user-friendly (few controls to mess with) if I had to hand the gun to a family member in an emergency:

Glock 30.;)

Pepe G Boy
07-21-2005, 21:06
Originally posted by mikey177
Glock 19.

+1

Jaltered
07-21-2005, 21:24
G19 for me. :cool:

ReccaH
07-21-2005, 21:37
If its for defense, Glock 30 no doubt..

asian_glockster
07-21-2005, 21:39
G19 :)

nyordak17
07-21-2005, 22:55
Originally posted by bagito
+1:)
Originally posted by Alexii
Well, let's see, the criteria are range use, home defense, and concealed carry: For me, it has to be a .45, high-cap, easy to conceal, reliable, and user-friendly (few controls to mess with) if I had to hand the gun to a family member in an emergency:
Glock 30.;)

sir,

in what division can i compete using a G30?

tnx!

Originally posted by mikey177

Although practically speaking, it wouldn't be wise to have just one gun, especially if you use it for home defense. What if it needs to be repaired? What if, God forbid, you actually have to use it to defend your home. Afterwards, the police will likely confiscate it for some time while details of your case are being investigated. What'll you use for defense in this case if ever the associates of the BGs decide to make a second try on your house?

i guess you can ask some police assistance naman when that case happens. And ofcourse if you were to own just 1 pistol it should be one of the best... should be durable, reliable and low in maintenance to lessen your worry on damages and repairs. but you have a point sir, one should have atleast 2 guns. so if your not home yet theres a gun for a family member. but what if your budget is tight and you can only afford 1 pistol, that's my point. that's why i'm asking what is the best all around pistol.

9MX
07-21-2005, 23:00
Originally posted by nyordak17
sir,

tnx!

IPSC Standard or Production, assuming walang ports ang G30 mo. But you'd be at a disadvantage on both. The former is a SA pistol event where the 2011 is king. As for the latter, you'd have longer splits due to your caliber. And for both, you'd be at a disadvantage on mag capacity.

You can probably compete in IDPA, Capt. Tuliao informed us two weeks ago that Armscor is pushing for accreditation just like IPSC

Eye Cutter
07-21-2005, 23:08
awitan mo na lang yung glock 17 ni 9mx para meron pang-down siya ng open pistol! hahaha!

seriously, the glock 17 meets all your requirements but the glock is one of the harder pistols to master, specially for newbies.

the 1911/2011 pistol is no doubt the best pistol design.

JuDGe
07-21-2005, 23:32
Originally posted by 9MX
You can probably compete in IDPA, Capt. Tuliao informed us two weeks ago that Armscor is pushing for accreditation just like IPSC

sana matuloy - renewal na lang naman yun.... november ata naka sched yung planed idpa nationals ;f

jerrytrini
07-21-2005, 23:33
Glock 17 period. I have not cleaned my G17 since January. I will shoot it again for quals in August. I will post the results.

isuzu
07-21-2005, 23:46
Colt Commander in 38 Super, with Bar-Sto ramped barrel, loaded with either 115 gr Silvertip or 115 Cor-bon.:)

doctabako
07-22-2005, 00:00
sir,

tnx!

I used it in Standard division with the 13 rounder Glock 21 magazines before I got my STI, after that I've only used it for funshoots and as a carry gun. It can more than hold its own in this division because of its reliability(especially against poorly tuned jam-o-matic .45 1911's of which there are legion) and the absence of any safety levers(faster condition 1 readiness). I had no problems with the R.O.'s in sanctioned shoots using the set-up so I presume its within the rules since the G21's magazine is within the regulation length. That said, I found it wanting in the capacity department specially in long courses so decided to upgrade to the STI .40(which is the ideal set-up :)).
Using it in production with the 10 rounders will leave you at an unnecessary disadvantage. :)

jasonub
07-22-2005, 00:27
i only have 1 pistol my sv 40. beware of the man who owns 1 gun he knows how to use it.
:)

but my open pisol will be finished in a month from now so. robbers beware, i can hit you with .11 splits in the A zone.

but wait ha ill have to turn on my cmore
;P

mc_oliver
07-22-2005, 02:04
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
awitan mo na lang yung glock 17 ni 9mx para meron pang-down siya ng open pistol! hahaha!
Kumita na si 9MX sa kotse niyang nabenta na. Naghahanap na lang ng palusot kay wifey kung tanungin kung bakit mey "nag-iba" sa baril niya. ;f

9MX
07-22-2005, 02:16

i can't sell the glock. well..not yet, gift ni wifey eh. plus, even if its not my game gun at the moment, i feel "attached" to it;f

gunfool
07-22-2005, 02:26

seriously, the glock 17 meets all your requirements but the glock is one of the harder pistols to master, specially for newbies.

Ditto!

Eye Cutter
07-22-2005, 02:47
o, ha! e di ano pa hinihintay mo? mag pa reserve ka a kay Dino ng isang STI frame! hahaha!!!

come to the dark side!!!

cebuboy
07-22-2005, 03:54
g17 and lots of corbons:)

nyordak17
07-22-2005, 04:15
thanks for the replies guys!:)

baket kaya wala nag suggest ng SIG?;Q who among you guys ha experience with Sigs? what are the downside of Sig pistols? actually i'm planning to sell my G17 and replace it with a compact size pistol, hirap kasi iconceal ng full size and yoko naman ng sub-compact masyado ng maliit. my choices are G19 & Sig 228. what do you guys recommend between the two?

Tnx! :)

9MX
07-22-2005, 04:16
that is because SIGS are expensive

nyordak17
07-22-2005, 04:22
Originally posted by 9MX
that is because SIGS are expensive

but what about the performance, reliability and accuracy? hindi ba worth ang Sigs sa expensive price nila?

Eye Cutter
07-22-2005, 05:10
si miko_a meron binebenta na sig pro.

wala namang tama o mali, wala rin price tag what you can and cannot get. kung saan ka comfortable and if you can handle the pistol well. if you are proficient with your glock 17, obvious choice is to get a glock 19.

pero pistols are like the other pleasures in life, gusto mo tumikim ng ibang putahe para maiba naman.

doctabako
07-22-2005, 05:46

pero pistols are like the other pleasures in life, gusto mo tumikim ng ibang putahe para maiba naman.

Amen to that ;f hindi naman pwedeng panay rib eye na lang ;f

New_comer
07-22-2005, 05:51

baket kaya wala nag suggest ng SIG?;Q who among you guys ha experience with Sigs? what are the downside of Sig pistols? actually i'm planning to sell my G17 and replace it with a compact size pistol, hirap kasi iconceal ng full size and yoko naman ng sub-compact masyado ng maliit. my choices are G19 & Sig 228. what do you guys recommend between the two?

Tnx! :) I never owned either, but I'd take the Sig228... Higher resale value, and I prefer one that can be carried/stored loaded hammer down and has a smooth DA trigger.

Downside? 58T vs 37T or so, higher bore axis makes for slower follow up shots, less customizable than a glock. Both great guns.

Allegra
07-22-2005, 06:08
I haD A 228 dati
Sold it , didnt like how it handled kasi taas ng bore axis, massive slide
i always get the " yan ang baril ng Navy Seals " comment a lot :)
Parang malaki respect sayo ng tao pag sig ang baril mo hehe pero it wasnt expensive naman nuon
Fave pistol kasi siya ng Handguns magazine

nrmcolt
07-22-2005, 06:30
Either my Colt1991 loaded with 8+1rds(CMC)of .45ACP plus 2 extra mags. or my Browning Hi Power with 13+1rds of 9mm plus one extra mag.

In my humble opinion, I think either will serve me well.

Regards

Alexii
07-22-2005, 07:52
but what about the performance, reliability and accuracy? hindi ba worth ang Sigs sa expensive price nila?

I read somewhere that the SIG Classic lines have durability issues; the receivers don't tolerate +P ammo well. Maybe that's why they came up with a "beefed-up" SIG226. Price would probably merciless here.

Toledo
07-22-2005, 15:33
I flipped a coin just now: Heads for Glock 19
Tails for the CZ 75B in Single Action....Glock 19 won but
really is a toss up between the two.

mirko128
07-22-2005, 19:52
Glock 19.

You already own it's fullsize version (ie. same platform), so getting used to this one shouldn't be a problem.

atmarcella
07-22-2005, 21:35

hirap kasi iconceal ng full size and yoko naman ng sub-compact masyado ng maliit.
Tnx! :)

n17,
i carry my g22 w/ me on drinking sessions etc, its not hard or bulky to carry, just buy one of those cheap fanny packs, now if we're talking about everyday concealed carry.....do you have a permit to do that, kahit me permit ka di ka naman papasokin sa mall etc. with it, di ba? ako i just leave it in my car, cguro you only need everyday concealed carry if you're a cop or your life is in grave danger, kung ganon a gun that you can put in your pocket is the best, like a .38 snubbie or g30, but beware the g30 is very hard to control, its very small and light and its in .45, it will kick!!! a g26 would be better.

now my "vision" for my g22 is exactly the gun your asking for, note that i said vision, cos its still not finished yet;f when its finished, I WILL CARRY IT( in a fanny pack ), actually i carry it now, kaso lang di pa ako convinced sa reliabilty nya, as witnessed by judge, 9mx etc., i have some parts arriving that will cure that, IT WILL BE COMPETITIVE, after i'm through with it and na train ko na din ang indian, hehehehe, as for house gun...... well i love my family so much that i have a bigger gun for that hehehehehe peace bro!!! hope this helps;f

atmarcella
07-22-2005, 21:46
Originally posted by jasonub
i only have 1 pistol my sv 40. beware of the man who owns 1 gun he knows how to use it.

agree:)

but wait ha ill have to turn on my cmore

nice one hehehehehe;a

revo
07-23-2005, 00:48
Since you can only have one pistol, you'll probanly want the best money can buy , that is, if money was not an issue.

If you are on a limited budget, competitive shooting is probably not for you.

Hehe

So I'm assuming money is not an issue

My vote is for a 1911 type custom or semi-custom gun with base caliber in 45 ACP.

This allows you to purchase different slide assemblies in different calibers depending on intended use.

My 2 centavos.

bagito
07-23-2005, 03:53
Originally posted by atmarcella
n17,
i carry my g22 w/ me on drinking sessions etc, its not hard or bulky to carry, just buy one of those cheap fanny packs, now if we're talking about everyday concealed carry.....do you have a permit to do that, kahit me permit ka di ka naman papasokin sa mall etc. with it, di ba? ako i just leave it in my car, cguro you only need everyday concealed carry if you're a cop or your life is in grave danger, kung ganon a gun that you can put in your pocket is the best, like a .38 snubbie or g30, but beware the g30 is very hard to control, its very small and light and its in .45, it will kick!!! a g26 would be better.

in that case go for a g23.
firepower, mag capacity ,easy to carry and control. i love my g23 next to the 30. my dos pesos.

royal glockster
07-23-2005, 07:06
I used it in Standard division with the 13 rounder Glock 21 magazines before I got my STI, after that I've only used it for funshoots and as a carry gun. It can more than hold its own in this division because of its reliability(especially against poorly tuned jam-o-matic .45 1911's of which there are legion) and the absence of any safety levers(faster condition 1 readiness). I had no problems with the R.O.'s in sanctioned shoots using the set-up so I presume its within the rules since the G21's magazine is within the regulation length. That said, I found it wanting in the capacity department specially in long courses so decided to upgrade to the STI .40(which is the ideal set-up :)).
Using it in production with the 10 rounders will leave you at an unnecessary disadvantage. :)

Really thought that glocks are for production division only. I might consider buying a g21 for standard division. Indeed, glocks are reliable unlike the 1911s which need to be tuned. Mahal nga lang sa ammo dahil FMJ lagi gamit, unless you switched to after-market barrels like barsto. Thanks for the info Dok.:cool:

atmarcella
07-23-2005, 07:22
Originally posted by royal glockster
Really thought that glocks are for production division only. I might consider buying a g21 for standard division. Indeed, glocks are reliable unlike the 1911s which need to be tuned. Mahal nga lang sa ammo dahil FMJ lagi gamit, unless you switched to after-market barrels like barsto. Thanks for the info Dok.:cool:

g35 na lang, longer barrel plus more bullets and more controllable

doctabako
07-23-2005, 07:38
Originally posted by royal glockster

Nope, I use the stock barrel for which I used teflon headed reloads , just a little more expensive than lead but not much. Medyo mahal nga ang FMJ, gasgas pa masyado tubo mo. Teflon leaves your barrels clean, mapanghe nga lang.;f

flyboy 1
07-23-2005, 07:59

SMBeerDealer
07-23-2005, 22:14
Originally posted by flyboy 1
My SIG 228 has been absolutely flawless, feeding everything from all sorts of hollowpoints to reloads that would normally make other pistols choke (my Glocks are more sensitive). I also shoot it more accurately at greater distances than any pistol I have.

I'm a witness to how flyboy shoots that Sig 228. He can hit those plates set at long distances. ;)

nyordak17
07-24-2005, 08:47
guys thanks for the replies!!! i really appreciate it.

i might go for a Glock in compact size maybe G19 or G23. Since nasanay na ako sa Glock and gamay ko na din. Like flyboy said
low in maintenance plus its very light... ideal for a conceal carry gun. And since my purpose is more on store defense which is a internet cafe na kung minsan inaabot na ng madaling araw, and close contact sa customers n sa sobrang dami, di mo malaman kung sino ang BG sa customers. Marami na kasi case dito ng nakawan sa mga inet cafe :steamed:.

atmarcella
08-06-2005, 10:54
Originally posted by cebuboy
g17 and lots of corbons:)

bai,
doubletap na ata uso sa states san kya mkabili dito sa pinas

Dambrook
08-06-2005, 14:38
G30 gets my vote.

cebuboy
08-06-2005, 19:23
bai,
doubletap na ata uso sa states san kya mkabili dito sa pinas

it hard to find brand name ammo here in cebu. all we have here are xtp. not that i dont trust it, it would be nice if you can compare it with others:)

atmarcella
08-06-2005, 21:59
actually believe ako don sa 200g XTP load nila, ito yung performance nya dre:

The 200gr XTP @ 1050fps from a Glock 23!

990fps 435 ft/lbs from a 3.5"bbl.

1100fps 538 ft/lbs from a 4.5"bbl.

pwede kaya ma duplicate ang performance na yan bai? if we had 200g XTP bullets and with gunpowder that we use when we reload, di ba nag open ka nun ng thread titled "reloading your self defence ammo"?

p.s.
even their 135g nosler loads beats the corbon loads:)

MELBU
08-07-2005, 05:09
Guys need your inputs here... tnx in advance!

If you will own just 1(ONE) pistol, and consider it as your all around gun... for range use, home defense and everyday conceal carry gun. what would it be?

My suggestion for your conceal carry is a COMPACT GUN....
For your home defense you need muscle so i think .45 Cal is best...
For range use....HI-CAP gun.

I think you should get a HIGH CAPACITY .45CAL COMPACT GUN.

bagito
08-07-2005, 05:19
Originally posted by MELBU
My suggestion for your conceal carry is a COMPACT GUN....
For your home defense you need muscle so i think .45 Cal is best...
For range use....HI-CAP gun.

= Glock 30

Allegra
08-07-2005, 06:08
Anybody has some feedback on the Tanfoglio Armscore 9mm?
Yung 24t lang ang price? Yan ba yung dating tanfoglio?
Are they pwede sa production division? Manalo kaya siya sa mga pogi and debonaire cz shooters?
Ang mura, looks like a good buy

cebuboy
08-07-2005, 08:42
actually believe ako don sa 200g XTP load nila, ito yung performance nya dre:

The 200gr XTP @ 1050fps from a Glock 23!

990fps 435 ft/lbs from a 3.5"bbl.

1100fps 538 ft/lbs from a 4.5"bbl.

pwede kaya ma duplicate ang performance na yan bai? if we had 200g XTP bullets and with gunpowder that we use when we reload, di ba nag open ka nun ng thread titled "reloading your self defence ammo"?

p.s.
even their 135g nosler loads beats the corbon loads:)

was experimenting with various xtp loadings in .45 and 9mm with vhitavhouri powder:) good results with 200gr. .45 with 7.0gr. N340 at 1060fps. and 115gr. 9mm with 6.2gr. N340 at 1330fps ;f

atmarcella
08-07-2005, 08:49
wala pang 200g na .40 dyan bai?:)

cebuboy
08-07-2005, 08:59
wala pang 200g na .40 dyan bai?:)

hehe, dont have a .40 caliber pistol yet:) i think stronghand is selling the heads.

atmarcella
08-07-2005, 09:05
kaya pala e duplicate yung performance ng doubletap by reloading lang bai ano, yung 200g na .45 what gun did you use? 5 inch barrel?

cebuboy
08-07-2005, 09:10
kaya pala e duplicate yung performance ng doubletap by reloading lang bai ano, yung 200g na .45 what gun did you use? 5 inch barrel?

a norinco 1911(5") and a g21(4.6") :)

mikol
08-07-2005, 09:34
Originally posted by cebuboy
a norinco 1911(5") and a g21(4.6") :)
bai O.T. did you re-confirmed your BoG shirt size? paki recon lang bai aron ako ma paapel ug kuha ni Judge.;f

revo
08-08-2005, 12:48
Originally posted by MELBU

Agree !