1994 s-10 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 1994 s-10

nsb22
07-23-2005, 15:23
I've got a 1994 chevy s-10 with a 4.3l tbi. Does anybody know where the fuel pressure regulator is. One store tells me I have to take the TBI off of the engine and rebuild it, and another store says it is a seperate part. I am at work, so I can't go out and look at it myself. Just hoping someone knows!!!
Thanks,

knightkrawler00
07-25-2005, 11:24
The regulator is in the throttle body unit, and the unit has to come apart to replace it.

nsb22
07-25-2005, 20:25
If that is the case, I don't suppose you know if anybody makes after market TBI's? My parts stores around here SUCK. I will look at edelbrock, but if you know of any, that would be great. I figure why rebuild when it would be easier to get a better one!!!:cool:

knightkrawler00
07-26-2005, 08:53
Actually, if you have a socket set and some torx drivers, you could rebuild that tbi pretty easy. They aren't like a carburetor, there is a about ten parts total and it only goes back together one way. With a good set of instructions and some patience, just about anybody could rebuild one in an afternoon. You could also take it off the truck and take it to a shop to have it rebuilt, would probably be a whole lot less expensive than replacing it.