Which is correct? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Which is correct?

Romadoc
07-27-2005, 13:16
I have a constantly running SpySweeper as well as non-constant Ad-Aware. I have downloaded "RealPlayer" and it passes muster with SpySweeper but is identified as "Critical Object" by Ad-Aware. The same thing occurs with regard to FlashPlayer. Are both of these players things to avoid (as per Ad-Aware) or permissible?

Washington,D.C.
07-27-2005, 19:22
There are some adware/spyware components of Real Player and Flash Player.I doubt anything serious.I think Ad Aware only removes certain components not the entire program.Spy Sweeper is a good one.You could try SpyBot and see what it finds.

Romadoc
07-27-2005, 20:23
I also have been running SpyBot in connection with Ad-Aware. It never objected to the players. I guess I was concerned by the blaring horn noise in combination with the term "Critical Object" with Ad-Aware.

Washington,D.C.
07-28-2005, 00:25
I find that AdAware gets more updates than Spybot and it finds more things.They all seem to find a few different things though.I have one really old PC that doesn't have much storage or speed.I use AdAware as it's only spyware scanner.You can go to Trendmicro and do an online scan too with their Housecall scanner.It scans for viruses and spyware.

Washington,D.C.
07-28-2005, 00:28
Here's another scanner I use but I don't leave it on my PC because it causes strange messages on my old PC.The others it's ok but I only use it a few times.

http://majorgeeks.com/a-squared_a%B2_Free_edition_d4281.html