Gandang gabi mga Kabayan, Kimber question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gandang gabi mga Kabayan, Kimber question

VICARA
07-22-2005, 23:30
I'm new to this forum. I registered like last week but only couple of days ago, I got an email (clearance to post) from Eric although I've been browsing this site for a month or so. Sana po, welcome po ako dito...

3 months ago, I visited the Phil. Stayed there for 2 weeks. Me and my brother-in-law went out one day and checked out one gun store. I dont remember where but its in a 2nd or 3rd floor of a mall. Bibili sana ng baril para madala sa province kasi I heard theres a new shooting range in one of the local resort. Anyway, hindi nangyari dahil ang sabi ay its a 30-day waiting period. I had my eyes on a 1911 stainless Para in .45 cal. (or maybe .40?) Nakakabigla din ang price: P75K, if I'm remember right...Hindi rin ako naasikaso ng maayos dahil busy yung sales associate.

Ano po ba ang mga detalye ng pagbili ng baril diyan? Is it really 30-day waiting period? What about requirements i.e. id's, clearances, training certificate, etc. Can a dealer provide a buyer all the necessary paperworks? What about permit to carry (ccw) or at least permit to transport from house to range.

I'm planning again to come down next month or early Sept to bring/install my sister's server. I appreciate any advice/tips/comments on how to do this right.

Lastly, is/are there authorized dealer of Kimbers in the Phil?

Thank you po and FYI, I love reading all the posts in here.

vicara

isuzu
07-23-2005, 01:28
Originally posted by VICARA
I'm new to this forum. I registered like last week but only couple of days ago, I got an email (clearance to post) from Eric although I've been browsing this site for a month or so. Sana po, welcome po ako dito...

3 months ago, I visited the Phil. Stayed there for 2 weeks. Me and my brother-in-law went out one day and checked out one gun store. I dont remember where but its in a 2nd or 3rd floor of a mall. Bibili sana ng baril para madala sa province kasi I heard theres a new shooting range in one of the local resort. Anyway, hindi nangyari dahil ang sabi ay its a 30-day waiting period. I had my eyes on a 1911 stainless Para in .45 cal. (or maybe .40?) Nakakabigla din ang price: P75K, if I'm remember right...Hindi rin ako naasikaso ng maayos dahil busy yung sales associate.

Ano po ba ang mga detalye ng pagbili ng baril diyan? Is it really 30-day waiting period? What about requirements i.e. id's, clearances, training certificate, etc. Can a dealer provide a buyer all the necessary paperworks? What about permit to carry (ccw) or at least permit to transport from house to range.

I'm planning again to come down next month or early Sept to bring/install my sister's server. I appreciate any advice/tips/comments on how to do this right.

Lastly, is/are there authorized dealer of Kimbers in the Phil?

Thank you po and FYI, I love reading all the posts in here.

vicara

If I'm not mistaken, the dealer for Kimber in the Philippines is Nashe Enterprises.

As to the waiting period, it depends on how the gun store does a follow-up on your application and it also depends on their connections inside.

Last time I purchased a pistol, the requirements were: PNP Clearance(purchase of firearms), Fiscal and Court Clearance, Income Tax Return, Drug Test, Neuro-Psycho Test (lahat na lang na test nandiyan!) ;9. If your citizenship is other than Filipino, you can't qualify for a firearm.

FED rules change from time to time. Just check with the gun dealer. They might be able to work out something with you.

JuDGe
07-23-2005, 01:46
;F

VICARA
07-23-2005, 02:54
thanks isuzu. That was enlightening...I did not realized the requirements are that many!
The gun will be in my son's name; guess I'm not qualify anymore. Its just something to use/pack when I'm on vacation plus my son just started on this sport. And he seems to be very interested; He mentioned a G19 and G23. He is a newbie and I was advising him to start on a .22 (i.e. SW Model 41 or the likes) just to get the basics but he said he likes a bigger bang. So be it. I prefer a .45 myself maybe a G21 or G30 or... 1911. I shoot a friend's G26 when I was still in Hawaii and I thought its controlable despite the size. But I still love 1911s :)

Any suggestions on indoor range in the neighborhood of Cainta? or Pasig? Do they have rentals?

By the way, whats the ave price of a G21 in Phil? Is it true you cannot purchase a cal bigger that .40?

-vicara

thanks for the welcome, JuDGe...

jasonub
07-23-2005, 03:29
you can buy the 500 magnum they were displaying in the last gunshow. If budjet is not a concern you can get the s_i. if your on a budget an armscor will do just fine.

but both should be tuned to be reliable.

welcome to the bogs

Alexii
07-23-2005, 04:02
Welcome to the BOGs, VICARA!

I've fired the G21, G30, and the 1911. The Glock .45s have substantial girth that may seem uncomfortable when first handling it, but nothing a few range time cannot handle. The 1911 single stack, now that's another story; you'll immediately love this gun at first grip: the grip angle, the trigger and the ensuing first-shot accuracy, the endless potential for customization, etc. Not to mention that 1911 parts abound here more than any other gun parts.

atmarcella
07-23-2005, 08:04
;F , all the requirements mentioned above can be had for a fee, i think 5k, medyo strict lang sila sa gun safety seminar these days, cguradohin mo lang that yung downpayment mo 2k-5k lang and make sure to get the serial no. of the gun you're making the downpayment for, this is to make sure na yung baril nandito na sa pinas sa safekeeping ng FED, there are unscrupulous dealers that will ask for 20k downpayment and yung baril in transit pa lang papunta dito sa pinas or worst di pa nila na order, parang pre-selling, it happened to me with trimark ventures the official HK distributor before, i was one of the lucky ones that got a refund, many didnt, good luck sir, happy shooting:)

isuzu
07-23-2005, 10:08
thanks isuzu. That was enlightening...I did not realized the requirements are that many!
The gun will be in my son's name; guess I'm not qualify anymore. Its just something to use/pack when I'm on vacation plus my son just started on this sport. And he seems to be very interested; He mentioned a G19 and G23. He is a newbie and I was advising him to start on a .22 (i.e. SW Model 41 or the likes) just to get the basics but he said he likes a bigger bang. So be it. I prefer a .45 myself maybe a G21 or G30 or... 1911. I shoot a friend's G26 when I was still in Hawaii and I thought its controlable despite the size. But I still love 1911s :)

Any suggestions on indoor range in the neighborhood of Cainta? or Pasig? Do they have rentals?

By the way, whats the ave price of a G21 in Phil? Is it true you cannot purchase a cal bigger that .40?

-vicara

thanks for the welcome, JuDGe...

This is worth checking. You might be qualified to own one if you have dual citizenship status.;Y I heard madali lang mag apply ng dual citizen status at the Consulate there.

isuzu
07-23-2005, 10:27
Originally posted by atmarcella
;F , all the requirements mentioned above can be had for a fee, i think 5k, medyo strict lang sila sa gun safety seminar these days, cguradohin mo lang that yung downpayment mo 2k-5k lang and make sure to get the serial no. of the gun you're making the downpayment for, this is to make sure na yung baril nandito na sa pinas sa safekeeping ng FED, there are unscrupulous dealers that will ask for 20k downpayment and yung baril in transit pa lang papunta dito sa pinas or worst di pa nila na order, parang pre-selling, it happened to me with trimark ventures the official HK distributor before, i was one of the lucky ones that got a refund, many didnt, good luck sir, happy shooting:)

That's a good heads up for Vicara! I know that some dealers will just tell you that the license processing is taking long, but actually the gun is never in their stock. It's the bad gun dealers that are teaching gun enthusiasts not to trust them. They try to make a fast buck, but in the long run, they ruin their reputation. Hindi na nila yata alam kung ano ang ibig sabihin ng "suki."

One thing that your son would also consider is the single stack 1911, as told by Alexii. Mahirap bitawan pag nasa kamay mo na! Nasisira tuloy ang budget.;) They're very easy to maintain(parts are readily available in the Philippines), and most of all, you could do almost anything to a 1911 para gumanda.

VICARA
07-23-2005, 10:54
thanks everybody for chipping in. isuzu, by any chance u know if Nashe has a web site? or a contact number? I googled but found something else.

Alexii, you're right about 1911 single stack. I've been shooting them since 1992 and it seems i cannot make myself seriously considering a shift to a different platform although I have an HK USP compact 9mm in my humble collection. Back in Hawaii, I was into bullseye shooting. An avid and passionate new shooter at that! I even own a Dillon 550. My club is like 85% Pinoy and I can proudly say, they dominate competetitions and I was in awe. I wished I can build up a small, tiny, fraction of that proficiency. Then I get hooked into combat shooting. Briefly though 'cause I moved to the Bay Area for a new job. Oh man, I wish I did not let go of my piece. Ngayon wala na, its been years since I did those kind of shooting. Every other weekend, I visit the range in my neighborhood but you cannot even do a double tap and head shots. Mga pulis lang puwedeng mag DT.

Although I worked here in the Bay Area, my official residence is in Las Vegas. I have a CCW there and some 'bonafide' shooting range around where you can do some serious shooting to your heart's content.

Anyway, baka may mga BOGs from the Bay Area who are into IPSC/IDPA, if you can let me know where/how can I start again. I'm 'middle age' but I can still move pretty good. (kaya???) Sa tutuo lang hingal kalabaw na but, you know, no harm in trying... again. ;Q

So anybody knows an indoor range in the Cainta/Pasig area? (re:my previous query)I'm pretty sure, my son will bug me when I get there. But I'm glad, he's into the sport too. I want to start him slowly but I like him to pick up the right attitude now that he is still green.

BTW, how you guys reload? In Phil, can you own a reloader or is it govt-controlled stuff.

-vicara

Mang Danny
07-23-2005, 16:25
Back in Hawaii, I was into bullseye shooting

Have you met Ed Masaki? He's old school first class bullseye gunsmith and multi champion in bullseye.

VICARA
07-23-2005, 17:30
yes, I know Ed Masaki. He actually did a trigger job on my Throphy Match. He must be older by now but he was a master long before I started bullseye. He was also a frequent Camp Perry attendee. His house full of shooting gear; medals and throphy all over the place. we new/young(er) guys buy stuff from him, I still have my aluminum case along with the spotting scope. I hope he's still around. Any news from him? He's a well-know figure at Koko Head.

Mang Danny
07-23-2005, 17:38
I know him by reputation only. Some BE shooters here have actually shot with him at Camp Perry. Hopefully by December, I might take a vacation to Hawaii and network with him.;)

VICARA
07-23-2005, 17:41
mang danny, I noticed you're from So California. San Diego area ba kayo? I visit some relatives in Chula Vista at times, and I was wondering if there are indoor range(s) in the area...

Mang Danny
07-23-2005, 18:15
You hit the X ring!!! Sa Chula Vista ako. Maraming ranges dito. I prefer Discount Gunmart (indoor) 20 miles north of here. Staff is friendly and cheap prices.

VICARA
07-23-2005, 18:22
thanks for the info, mang danny. will take note of the place and will visit next time I'll be in the neighborhood. My Uncle is a retired Navy and he is into the sport too but medyo pumapalya na. Baka magkita-kita pa tayo don...

vega
07-23-2005, 19:56
Hi VICARA,

Welcome to the forum! ;c

The gun will be in my son's name; guess I'm not qualify anymore.
Then your son is Filipino citizen. There will be some legal complications. You cannot pack it nor take it to the range since it is not registered to you. If ever you are stop by a cop and he noticed that you have a pistol in your vehicle, he might ask for your PTT (Permit to Transport) and it is not under your name. Gun transport is very different in the Philippines. Here in US we don't need PTT to bring our firearms to the ranges. We can loan our gun to a friend and he can legally bring it to the range. In RP, whoever is the registered owner must be the own to bring it to the range.

Is it true you cannot purchase a cal bigger that .40?
No, that's not true. If you want to buy bigger than 9mm all you have to do is be a member of any accredited firing range. In order for you to have a PTT, you must be a member of any accredited firing range.

vega

atmarcella
07-23-2005, 20:26
nashe enterprises 02-811-1889

VICARA
07-23-2005, 23:12
I don't intend to carry it myself. Nag-aalangan ako sa mga pulis natin diyan; hindi ko nila-lahat pero karamihan. And since I dont want to be in trouble, I'll have my son with me all the times. And you know kids when the dad is in town, 'pakitang gilas mga yun at kapit-tuko para mas maraming madelihensiya. I'm also considering isuzu's suggestion of getting a dual citizenship. Pero sa tutuo lang, when we were in the province, I noticed some guys na may dala. 'Kala ko bawal ang concealed carry even if you're a cop or military. Well, then again, I should not be surprised!

Good to know civilian can purchase .45 cal, I guess I got the wrong info. Then I can safely aspire for a .45!

atmarcella, thanks for the contact#. i'll give them a buzz Sunday afternoon and check if they carry Kimbers. Kung kaya, Kimber Royal or Gold Match sana and a G19 for junior. Mga magkano kaya ang damage for those?

Mukhang walang tip sa query ko in my previous post. Sige, kahit saan na. Where can we shoot in Metro Manila? Basta indoor at may RO na naka duty.

vicara

isuzu
07-24-2005, 00:29
Every other weekend, I visit the range in my neighborhood but you cannot even do a double tap and head shots. Mga pulis lang puwedeng mag DT.

Bakit? Hindi ba nila gustong malaman na may mga civilians na mas mabilis pa mag head shots or double tap sa pulis? ;f Joke lang po.^1

Phantasm
07-24-2005, 00:31
yes, I know Ed Masaki. He actually did a trigger job on my Throphy Match. He must be older by now but he was a master long before I started bullseye.

He was featured in Massad Ayoob's magazine. Says there that any gun worked on by him comes with a lifetime warranty. Guy's old school and a perfectionist.

Eye Cutter
07-24-2005, 00:45
Vicara, the club nearest your place is Rizal Gunclub. Their home range is at the Hilltop Shooting Range inside the Rizal PNP Provincial Command compound. Take the middle fork going up at the junction of Antipolo and Binangonan.

VICARA
07-24-2005, 02:11
last year, I happened to shoot next to a cop! I was in a 25 yd lane but I set my target at 12; I was zeroing my piece. It was a slow firing and fortunately that day, I was hitting a bunch of X's. He approached me after and asked if he can check my gun. I did not know he was a cop. Maliit eh, pareho ko lang and he was young Asian/Chinese looking dude. Dry-fired it and was amazed at my trigger pull (2.5 lb)and he started to launch a mini lecture on legal consequence(s) of having a light trigger pull. At that time he introduced himself as LEO. He even gave me a business card of a gunsmith who allegedly, can fix my trigger. Is it LimCat? That sounds familiar to anybody?

And yes, he did a couple of DTs, I was tempted na sasabayan ko, hoping the RO's will not make out.

Anyway, the range is in Milpitas.

Doc, thank you po sa info re: Rizal Gun Club. Sure thing I will visit the place when I get back.

Meron pa palang hindi nasasagot na query ko tungkol sa reloading. Do u have to have a license to own a reloader? Sorry po, I apologized for my kakulitan. I just figured out, you gonna save a lot of cash if you reload. Anybody doing it? And since its not a gun part or anything, can I send one via LBC?

isuzu
07-24-2005, 14:16
last year, I happened to shoot next to a cop! I was in a 25 yd lane but I set my target at 12; I was zeroing my piece. It was a slow firing and fortunately that day, I was hitting a bunch of X's. He approached me after and asked if he can check my gun. I did not know he was a cop. Maliit eh, pareho ko lang and he was young Asian/Chinese looking dude. Dry-fired it and was amazed at my trigger pull (2.5 lb)and he started to launch a mini lecture on legal consequence(s) of having a light trigger pull. At that time he introduced himself as LEO. He even gave me a business card of a gunsmith who allegedly, can fix my trigger. Is it LimCat? That sounds familiar to anybody?

Meron pa palang hindi nasasagot na query ko tungkol sa reloading. Do u have to have a license to own a reloader? Sorry po, I apologized for my kakulitan. I just figured out, you gonna save a lot of cash if you reload. Anybody doing it? And since its not a gun part or anything, can I send one via LBC?

As long as you use your gun in competition don't shoot somebody with it, your trigger pull is okay. The policeman might have missed your point. Limcat makes good guns in this part of the world. My brother has had two of them already.

Unfortunately, reloaders have to be licensed in the Philippines. I don't know if they still require a secure storage for your reloading components.

vega
07-25-2005, 08:13
Do u have to have a license to own a reloader? Sorry po, I apologized for my kakulitan. I just figured out, you gonna save a lot of cash if you reload. Anybody doing it? And since its not a gun part or anything, can I send one via LBC?
You don't need to have a license to reload but law requires that you register your press, but who does? Yes you can ship reloader to the Philippines if you have proper docs here in US but that is no assurance that it will not be confiscated once it reach Phil shore.

vega

Mang Danny
07-25-2005, 09:16
Are all reloading components readily available in gunshops?

vega
07-25-2005, 09:26
I was on the phone with one of my shooting buddies last Saturday. Medyo mahirap yata ang dies. Pero yung mga ammo components maraming suppliers.

vega

Mang Danny
07-25-2005, 09:33
The reason I ask kasi yung mga fireworks maker sa Bocaue, Bulacan need permits from Crame to buy gunpowder. My friend in Negros is begging me for a simple LEE anniversary kit.

stglock
07-25-2005, 10:23
How often do you visit Target Masters?? It would be nice to meet you there as I am a regular customer at that range. Hopefully one of these days I will have a chance to meet you

>>Dry-fired it and was amazed at my trigger pull (2.5 lb)
That is quite nice, I set mine to 4.5 #s , just my preference though..

stglock

And yes, he did a couple of DTs, I was tempted na sasabayan ko, hoping the RO's will not make out.

Anyway, the range is in Milpitas.

Doc, thank you po sa info re: Rizal Gun Club. Sure thing I will visit the place when I get back.

VICARA
07-25-2005, 11:22
stglock, I visit Target Master like every other week. I skipped yesterday so I'm hoping to show up next week although I intend to go down this PM to try the the new ball ammo (Winchester) I picked up from Walmart.

I used to compete on that every Monday competition. If you can send me a PM with a contact # or email, I will meet you there. Hindi na sumipot yung dalawang shooting buddy ko dati. busy siguro.

'Kita tayo 'dre, naghahanap ng shooting buddy. D'you shoot 1911 besides glock?

VICARA
07-25-2005, 11:24
stglock, kapitbahay tayo 'dre. San Jose din ako... evergreen area.

stglock
07-25-2005, 11:50
Kimber TLE and a Springfield Milspec (I tinker around with)

>> I skipped yesterday so I'm hoping to show up next week although I intend to go down this PM to try the the new ball ammo (Winchester) I picked up from Walmart.

Great, I think I maybe able to stop by coming from work.
I normally leave work 'bout 5:30 coming off Dumbarton
bridge (SMI)...

>>I used to compete on that every Monday competition. If you >>can send me a PM with a contact # or email, I will meet you >>there. Hindi na sumipot yung dalawang shooting buddy ko >>dati. busy siguro.

'Kita tayo 'dre, naghahanap ng shooting buddy. D'you shoot 1911 besides glock? [/B][/QUOTE]

jlkwison
07-26-2005, 03:57
I don't intend to carry it myself. Nag-aalangan ako sa mga pulis natin diyan; hindi ko nila-lahat pero karamihan. And since I dont want to be in trouble, I'll have my son with me all the times. And you know kids when the dad is in town, 'pakitang gilas mga yun at kapit-tuko para mas maraming madelihensiya. I'm also considering isuzu's suggestion of getting a dual citizenship. Pero sa tutuo lang, when we were in the province, I noticed some guys na may dala. 'Kala ko bawal ang concealed carry even if you're a cop or military. Well, then again, I should not be surprised!

Good to know civilian can purchase .45 cal, I guess I got the wrong info. Then I can safely aspire for a .45!

atmarcella, thanks for the contact#. i'll give them a buzz Sunday afternoon and check if they carry Kimbers. Kung kaya, Kimber Royal or Gold Match sana and a G19 for junior. Mga magkano kaya ang damage for those?

Mukhang walang tip sa query ko in my previous post. Sige, kahit saan na. Where can we shoot in Metro Manila? Basta indoor at may RO na naka duty.

vicara

Hi VICARA, pleased to have you here :)

Last time I checked Nashe, they only had the kimber custom 2 in stainless on display and when I asked for the price, (I don't know if I heard it right) the salesman said that it retails for 90T pesos. Last year I was able to see their Kimber Gold Combat and it retails for 150t pesos...very nice gun, I wish to shoot one someday to see if its well worth the price. :) So most probably, the gold match would be in the 100t price range, probably close to 150t. If I pass by next week, I'll ask how much. Good day.

jlkwison
07-26-2005, 04:00
Do BOGs here in the Phil. have Kimbers ? If so, can you guys share to us how it handles and shoots ? Is it ok if you can have me shoot one ? I'd be glad to have you guys shoot my g19 in return... ;e

batangueno
07-26-2005, 05:31
Originally posted by jlkwison
Do BOGs here in the Phil. have Kimbers ? If so, can you guys share to us how it handles and shoots ? Is it ok if you can have me shoot one ? I'd be glad to have you guys shoot my g19 in return... ;e
I don't think a Kimber would handle differently from a same-sized 1911. Anyway, you can ask JuDGe to try out his Kimber look-alike Norinco...hehe;f

atmarcella
07-26-2005, 08:52
nung last gunshow meron sila ng polymer framed kimber yung .45 na mag capacity nya sampu (10), i forgot the name, mga 90t din sya ouch!;f

bokbok_05
07-26-2005, 09:18
nung last gunshow meron sila ng polymer framed kimber yung .45 na mag capacity nya sampu (10), i forgot the name, mga 90t din sya ouch!

is it a Kimber BP Ten?

mikol
07-26-2005, 10:44
Originally posted by atmarcella
nung last gunshow meron sila ng polymer framed kimber yung .45 na mag capacity nya sampu (10), i forgot the name, mga 90t din sya ouch!;f
is it the KZ .45 cal 1911 pistol. ^8

VICARA
07-26-2005, 10:45
I'm not that keen to acquire a Kimber since its intended to be used only when I'm in town. My son is more interested in a Glock or HK .40 Plus a 150K plus tag is a little steep for me. I have couple of Kimbers here and I'm a happy camper with them, I figured its nice to have the same piece in my home country. The most expensive on Kimber's line is the Super Match at $1,700.00-$1,900.00 depending on where you buy it. It was on sale on a gun show by Reed's a while back, 'twas $1,600.00. Sayang broke ako nun, pagkakataon na sana.

Well, buti na yung may dala kaysa wala basta ba puputok eh. Iiwanan ko lang naman sa anak ko, baka mag-share na lang kami sa isa.

Another Q: Are there Bullseye competition in Phil? I'm reading mostly IPSC/IDPA kind of events there and most of the forum members are into it. This I guess geared more for older...errr..'seasoned' shooters. Let me know guys. Thank you.

VICARA
07-26-2005, 10:49
hey, mikol kumusta na sa Jeddah? I worked there mid to late 80's at Abdul Latif Jameel, yung Toyota dealer. How long you've been there?

I guess you miss the our sport, huh? Makibalita 'dre kung ano na itsura ng Balad.

maasalam, sadik.

vicara

bokbok_05
07-26-2005, 19:10
is it the KZ .45 cal 1911 pistol.

i think it is a Wilson Combat...but then again i could be wrong.^8 :)

tigra
07-26-2005, 22:23
Originally posted by jlkwison
Is it ok if you can have me shoot one ?

No problem pards! Pero next week na ha...dami pa ako labada eh;f

Sa MCS na lang tayo...ok lang? Sino pa gusto sumama?...para ma-ready ko rin yung ammo;)

Eye Cutter
07-26-2005, 22:35
the polymer frames are manufactured for kimber and wilson by Bul Transmark, Israel

isuzu
07-26-2005, 23:05
Originally posted by batangueno
I don't think a Kimber would handle differently from a same-sized 1911. Anyway, you can ask JuDGe to try out his Kimber look-alike Norinco...hehe;f

Oh, yeah, Vicara! Have your son scout for Norincos. They are very good 1911s. They can be had in standard length or Commander length. Get the GI model and have some changes on it such as fronstrap checkering, beavertail safety, combat safety, hammer and sear, trigger, sights, grips, and a flat mainspring housing, just to mention a few.

It used to be offered for P10,000 with permit to carry way back in 1995, and nobody seemed to take notice of it. P26.00-$1.00 pa lang ang exchange rate, and everbody was buying the US made stuff. Got mine for P13,000 in 1999 and enjoyed using it. It was quite accurate, too. Some say that the Norinco barrels are one of the more accurate barrels for entry-level 1911s in the market. Last time I inquired about its price in 2004, it was aleady selling for P20,000 for the GI model and P24,000 for the enhanced version.

I bet there are a lot of Norincos there in the US before they were banned because of certain trade restrictions. Try getting hold of one and test it.:)

atmarcella
07-27-2005, 03:11
Originally posted by bokbok_05
is it a Kimber BP Ten?

yeah, that its name;f

VICARA
07-27-2005, 11:29
norincos in the US are rare, actually wala pa akong nakita sa mga gun stores. i believe it has something to do with the import restrictions of chinese-made weapons. i'm not sure if its only norinco. buti pa diyan sa canada, ok lang. have you guys check this?

http://www.marstar.ca/pistols.htm

i attached a kimber10 below but i dont know about you guys, i still prefer the single stack; the look and feel of the grip is to me, not something to behold. true, u get more rounds but if u have an 8-rounder mag then additional 2 is not that much difference. I have some reservations on the grip ergonomics of the high-caps maybe because of my small hand. combat shooting competitions yes, but for carry, baka hinde...

isuzu
07-27-2005, 18:11
norincos in the US are rare, actually wala pa akong nakita sa mga gun stores. i believe it has something to do with the import restrictions of chinese-made weapons. i'm not sure if its only norinco. buti pa diyan sa canada, ok lang. have you guys check this?

http://www.marstar.ca/pistols.htm

i attached a kimber10 below but i dont know about you guys, i still prefer the single stack; the look and feel of the grip is to me, not something to behold. true, u get more rounds but if u have an 8-rounder mag then additional 2 is not that much difference. I have some reservations on the grip ergonomics of the high-caps maybe because of my small hand. combat shooting competitions yes, but for carry, baka hinde...

It would be safe to say that the Norincos in the US have been depleted. You might get lucky and find one in a pawnshop or a really small gunstore. Baka may matyempuhan.

Yup, Marstar sells them here in Canada. Mahigpit dito kumuha ng pistols. You have to get a restricted license for it. And guns are so expensive here! Try loggin in to www.p-d-ent.com and you'll be surprised on the difference of prices here compared to the US prices.

Imagine, Para Ords are made here in Canada. But Canadian gun dealers have to order and import them from the US. What makes it expensive is that Para Ords get shipped to the US and Canadian dealers have to import them. More taxes and freight.;5

Gunsmithing is also expensive here and there aren't that much gunsmiths here. So turnaround for your firearm is slow.

jerrytrini
07-27-2005, 20:54
VICARA and STGlock,

I drive up to SJ almost every month. My mom and two sisters live off Mclaughlin and Tully Road. PM me with your email addresses and phone numbers. Let's get together sometime.

VICARA
07-27-2005, 23:01
hello jerry,
small world talaga! i got a PM from stglock last monday with his email. when i checked, surprise, surprise! siya pala yung dating shooting buddy ko. so nagkita kami sa range but we did not shoot, hindi niya dala yung mga toys niya. so we scheduled this Friday 7/29 around 6:00-ish after work.

If you can make it, let me know. Send me a PM with your email or contact# so we can give u a buzz. Anyway, sa Target Master kami.

Looking forward to meet you. Mas marami, mas masaya, then gi-gimmick tayo pagkatapos.

O stglock, tuloy ba tayo?

VICARA
07-27-2005, 23:10
jerrytrini, i just sent u a PM. kita-kita tayo, sir. kapitbahay ko yung mga sisters niyo, sa aborn/capitol ako....that's after tully going south on 101.

mikol
07-27-2005, 23:29
hey, mikol kumusta na sa Jeddah? I worked there mid to late 80's at Abdul Latif Jameel, yung Toyota dealer. How long you've been there?

I guess you miss the our sport, huh? Makibalita 'dre kung ano na itsura ng Balad.

maasalam, sadik.

vicara
asalamualaikum vicara, malis habibi for the late reply. ;f it's very hot now here in jeddah. pero mas maiinit doon kina toxic sa riyad. more or less around 42-47 deg.cent. ang temp.;Q

abdul latif jameel is one of our clients here. we supply them their office furnitures and machines like copiers and other consumables.
almost 10 years na ako dito bro kaya medyo gusto ko narin umayaw. yung sitwasyon lang kasi sa atin ang dahilan kaya 'di ma final yun desisyon ko.

oo nga 'dre, nakaka miss yung pag-himas himas ng baril. ;f lalo pa ngayon na 'di ko manlang na silayan yung binili kung baril before ako bumalik dito. that's my first 1911, kaso i would be able to claim it this coming december pa, pag-uwi ko dyan.:)

VICARA
07-28-2005, 00:41
mikol,
wow, 10 years is a longgg time man; I assume every year ka umuuwi. I hope too, that you guys and the other Pinoys there are safe, u know, mga balitang hindi kanais-nais. Alam mo na.

Part of my job before is to travel almost every other month. Branches and dealers of the company were migrating to the AS400 during my time, so we have to go install and train folks. Nakarating din ako sa Riyadh, Damam, Hufuf, Burayda tsaka yung city sa boundary ng Iraq(nakalimutan ko na). Those were still the good 'ol years but I also have bad stories na hindi makalimutan.

Take care ka diyan pare...Kaunting tiis lang makakaraos ka rin, sabi nga, para rin sa mga mahal sa buhay. Magkita kita tayo sa Pinas balang araw. 'Tuloy natin ang shooting sport natin dun. Pag-uwi, kaya nang bilhin ang Kimber, SA, Wilson, Les Baer, Ed Brown..etc, u name it.

God Bless.

mikol
07-28-2005, 01:20
mikol,
wow, 10 years is a longgg time man; I assume every year ka umuuwi. I hope too, that you guys and the other Pinoys there are safe, u know, mga balitang hindi kanais-nais. Alam mo na.

Part of my job before is to travel almost every other month. Branches and dealers of the company were migrating to the AS400 during my time, so we have to go install and train folks. Nakarating din ako sa Riyadh, Damam, Hufuf, Burayda tsaka yung city sa boundary ng Iraq(nakalimutan ko na). Those were still the good 'ol years but I also have bad stories na hindi makalimutan.

Take care ka diyan pare...Kaunting tiis lang makakaraos ka rin, sabi nga, para rin sa mga mahal sa buhay. Magkita kita tayo sa Pinas balang araw. 'Tuloy natin ang shooting sport natin dun. Pag-uwi, kaya nang bilhin ang Kimber, SA, Wilson, Les Baer, Ed Brown..etc, u name it.

God Bless.
oo nga bro 10 years is very long. when i came here to saudi arabia i was telling myself just to stay for 2 years para meron lang experience. pero nang nagkaroon ulit ng isa pang anak, whew..di pala kayang e sacrifice future ng mga bata. tsaka the offer is really very good, way more than 10 folds of what i was getting back there before. so ito kayod marino tsaka tipid ng todo. ;f
di ko nga mabili gusto kung bilhin na baril kahit kaya naman talagang bumili ng mga high-end na FA. :( kunting tiis na nga lang magagawa natin. para din naman kasi sa mga bata yun bro kaya ok lang.;f
di bali, pagka ayaw ko dito i'll be getting more extra money (after getting my service award) to support our kind of sport at yun ang sigurado.;f (di na pwedeng pakialaman ni kumander yun. ;) )
editted to add****mahirap makapag-asawa ng accountant, magaling pagdating sa pera.;g ;) ;)

jerrytrini
07-28-2005, 06:03
I will definitely call or email you when I get to SJ. I have not been to any pistol ranges up there but I know where all the golf courses are.

stglock
07-28-2005, 09:23
jerrytrini,

Sent you a PM..

VIC...

see ya tomorrow....

Got too many things going on @ work right now..

jlkwison
07-28-2005, 20:55
Originally posted by batangueno

Oo nga naman...how silly of me :)

tigra
07-29-2005, 19:12
jlkwison: PM sent sir:)

jlkwison
07-31-2005, 19:43
Originally posted by tigra
jlkwison: PM sent :)

Reply to PM sent already :)

Thanks lots sir