Swat Training [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Swat Training

jerrytrini
07-21-2005, 22:01
I spent 10 hours with 100 other LEOs getting trained by our SWAT in Crowd Control, Neutralize an Active Shooter, and Officer Rescue. Yesterday was my first time to see a Pinoy SWAT and he carried a Kimber with Wilson 7 rounders. The rest of operators had their SW 45's and Glock 21's.

Allegra
07-21-2005, 22:31
Wow! LAPD swat!

revo
07-21-2005, 22:37
One can be surprised as to how many Pinoys are serving in the police and military professions in the US.

There is a US Major-General who is of Filipino origin and I've seen other US Filipino generals who go before the US Congress.

I've seen US Navy Seal documentary where the one of SEAL trainors was definitely a Filipino.

I've not seen a Pinoy SWAT officer yet in the SF Bay area but Pinoy police officers and firemen are quite common around here.

You go to any6 US Navy recruitment office in the SF BAy Area and invariably, the petty officers are Pinoys.

Eye Cutter
07-21-2005, 22:37
sir jerry, pwede pa arbor ng LAPD SWAT ballcap mo? ;f

paltic
07-21-2005, 22:46
naku naunahan ako ni Doc EC:) sir jerry baka may pics. kayo sa training sessions ninyo with swat! dito ay super mahal ang kimber 1911;g medyo amazing nga lang talaga ang LAPD SWAT dahil 1911 pa rin sila:cool:

jerrytrini
07-21-2005, 22:48
Mga baliw hindi ako SWAT. The training cadre was SWAT. I am too old, too slow and cannot even remember what I had for breakfast. I cannot even make 4 pullups. Every so often, our SWAT provides refresher training sessions in shooting on the move, clearing a series of threats, officer/citizen rescue etc. Street Officers (like me) do not go through rappelings, shooting M4's and MP5's.

Eye Cutter
07-21-2005, 22:50
kalabaw lang ang tumatanda!

sige na nga, yung lapd ballcap na lang! ;f

jerrytrini
07-21-2005, 22:51
Sorry. Bawal ang pics pag may training kami. If there pics made, edited and sanitized muna.

9MX
07-21-2005, 23:01
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
kalabaw lang ang tumatanda!

ako din:)

JuDGe
07-21-2005, 23:37
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
Originally posted by 9MX
ako din:)

meron ako orig.... mura lang! ;f

jerrytrini
07-22-2005, 00:21
Ang LAPD ballcap ni Judge saan kaya galing iyon? Hmmmmm:) :) :)

9MX
07-22-2005, 01:36
Originally posted by jerrytrini
Ang LAPD ballcap ni Judge saan kaya galing iyon? Hmmmmm:) :) :)

basta yung sa akin, sa iyo ko gusto manggaling.LOL!;c

JuDGe
07-22-2005, 04:57
Originally posted by 9MX
basta yung sa akin, sa iyo ko gusto manggaling.LOL!;c

kaya sa susunod na get-together pag nandyan si jerrytrini huwag male- late! nauubusan ka tuloy ng grasya.... ;f

nrmcolt
07-22-2005, 06:37
Mga baliw hindi ako SWAT. The training cadre was SWAT. I am too old, too slow and cannot even remember what I had for breakfast. I cannot even make 4 pullups. Every so often, our SWAT provides refresher training sessions in shooting on the move, clearing a series of threats, officer/citizen rescue etc. Street Officers (like me) do not go through rappelings, shooting M4's and MP5's.

;z ;c watch your six, sir.

Alexii
07-22-2005, 07:57
I spent 10 hours with 100 other LEOs getting trained by our SWAT in Crowd Control, Neutralize an Active Shooter, and Officer Rescue.

Officer Jerry, would you be at liberty to discuss about neutralizing an active shooter? Just a few general pointers from the training. It would be interesting the LAPD SWAT's point of view on this subject. Thanks!

Mang Danny
07-22-2005, 08:58
I cannot even make 4 pullups

I cannot even see my feet because of my belly. ;f

vega
07-22-2005, 14:24
Originally posted by Mang Danny
I cannot even see my feet because of my belly. ;f
You must mean "love handles".;)

vega

jerrytrini
07-22-2005, 16:33
When a person starts firing a weapon or weapons at people without regard for the safety of others and continuous to do so is deemed an "Active Shooter. The person therefore must be neutralized immediately. The pursuit of this individual whether inside a structure or out in an open area is the primary objective of the 1st responding officers and nothing else. If there are downed citizens or officers, the team leader shall contact any available unit to form a rescue team. The primary unit shall follow all leads: gunshots, screams, noise etc then stop the threat.

This is my definition of an Active Shooter.

asintaderoche
07-22-2005, 18:31
pinoy yata to si Lt. Col. Liwanag ng US Army markmanship commander, just saw him in shooting USA.

rhino465
07-22-2005, 18:38
Jerry ... shouldn't you be giving them lessons on shooting on the move and probably shooting in general??

paltik45
07-22-2005, 21:34
Yup I've seen a lot of Pinoy's in the US military and Law enforcement. One of them was a high ranking SNIPER instructor of the highly decorated US marine sniper. He has a rank of a captain and Ive seen him several times in "The Military Channel".:cool:

atmarcella
07-22-2005, 21:59
sir jt,
akala ko exclusive ang lapd swat sa kimber, as this photo shows:

isuzu
07-23-2005, 01:19
When a person starts firing a weapon or weapons at people without regard for the safety of others and continuous to do so is deemed an "Active Shooter. The person therefore must be neutralized immediately. The pursuit of this individual whether inside a structure or out in an open area is the primary objective of the 1st responding officers and nothing else. If there are downed citizens or officers, the team leader shall contact any available unit to form a rescue team. The primary unit shall follow all leads: gunshots, screams, noise etc then stop the threat.

This is my definition of an Active Shooter.

And this is where the beauty of the 1911 trigger is highly appreciated. Picking a target from a crowd. :)

jerrytrini
07-23-2005, 08:28
Personal preference and pag-dadala ng baril ng mga SWAT. Not all carry Kimbers. Same thing with us (patrol units). We have the option to carry SW, Beretta or Glocks. These are the only firearms authorized by my department. 1911's however are for SWAT only.

royal glockster
07-24-2005, 01:01
Personal preference and pag-dadala ng baril ng mga SWAT. Not all carry Kimbers. Same thing with us (patrol units). We have the option to carry SW, Beretta or Glocks. These are the only firearms authorized by my department. 1911's however are for SWAT only.

Just curious, why are you not allowed to carry 1911? Do you mean masuwerte pa kami dito civvies sa pinas, me? i have 3 1911s. Im also an "active (ppsa/ipsc) shooter", not a threat though. ;f

jerrytrini
07-24-2005, 07:48
My department does not allow street officers to carry single action firearms due to this reason: A BIG fraction of the field officers cannot safely and accurately handle a 1911. The department's concern is civil liability caused by AD's. In fact our wheelguns have been neutered for double action only mode. Long Beach, Inglewood, Hawthorne and other cities allow their cops to carry anything so long as they show proficiency with that firearm.

Eye Cutter
07-24-2005, 08:10
sir jerry: are there a lot of not so pleasant neighborhoods in the cities you mentioned?

jerrytrini
07-24-2005, 15:01
Every city has its share of the "Notoriously Undesirable" areas. The answer is then yes especially in the state of Kalifornia.

rhino465
07-24-2005, 17:24
Every city has its share of the "Notoriously Undesirable" areas. The answer is then yes especially in the state of Kalifornia.

Which ironically is an area of the country where it's next to impossible to legally carry the means to protect yourself ... unless you have a badge or are friends with a politician with enough juice to help you.

royal glockster
07-25-2005, 06:52
My department does not allow street officers to carry single action firearms due to this reason: A BIG fraction of the field officers cannot safely and accurately handle a 1911.

Ganun po ba? I suppose most PPSA shooters can qualify as LAPD street cops! LOL. joke lang po. ;f

jerrytrini
07-25-2005, 13:21
99% of the time the tool we use is verbal requests/commands. We were trained (still is)to verbalize even during the use of force incidents.
Our weapons are just there in case the use of deadly force is inevitable.

atmarcella
07-26-2005, 03:26
sir jt,
nasa lapd kna b nung nangyari yung incident na parang kidnapping ni patty hearst, tapos more than 10,000 rnds were fired when the kidnappers were confronted by the lapd swat? i saw it in reality TV:)

jerrytrini
07-26-2005, 08:53
No. I believe the Patty Hearst kidnapping happened in the 70's.

atmarcella
07-26-2005, 08:59
jt,
who is better? lapd swat or the swat team attached to the LA county sheriff dept., i mean which team performs more missions? tnx :)

Mang Danny
07-26-2005, 09:51
One of LAPD / LAPD SWAT's more famous shootouts.
http://www.student.oulu.fi/~hmikkola/shootout.html

vega
07-26-2005, 10:55
No. I believe the Patty Hearst kidnapping happened in the 70's. And Jerry was still a baby then.;)

vega

jerrytrini
07-26-2005, 10:57
Our SWAT Team has won several championship trophies in SWAT Roundup. FYI the first SWAT is LAPD. I believe this year the trophy went to a
German SWAT team.

jerrytrini
07-26-2005, 11:00
LAPD SWAT performs more operations than any other team in the US. Furthermore, our Bomb Squad gets called out more than once everyday.