glock executive [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : glock executive

Wp.22
07-22-2005, 20:14
a couple of days ago i read an news article about a glock executive who went to local police bec he was threaten by a former congressman of manila. This about terminating the contract to represent glock in dealing with the P.N.P

mikey177
07-23-2005, 07:35
May I ask what date and what newspaper the article appeared in? Thanks.

9MX
07-23-2005, 09:18
On Target : Pope Benedict's edict likely to be ignored

First posted 00:02am (Mla time) July 21, 2005
By Ramon Tulfo
Inquirer News Service

Even if Harry C. Angping is no longer a congressman, he should conduct himself with dignity like a former legislator. The former representative of Manila's third district allegedly threatened with bodily harm a foreigner, Sven de Souter, who got a contract to supply the Philippine National Police with Austrian-made Glock pistols.

Souter is an official distributor of Glock for Asia. Angping used to be Glock's representative in the country.

isuzu
07-23-2005, 10:49
Originally posted by 9MX
On Target : Pope Benedict's edict likely to be ignored

First posted 00:02am (Mla time) July 21, 2005
By Ramon Tulfo
Inquirer News Service

Even if Harry C. Angping is no longer a congressman, he should conduct himself with dignity like a former legislator. The former representative of Manila's third district allegedly threatened with bodily harm a foreigner, Sven de Souter, who got a contract to supply the Philippine National Police with Austrian-made Glock pistols.

Souter is an official distributor of Glock for Asia. Angping used to be Glock's representative in the country.

Yep! Read it a couple of days ago at www.inq7.net. If this is true, nakakahiya itong pangyayari. It will teach prospective foreign investors to skip the Philippines even if they want to do business there. I think our laws should be changed to protect foreign investors who want to try their luck there.

There was a story of an American who did business in the Philippines a couple of years ago because he had a Filipina wife and he wanted to contribute something to the economy. Kaso lang ang kanyang competitor ay politician. He was charged with numerous offenses which were obviously trumped up. He closed shop and moved elsewhere. Kawawa yung employees niya. Nawalan ng trabaho. This incident puts a bad picture of our country in the international business community just because of a few greedy people.

Another sad thing is that FEDEX will be pulling out of Subic to move to Guangzhou, China. Subic will no longer be the Asian Hub of FEDEX starting 2008. Imagine how many cargo/logistics handlers, office workers, flight dispatchers, and aircraft mechanics/technicians who will be out of the job when the pullout is completed.

Mang Danny
07-23-2005, 16:36
Imagine how many cargo/logisitcs handlers, office workers, flight dispatchers, and aircraft mechanics/technicians who will be out of the job when the pullout is completed.

Not to mention Subic's loss of gigantic income from FEDEX and loss of prestige. Who's next to pull out? ;g

mikey177
07-24-2005, 04:46
Thanks for posting the article, 9MX.

Man, our country needs a thorough cleansing :(

JuDGe
07-24-2005, 07:49
Isn't Sven de Souter the one replying to our emails when requesting for a copy of the Glock Annual Magazine? Sayang naman, he might have noticed a strong demand for Glocks here in the Philippines because of our emails to him. Pagkakataon na sana magkaroon ng GSSF dito sa atin. ;Q

9MX
07-24-2005, 09:35
i think he is the one who deenoh dealt with before:)

isuzu
07-24-2005, 14:09
Originally posted by JuDGe
Isn't Sven de Souter the one replying to our emails when requesting for a copy of the Glock Annual Magazine? Sayang naman, he might have noticed a strong demand for Glocks here in the Philippines because of our emails to him. Pagkakataon na sana magkaroon ng GSSF dito sa atin. ;Q

The Glock people in Hong Kong are really good people. I used to FAX Messrs. Herbert Weikinger and Peter Brock for the Glock Annual Magazine. Not only would they mail the magazine, but other freebies as well. Such as a G17 keychain, Glock pens, patches, brochures, updates, etc.

May I have Glock's email address in Hong Kong?

Thank you.

JuDGe
07-24-2005, 18:30
Originally posted by isuzu
May I have Glock's email address in Hong Kong?

general@glock.com.hk

isuzu
07-24-2005, 20:10
Originally posted by JuDGe
general@glock.com.hk

Thank you very much!;K