im looking for a spingfield 1903 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : im looking for a spingfield 1903


theTactician
07-22-2005, 07:09
is anyone here selling a bolt action, .30 cal, classic springfield 1903 rifle? pls. let me know

Mang Danny
07-22-2005, 09:00
If you're qualified, you can get them here.
http://www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/m1903.htm

vega
07-22-2005, 09:20
Danny - He is in the Philippines, that location is very confusing. He won't qualify for that link.

BTW, long time no posting. We will be at Lopez Canyon this coming Sunday, 24th.

vega

theTactician
07-22-2005, 10:07
Originally posted by vega
Danny - He is in the Philippines, that location is very confusing. He won't qualify for that link.

BTW, long time no posting. We will be at Lopez Canyon this coming Sunday, 24th.

vega

yeah, thats right. im here in the philippines right now. its easier finding one in the states but it here...well, its a rarity. so, if anyone out there knows where i can get one..thanks.

Mang Danny
07-22-2005, 10:28
Morning guys, medyo sobrang hectic ang mga scheds ko ngayon. Anyway, here's my "Springfield 1903 wannabe". Sa sobrang busy hindi ko pa na-road test ito.http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6084/dsc039737sh.jpg

vega
07-22-2005, 11:46
Hehe, your wannabe looks like exactly my SKS. Russian ba yan or Yugo?

vega

Mang Danny
07-22-2005, 12:08
yugo lang, mis-matched pa ang mga serial nos.;g May nakita akong russian 400 ang price. Sa kanya na lang tutal paper and milk jugs ang mga targets ko.

vega
07-22-2005, 14:17
Mine is Yugo too, I don't mind the mis-match number as long as it shoots straight. Your stock is even better than mine.

vega

revo
07-23-2005, 00:59
Mang Danny,

This is the first time I've seen a Yugo SKS without the grenade launcher and other stuff.

Here are the differences between a Russian SKS and a Yugo SKS

http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting/lastgreatsks/index.asp

theTactician
07-23-2005, 03:24
Originally posted by Mang Danny
Morning guys, medyo sobrang hectic ang mga scheds ko ngayon. Anyway, here's my "Springfield 1903 wannabe". Sa sobrang busy hindi ko pa na-road test ito.http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6084/dsc039737sh.jpg

Is this by any chance, for sale sir? if not, do you know where i can get one? I prefer the bolt action rifles than the semi-autos. If you have contacts pls. kindly inform me. my number is 09162987493. Thanks a lot.

Mang Danny
07-23-2005, 06:20
The Yugo model 59/66 is the one with grenade launcher. This is not Kali legal AFAIK.

Mine is Model 59. More info at http://www.surplusrifle.com/sks/index.asp

theTactician, sorry,i'm not selling this. I got this from Turner's. Check this out bolt action at http://www.mitchellsales.com/rifles/hist_m48/index.htm

theTactician
07-23-2005, 07:45
Anyway, its really hard finding these kinda rifles here in the Philippines. I guess, i'll just get one when im in the states already.
Just in case, somebody here is sellin a springfield 1903 bolt action or the semi-auto M1 Garrand, please do contact me at 09162987493. thanks.

revo
07-23-2005, 13:51
Originally posted by Mang Danny
The Yugo model 59/66 is the one with grenade launcher. This is not Kali legal AFAIK.

Mine is Model 59.


Sir,

My Yugo SKS has a grenade launcher BUT CA DOJ requires that it be sold with a welded muzzle brake - which made the gun shoot better.

I bought mine from Traders in San Leandro for $175 noon pa.

Sige po.

Mang Danny
07-23-2005, 16:07
theTactician, try asking around the provinces, yung mga guerilla noong panahon nang hapon. A lot of them might still be around. :)

revo, your Yugo sounds interesting. Pls post pics naman so SKS lovers can appreciate them.

vega
07-23-2005, 20:11
Originally posted by revo
Sir,
My Yugo SKS has a grenade launcher BUT CA DOJ requires that it be sold with a welded muzzle brake - which made the gun shoot better.

I had the chance to buy that but my son prefers the Cali approve just like Mang Danny's. Mas mukhang AK daw kaya yon ang gusto nya.

Tactic - Pag dating mo dito mag-sasawa ka. Piece of advice, kung bibili ka ng vault, yung malaki na kagad.

vega

isuzu
07-23-2005, 21:49
Originally posted by vega
I had the chance to buy that but my son prefers the Cali approve just like Mang Danny's. Mas mukhang AK daw kaya yon ang gusto nya.

Tactic - Pag dating mo dito mag-sasawa ka. Piece of advice, kung bibili ka ng vault, yung malaki na kagad.

vega

Have you tried this site? www.yooperj.com That website has substantial info on the SKS. Ganda ng SKS-D. You could use AK magazines in it. Prices of this SKS have been increasing since last year. CDN$195.00 lang last year, now its CDN$299.00. SKS like yours sold for CDN$200.00 in a gun show last March. Included was 200 rounds of Yugo bullets in stipper clips. The Norinco SKS were packed in a box of 24 and heavily-greased.

revo
07-24-2005, 22:20
Originally posted by Mang Danny


revo, your Yugo sounds interesting. Pls post pics naman so SKS lovers can appreciate them.

Mang Danny,

My rifle looks like this -

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Yugoslavian_Model_59_66_7_62x39_SKS_Rifle.html

Best regards po.

vega
07-25-2005, 08:15
Originally posted by isuzu
Have you tried this site? www.yooperj.com That website has substantial info on the SKS. Ganda ng SKS-D. You could use AK magazines in it. Prices of this SKS have been increasing since last year. CDN$195.00 lang last year, now its CDN$299.00. SKS like yours sold for CDN$200.00 in a gun show last March. Included was 200 rounds of Yugo bullets in stipper clips. The Norinco SKS were packed in a box of 24 and heavily-greased.
It is illegal to replace the fix mags of an SKS to detachable mags here in Cali.

vega

Mang Danny
07-25-2005, 09:26
Its funny about the illegal mods to the SKS. At the Del Mar gunshow last July 16/17, a lot of vendors were selling flash hiders, folding stocks, and detachable mags.

revo
07-26-2005, 00:08
As long as you don't attach the illegal accessory, you are OK.

You may not import hi-cap mags into CA though.

darwin25
07-26-2005, 00:51
Originally posted by theTactician
yeah, thats right. im here in the philippines right now. its easier finding one in the states but it here...well, its a rarity. so, if anyone out there knows where i can get one..thanks.

Here in the philippines, you'll be better off with an M1 Garand. I'm just not sure if you can use it as a bolt action rifle ala M14 by locking the rifle's gas action.