Band of Glockers Clubhouse: Main Thread [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Band of Glockers Clubhouse: Main Thread

Pages : [1] 2

doctabako
07-28-2005, 03:21
Just noticed that the older threads are gone and may have been archived or deleted altogether. The oldest posting goes back only up to a year ago July 7, 2004.

When I first joined this forum, there was a main thread(can't remember what it was called anymore) which was more dynamic and where posters can ****-chat and post questions that won't entail a separate thread. As there is currently no main clubhouse thread, the funshoots and matches thread has served this purpose but this detracts from the purpose of that thread which is to coordinate upcoming matches and post results, pictures and experiences. One other advantage of a main thread is that it would lessen thread hijacks(which I admit I'm guilty of at times :)) that results when there is no thread to engage in light banter.

If I may, (with deference to the BOG founders who can voice out their objections) I would like to reactivate the main clubhouse thread. I'm not familiar with server restrictions but if really needed, like the Funshoots and Matches thread we could limit the threads to say 30 pages and anyone can start the next one. :)

Forum rules are, as always, in effect and everyone is asked to be nice to one another like civilized and educated people. All BOGs are also enjoined to exercise self-moderation and remind others to behave. Occassional trolls should be dealt with by simply ignoring them and not thru confrontation. In extreme cases, just let the moderators deal with the problem. :)

i_am_infinity
07-28-2005, 04:02
Just a suggestion if u guys don't mind

The Funshoots and Matches thread can be a Monthly basis, likewe have a thread for august, sept, etc.

Thanks po!

doctabako
07-28-2005, 04:36
Originally posted by i_am_infinity
Just a suggestion if u guys don't mind

The Funshoots and Matches thread can be a Monthly basis, likewe have a thread for august, sept, etc.

Thanks po!

The Funshoots and Matches thread restarts every 10 pages and the months do overlap if it still hasn't reached that number of pages. The matches for a particular month are sometimes very few and would result in a fast turnaround but your suggestion would indeed put that thread in a better perspective. Maybe Doc EC,McO and the others have their own thoughts on this :)

Eye Cutter
07-28-2005, 06:39
sayang nabura yung old threads when the GT servers crashed last year. All our old pictures were lost, too.

let's just keep this main thread alive. let's see how long it will last compared to the original.

batangueno
07-28-2005, 09:39
Yung mga nawawala at nahihiya... mag-post na dito. ;f

Eye Cutter
07-28-2005, 17:13
If i can arrange an idpa fun shoot at PBD range, how many of you guys would join? We can have 4-5 stages and have a picnic at the range!

JuDGe
07-28-2005, 17:19
siyempre sali dyan ang team CPPSA! ;f

mikey177
07-28-2005, 18:44
Just a quick question: Does StrongHand in Quezon City use teflon heads for reloads?

I'm asking because they have a branch here in our province, but the branch only has lead and copper coated heads, so if StrongHand QC uses teflon, I'm going to write them a letter and request that they get some of those heads here in Pangasinan for us poor Glock owners who have a hard time cleaning out our barrels with polygonal rifling.

Eye Cutter
07-28-2005, 20:19
mikey, alam ko walang teflon heads ang stronghand.

I still have 1000 pcs 9mm copper heads from antipolo. yung matitigas parang fmj na. If you want to get them for practice loads, iwan ko sa pb. 1.70ea lang compared to 3.50 sa fmj

gundog
07-28-2005, 20:40
mikey,

try 1st option sa bulacan st, off west ave. cant miss it since andoks bought the whole street. they have nice teflon, probably the best. cost is around 1.80 to 2.00 per.

deenoh
07-28-2005, 20:51
Doc,

I'll join if ever

Originally posted by Eye Cutter
If i can arrange an idpa fun shoot at PBD range, how many of you guys would join? We can have 4-5 stages and have a picnic at the range!

jasonub
07-28-2005, 21:05
first option sells teflon for 2.3 pag 40 cal

dometop
07-28-2005, 22:16
Doc, skeds permitting, sali ako sa IDPA mo para matuto sa inyong mga marurunong.

mikey177
07-28-2005, 22:28
Thanks for the info, Doc EC and gun dog. Truth is, glck17 referred me to a gun store in Dagupan that uses good teflon heads; TruWeight din ata source nya. Kaso, since I'm about 40 minutes from Dagupan, I was hoping StrongHand, which is in my city, would also be using teflon heads. Oh well, I guess I'll have to stick with Dagupan --a 40-minute drive to the next city beats a 4-hour drive to QC anytime :)

doctabako
07-28-2005, 22:49
Saan nga ba yung PBD range. I'll try to join you guys para matuto na rin ng IDPA format barring unforeseen schedule changes. :)

JuDGe
07-29-2005, 02:47
Originally posted by gundog
mikey,

try 1st option sa bulacan st, off west ave. cant miss it since andoks bought the whole street. they have nice teflon, probably the best. cost is around 1.80 to 2.00 per.

gundog, ang alam ko din nga 2.30 na teflon kay first option, any caliber; are you still getting them at this price? makiki-pabili na lang ako sa yo.... hehehe!

jason, yung teflon ba ni lito is good? hanep kay jethro eh, 2.50 na kuha ko last time dun sa 9mm teflon.

thanks!

Eye Cutter
07-29-2005, 02:50
docT: PBD range is 90 West Riverside St. SFDM, QC.

doctabako
07-29-2005, 03:31
Thanks DocEC :)

jasonub
07-29-2005, 05:38
jason, yung teflon ba ni lito is good? hanep kay jethro eh, 2.50 na kuha ko last time dun sa 9mm teflon.

thanks! [/B][/QUOTE]

he won so many times using them is that good enough?;f ;f ;f

si shihan kumuha ng 2000 pero 1500 na lang naiwan. Lito is still using it thus i only got to get 1000 for shihan.

doctabako
07-29-2005, 06:36
I use lito's teflon heads for my .45 ACP G30 reloads at True Power, no problems with them from a shooting standpoint, one thing you have to watch out for is that the bullet head's weights are heavier than advertised(due to the thick teflon, or is it epoxy? paint) so adjust your powder loads accordingly. The 230 gr heads I use always come between 235 to 237 gr during chrono. :)

vega
07-29-2005, 15:33
Originally posted by mikey177
Just a quick question: Does StrongHand in Quezon City use teflon heads for reloads?

The better place to ask that is at GNG. ;)
You'll have lots of replies.

vega

doctabako
07-31-2005, 11:42
taas ko lang, 'night all :)

ReccaH
08-01-2005, 01:50
confirm ko lang which do you think is better teflon or prn (copper coated). i think close yon price nila right?

doctabako
08-01-2005, 03:36
Originally posted by ReccaH
confirm ko lang which do you think is better teflon or prn (copper coated). i think close yon price nila right?

Copper plated leaves even more fouling than hardcast lead in my experience. Teflon is much better.:)

Alexii
08-01-2005, 03:55
Originally posted by doctabako
Copper plated leaves even more fouling than hardcast lead in my experience.

This has also been the case with me, the hardcast lead having less deposits than the copper coated heads. I use Stronghand's. I've yet to inquire with them if they'll reload teflon bullets for me from First Option (provided by me).

mikey177
08-01-2005, 05:31
Ditto that. StrongHand's copper coated is a real pain to clean out; teflon is much better maintenance-wise.

st. matthew
08-01-2005, 08:02
anybody here using teflons on their glocks? ok lang ho ba? cause the guy i'm buyin my ammos from wont sell me ;P , gusto ko sana makatipid:)

vega
08-01-2005, 08:28
Originally posted by st. matthew
anybody here using teflons on their glocks? ok lang ho ba? cause the guy i'm buyin my ammos from wont sell me ;P , gusto ko sana makatipid:)
Where do you buy your ammo? They probably don't do it, not because he doesn't want to sell you some. Just want to make sure that your location is Phil/Tokyo and not US. People here have different perspective when you say teflon coated.

I used to buy it from FO but they are 1 buko more so I shifted back to lead, it's just a pain in the a** to clean the barrel afterwards.

Hey mikey - Don't post that at GNG, you'll get flamed.

vega

9MX
08-01-2005, 08:36

judge does, he gets them from first option

st. matthew
08-01-2005, 08:41
goodevening vega,the gunstore is back in the phil,they say that it may make my glocks go kb,thats why i just use fullmetal ones.

st. matthew
08-01-2005, 08:49
Originally posted by 9MX

well i guess they're ok to use them then,thanks, will try them
on dec.,funshoot naman tayo sa dec.:) i'm a newbie though,its just a year since i was bitten by the bug;f

batangueno
08-01-2005, 09:06
Originally posted by Alexii
This has also been the case with me, the hardcast lead having less deposits than the copper coated heads. I use Stronghand's. I've yet to inquire with them if they'll reload teflon bullets for me from First Option (provided by me).
Yes, Stronghand will accept if you bring in your own heads. That will cost P3.80 per reload.

9MX
08-01-2005, 10:20
well i guess they're ok to use them then,thanks, will try them
on dec.,funshoot naman tayo sa dec.:) i'm a newbie though,its just a year since i was bitten by the bug;f

why wait till dec? join us this august:cool:

vega
08-01-2005, 14:24
goodevening vega,the gunstore is back in the phil,they say that it may make my glocks go kb,thats why i just use fullmetal ones. Sa Cubao yan 'no? Iwas lang sila sa liability.

vega

st. matthew
08-01-2005, 17:11
Originally posted by 9MX
why wait till dec? join us this august:cool:

would love to,kaso dec pa ako puedeng umuwi bro. i really envy you guys,halos everyweek kayo naglalaro. ^7 ^7

st. matthew
08-01-2005, 17:16
Originally posted by vega
Sa Cubao yan 'no? Iwas lang sila sa liability.

vega

hindi ho,sa may tarlac.very friendly and helpful staffs,girls silang lahat:)
thats what i thought too,iwas sila sa liability

ReccaH
08-01-2005, 17:32
thanks. so its back to teflon for me. :)

ppts799
08-02-2005, 19:42
DocTabako : i just came across muradito.com - saw a list of canon lenses.

JuDGe
08-02-2005, 19:47
Originally posted by 9MX

Ayoko na kay First Option mahal! ;f

Kay TruePower na lang ako... lapit na, mura pa! Got a couple of hundreds of their 9mm & .40 teflon and will try them out this week. Quality is as good as FirstOption from initial inspection.

batangueno
08-02-2005, 19:49
Magkano ba sa True Power yung teflon heads?

JuDGe
08-02-2005, 20:00
P1.95 only ;f ..... kay first option P2.30 na at yung kay jethro P2.50!

jasonub
08-02-2005, 20:49
just mention my name para bigyan kayo ng priority. also brass is only 5 pesos once fired usa brands.

Judge, good thing binigyan ka ni lito ng 40 heads since order has not come in yet and those are his personal heads for matches and practice.

Eye Cutter
08-02-2005, 20:57
Galing lang ako sa US Embassy to renew my visa. Nakakatawa talaga yung mga blue guards nagbabantay sa labas! Kala mo mga kung sinong magagaleng. Lahat sila mga naka Glock 19 or 17 ang sidearm with +2 magazine basepads. Marunong kaya sila gumamit nung mga pistols nila???

JuDGe
08-02-2005, 21:07
Thanks for your help Jason! ;f

Yup, texted Lito a couple of times before going to his store. Yung anak ata nya ang nag-assist sa akin and confirmed with me kung ako yung kausap ng papa nya. Got .40 180grs & 9mm 130grs teflon, ubos na nga daw yung .40 200grs, 29pcs na lang yung natira dun, kinuha ko pa din yung 29pcs just to try it out and chrono it. Next week pa daw dating ng stocks nila. At inihatid pa ako sa sasakyan nung bata bitbit yung 1,000 heads na binili ko! Talk about superb customer service! ;f

i_am_infinity
08-02-2005, 21:10
Sir,

san po yang true power? pls let us know how good the heads r thanks po

Regards

gunfool
08-02-2005, 21:26
Originally posted by mikey177
Ditto that. StrongHand's copper coated is a real pain to clean out; teflon is much better maintenance-wise. Sir gamit ko copper coated sa g17 ko dati from Lito Pible. No problem di ko nilinis barrel after 200 rounds.;f actually i still have 71 rounds.

jasonub
08-02-2005, 22:50
Sir,

san po yang true power? pls let us know how good the heads r thanks po

Regards

good enough to win most of the time;)

Allegra
08-03-2005, 00:35
Originally posted by jasonub
good enough to win most of the time;)

Jason
Pagtinatalo mo na si Lito
Dadasalan na nya bala mo hehe hindi na direcho ang talsik nun kaya bantayan mo nyahaha

mc_oliver
08-03-2005, 01:33
Originally posted by JuDGe
P1.95 only ;f ..... kay first option P2.30 na at yung kay jethro P2.50!
Psst! Wag mo ubusin heads ko ha. Mahal na pala eh...;f

JuDGe
08-03-2005, 02:14
Originally posted by mc_oliver
Psst! Wag mo ubusin heads ko ha. Mahal na pala eh...;f

eh paano yan... paubos na yung isang balot? tapos may clubshoot pa sa balayan saturday at clubshoot ulit sa armscor sunday.... ;f

Eye Cutter
08-03-2005, 04:33
meron pa ako 1000 pcs ng mga 185gr copper heads naitabi. nagtaas na rin yung source sa antipolo e.

jason: yung mga copper heads ba from antipolo ang ginamit mo at last week's pnpa shoot? pretty accurate naman di ba?

jasonub
08-03-2005, 05:39
i used lead on some of the stages. lalo na yung malayo target. not 100% sure of antipolo heads yet since discrepancy on weight is too much. from 181.1 to 191 grains!

batangueno
08-03-2005, 06:37
Yung pang 9mm/38super teflon heads ng True Power conical ba?

JuDGe
08-03-2005, 07:02
may conical 125grs at round nose 130grs

mc_oliver
08-03-2005, 07:39
meron pa ako 1000 pcs ng mga 185gr copper heads naitabi. nagtaas na rin yung source sa antipolo e.

Oist!!! Spoken for na yan, wag mo na i-broadcast. ;f

Btw, mey direct Iligan flight na raw by Sept. Kung mura, Level 3 tayo dun? ;f

mikol
08-03-2005, 08:08
eh paano yan... paubos na yung isang balot? tapos may clubshoot pa sa balayan saturday at clubshoot ulit sa armscor sunday.... ;f
judge ano kaya kung e ta-try kung maka-uwi ng weekend pra maka sama muna sa inyo saglit sa range bago ako sumakay pauwing cebu. ;f
keep me update nalang sir sa mga up coming matches for the month of december para ma ayos ko schedule ng uwi ko. ;f

JuDGe
08-03-2005, 08:20
Originally posted by mikol
judge ano kaya kung e ta-try kung maka-uwi ng weekend pra maka sama muna sa inyo saglit sa range bago ako sumakay pauwing cebu. ;f
keep me update nalang sir sa mga up coming matches for the month of december para ma ayos ko schedule ng uwi ko. ;f

aba eh ayos yan! baka maka sched ulit ng funshoot by that time ang bogs! ;f

mikol
08-03-2005, 08:29
aba eh ayos yan! baka maka sched ulit ng funshoot by that time ang bogs! ;f
mas maganda kung nandyan mga bogs para mas masaya! ;z btw judge usually what time is your range time on sat. and sun.? para maka kuha ako ng flight na mas maaga dating para di kapus yung oras ko with the bogs.;f

batangueno
08-03-2005, 08:33
may conical 125grs at round nose 130grs
Di kaya galing First Option din 'yan... Pabili ako minsan pag naubusan na ako. :)

batangueno
08-03-2005, 08:35
Btw, mey direct Iligan flight na raw by Sept. Kung mura, Level 3 tayo dun? ;f
Ayos 'yan. Level 3, 15 stages and 300 plus rounds. ;f

JuDGe
08-04-2005, 17:44
mas maganda kung nandyan mga bogs para mas masaya! ;z btw judge usually what time is your range time on sat. and sun.? para maka kuha ako ng flight na mas maaga dating para di kapus yung oras ko with the bogs.;f

dun tayo sa indoor range nina deenoh (WSC) mas malapit sa airport... pag saturdays ata nandun si deenoh ;f (meron ka na bang glock? mura lang sa WSC just look for deenoh.... hehehe!)

JuDGe
08-04-2005, 17:51
Originally posted by batangueno
Di kaya galing First Option din 'yan... Pabili ako minsan pag naubusan na ako. :)

baka nga! ;f kasi kulang din sa timbang eh ;f

yung 130grs na kinuha ko nag sampling ako ng weight, nasa 128-129grs average... try ko din kumuha nung 125grs nila next time baka mas consistent ang weight.

yung 180grs naman 177-178grs average...... pero yung 200grs mukhang okay at 199-201grs.

Eye Cutter
08-04-2005, 18:24
mag fmj na lang kayo! hahaha!

st. matthew
08-04-2005, 22:33
just visited ppsa site,tatlong level 3 coming up, busy na naman kayo nyan guys.nakakainggit talaga kayo.^7 ^7 ^7 goodluck,have fun and be safe guys.
huwag kalimutan pics and videos:) ;f ;f

doctabako
08-04-2005, 23:46
Originally posted by ppts799
DocTabako : i just came across muradito.com - saw a list of canon lenses.

Thanks for the link. Nice site, first time I've seen it. Would be better if they just posted the prices of the lenses instead of us having to email them for the price :)
I've completed my lens needs but a wider angle lens with a larger aperture like the 16-35mm f2.8L or the 24-70mm 2.8L would be nice and are next on my list, budget permitting. Problem is they cost 95K each;f
btw have you bought the D70, the D50 has also been getting nice reviews.

doctabako
08-05-2005, 05:40
Langhiya! tuwing weekend na lang at puputok ako inuulan a. ;Q
anyways, our club shoot will go on as planned. JuDGe PM sent :)

JuDGe
08-05-2005, 08:16
thanks doc.... see you there! ;f

ppts799
08-05-2005, 19:07
btw have you bought the D70, the D50 has also been getting nice reviews.
i've decided to get the D50 over the D70s (yabang, akala mo may pera). i don't usually use the internet to shop around but how come i see $399 for the D50 when the regular price is $800? should i worry about these stores? i saw at lease 3 of them. the cheapest trusted store sells it for $670 which would still give me big saving. what's the catch with the super cheap stores? frauds? gray market? incomplete set? second hand?

ppts799
08-05-2005, 19:58
EYECUTTER / DOCTABAKO : your insights please. how early would it take to detect such problems? pag may anak na, talagang prannnning ang magulang :)

Eyes Right
*Early screening can fix serious vision problems. How doctors and lawmakers are lobbying to ensure kids get access to the tests they need.*

*WEB EXCLUSIVE*
*By Traci E. Carpenter*
Newsweek
Updated: 8:08 a.m. ET Aug. 2, 2005

Aug. 2, 2005 - Kennedy Beiderman seemed like any normal kindergarten student. A bright and upbeat girl from Appleton, Wis., she loved roller-skating, bike riding and playing with her friends. But she struggled with her classes and couldn’t keep up with her peers. Kennedy’s mother, Jill, said she and her husband just “assumed that was normal, because Kennedy was a normal child." They never suspected their daughter had a vision problem.

But at the age of 5, Kennedy was sent to an ophthalmologist after a dog bit her near her eye. An eye exam revealed that Kennedy was already legally blind in one eye and was losing sight in the other. She was diagnosed with amblyopia, or lazy eye. The leading cause of vision loss in children, it affects about 500,000 preschoolers, according to the Vision Council of America, which represents eyeglass and lens manufacturers. Nonetheless, Kennedy's parents were shocked by the diagnosis. She had gotten yearly eye exams from her pediatrician and had undergone screenings in both preschool and kindergarten. None had indicated that she had vision problems.

Kennedy's story is not as unusual as it might seem. One in 10 children have eye problems that go undetected, according to the American Optometric Association, which represents more than 32,000 optometrists. The 2002 National Health Interview Study, conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Health Statistics, found that only one third of children under 6 have had vision screenings with a health-care professional. Nineteen states have no policies requiring any prior vision screening of any kind. Of the 30 states that have laws calling for preschool screenings, 19 of them do not require follow-up care for children if problems are detected. But that may soon change. In May, New Jersey Rep. Bill Pascrell introduced a national bill that would provide states with more funding to enact programs to screen at-risk children under age 9. So far, 146 representatives have endorsed The Children’s Vision Improvement and Learning Readiness Act, which has been referred to a House committee.

Lawmakers have also felt pressure to strengthen state legislation after a flurry of new studies showed vision care for children is lacking across America. Researchers have found that effective screening can actually help reverse some problems, like amblyopia, if detected early—and prevent some of the more serious consequences that can result from visual impairments. Infants suffering from poor eyesight may suffer developmental delays, for example, since they may not be able to appropriately imitate and learn behaviors. “I just can’t think of many areas that wouldn’t be affected,” says Dr. Marshalyn Yeargin-Allsopp, a medical epidemiologist and developmental pediatrician at the National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Simple screenings are not always enough, though, as Kennedy’s parents learned. A study released this month by the National Eye Institute at the National Institutes of Health finds that at best, preschool screenings only catch 68 percent of children with vision problems, while the worst screenings only catch 37 percent. That's because many screenings are done either by nurses or laypeople who've received training. The screenings tend to be less comprehensive than exams conducted by an optometrist or ophthalmologist, which the Vision Council of America recommends. Because vision impairment doesn’t manifest itself in an obvious way, it can often go undetected for years unless the child receives a comprehensive eye examination. “Vision problems are an invisible handicap, or invisible disability,” says Dr. Joel Zaba, an optometrist and child development specialist, who serves as a spokesman for the Vision Council of America. “You don’t see it when you see a child, you just see the symptoms. Many times those symptoms can be misdiagnosed for other types of problems and not for the real root of the problem.”

If children are avoiding close work, making reversals of letters and numbers when writing, or growing easily frustrated with homework, those may be signs that they have a problem. Too often, though, these indicators are thought to be results of learning disabilities or behavioral problems, and children may find themselves being disciplined, rather than getting the extra help they need. “Sometimes we get children who are not articulate, so no one starts to understand their problems until they’ve been in the system for three or four or five years,” Zaba said. “And then we find the social and emotional consequences of these undetected visual problems.”
Parents may also be under a misapprehension that their child’s vision has been checked during an annual physical.

Surveys done by BabyCenter.com, an online resource for parents, show many mothers believe their child’s pediatrician has the time and resources to identify eye problems. But this is not always the case. The Vision Council of America suggests a child see an optometrist before the age of the 3, while the AOA recommends multiple checkups between 6 and 9 months, at 3 years, and before entering school. In order to facilitate this need for early screenings, the AOA and the Vision Care Institute at Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Inc., launched InfantSee earlier this summer to ensure every infant has free access to these services. Nearly 7,000 optometrists, representing all the states, have already signed up to participate in the program, offering to give an infant one comprehensive examination at no cost to the parents. Participating doctors can be found on InfantSee’s Web site at *www.infantsee.org* <http://www.infantsee.org/>.

Once a diagnosis is made—and the earlier the better—treatment can begin. Once Kennedy's vision problems were discovered, she was immediately put under a strict regimen that included eye drops, patching her good eye to force her to use her weaker eye and wearing prescription glasses. Sure enough, her vision improved. And so did her schoolwork. Her mother says that since teachers and school administrators have been aware of Kennedy’s vision problems, they have been extremely helpful in meeting her needs. She is allowed to do most of her reading at home. Homework breaks are allowed. In the classroom, Kennedy uses black and white paper so she can see the lines, and is given assignments in large print. No longer are recesses taken away if she hasn’t completed every class assignment before lunch. And, best of all, she doesn’t come home crying anymore. Now, at 7, “she’s back to her normal self,” says her mother. And she is working with the Vision Council of America to make sure other kids don't have to wait as long as she did to correct their vision. Hindsight may be 20-20, but there’s clearly no substitute for an early eye exam.

Eye Cutter
08-05-2005, 23:23
your pediatrician should do her eye exams and screening. bring her to us when she starts pre-school

mikol
08-05-2005, 23:30
dun tayo sa indoor range nina deenoh (WSC) mas malapit sa airport... pag saturdays ata nandun si deenoh ;f (meron ka na bang glock? mura lang sa WSC just look for deenoh.... hehehe!)
ayos yun judge, mas malapit mas ok. wala pa akong glock judge, but if ever i'll decide to go home for good na, i might get myself 1.
or maybe deretso na ng competition boomer para isang gastos nalang.;f nakaka inganyo kasi open nila doc alvin tsaka kapatid na batang.;f
sir judge, i'll send you pm as soon as i finalize my sched para ma schedule mo bog's and kita-kits tayo doon kina deenoh!:cool:

doctabako
08-06-2005, 03:54
A simple test would be to occlude the infant's eye one at a time and note for any restlessness when an eye is occluded. Most cases of amblyopia result from uncorrected refractive errors which can start at any age(yes, even babies are sometimes prescribed glasses). Your pediatrician should catch this but its usually the parents who notice that something is amiss. Things like eye deviations, excessive blinking, patagilid tumingin etc. etc. If the child is over 6 years amblyopia is usually hard to correct.

doctabako
08-06-2005, 05:02
i've decided to get the D50 over the D70s (yabang, akala mo may pera). i don't usually use the internet to shop around but how come i see $399 for the D50 when the regular price is $800? should i worry about these stores? i saw at lease 3 of them. the cheapest trusted store sells it for $670 which would still give me big saving. what's the catch with the super cheap stores? frauds? gray market? incomplete set? second hand?

Good choice. Your best bet would be to buy at the reputable camera stores preferably the official distributors so you can inspect the merchandise and see if its really to your liking and spot problems right there and then. Lemons are not unheard of and a warranty is essential. :)

Eye Cutter
08-08-2005, 06:17
ganda ng sti ni infinity!

jj: congrats on your new toy!

i_am_infinity
08-08-2005, 06:29
Hehe Thanks Doc...thought i'd post a pic of my toy....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/i_am_infinity/119_1907.jpg

doctabako
08-08-2005, 06:38
Very nice! May I know what kind of base pads those are?

i_am_infinity
08-08-2005, 06:44
gawa lang po ng 'smith ko. thanks

doctabako
08-08-2005, 07:04
gawa lang po ng 'smith ko. thanks

Just a few more questions. How many rounds can you fit in those mags using those pads? and if you can will you please divulge who your gunsmith is(I seem to have missed it if you mentioned him in the other threads already). Medyo bugbog na rin kasi mga base pad nung unit ko e. Thanks :)

batangueno
08-08-2005, 07:18
Ganda ng baril mo jj. It's worth the wait. ^c

DocT, si Tony Olinares yata gunsmith nya.

doctabako
08-08-2005, 07:37

DocT, si Tony Olinares yata gunsmith nya.

Do you have an address and or no. Just want to broaden my options but if its too much of a hassle maybe I'll just get more of those cheap ones that I use now which I got from True Weight(Tony Pascual ata gumawa) Thanks Kabayan :)

batangueno
08-08-2005, 07:41
Do you have an address and or no. Just want to broaden my options but if its too much of a hassle maybe I'll just get more of those cheap ones that I use now which I got from True Weight(Tony Pascual ata gumawa) Thanks Kabayan :)
Wala akong number. Alam ko mahaba ang pila dyan kay Tony.

Pangit nga yung basepads ni Tony Pascual pero yun din ang gamit ko sa Para mags ko. ;f Maganda rin yung gawa ng First Option, allen screw yung lock unlike the pin type of TP.

doctabako
08-08-2005, 08:42
Wala akong number. Alam ko mahaba ang pila dyan kay Tony.

Pangit nga yung basepads ni Tony Pascual pero yun din ang gamit ko sa Para mags ko. ;f Maganda rin yung gawa ng First Option, allen screw yung lock unlike the pin type of TP.

Thanks for the info.:)
Kungsabagay, okay na rin tong kay Tony Pascual, hindi nakakapanghinayng i-release sa graba at bato madali lang palitan kasi nga mura. ;f I'll also check out those pads from first option that you mentioned.

i_am_infinity
08-08-2005, 10:16
Just some info po re: my STI

Barsto Barrel
STI Dawson Slide
SV internals
APS Grip (Jim Shanahan)
Parkerize Grey Finish

Thanks po...oh and last pic na po ito.. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/i_am_infinity/119_1916.jpg

doctabako
08-08-2005, 13:03
i_am_infinity

Thanks for the PM. :)

Eye Cutter
08-08-2005, 17:05
antindi ng pistol ni jj! ang ganda, specially the DP slide!

docT: yung TP pads kasi ordinary aluminum lang. first option uses aircraft aluminum which is harder kaya hindi madali mabasag. Even the slide rackers for open pistols kelangan aircraft aluminum para hindi mabali agad. downside lang is it's 200-250 pesos more expensive per piece

jasonub
08-08-2005, 18:41
how much is first option basepads?

my basepads are: 1 tony pascual, 2 col bayangs

the col bayang pads are soft pero buhay pa thus has not been replaced. hindi din consistent ang size and shape.

Eye Cutter
08-08-2005, 19:06
850 ea last time i asked

doctabako
08-08-2005, 22:58
My True Weight/TP pads are still intact yun nga lang marami nang bangas. The thing with TP pads is that you have to choose them individually and look at the groove which joins with the magazine tube flanges as you can sometimes get one that has shoulders that are too narrow which can strip. Manny Chua guarantees them though and replaces them outright, no charge if they strip( have returned 2 so far).
I'll definitely check out those from first option(its also in Araneta ave right).

Incidentally, according to JJ, his pads are the same price as the TP pads and look well made. If its aircraft aluminum like first option's pads then that would be great.

doctabako
08-08-2005, 23:26
siguro DocT nakasanayan na nila. dito kasi di sila basta-basta nakakalapit sa babae kahit na kalahi pa nila.
kung wala silang pera pang-bili ng asawa di sila makaka-iskor. kaya sa mga ka tropa nilang lalaki sila ngayon makipag-bonding(ala wp22)sa kaka-bonding siguro at gustong maka-iskor, ayun sila-sila nalang ang nag-tutumbongan. kaya siguro na-uso na sa kanila yung ganon. ;g ;e

I see, wala palang pinagiba sa mga preso dito sa bilibid. Pero kahit na siguro wala ng babae sa mundo di ko pa rin kaya yon^8
magtitiis na lang ako kay Mariang Palad.;f
Eto lang masasabe ko sa kanila ;0 ;0 ;0 ;f

Eye Cutter
08-08-2005, 23:36
First Option is located at Bulacan St. West Ave. QC. Its at the back of Photokina bldg.

i think jj's pads are made of a different type of aluminum that tp uses. ok lang naman wag lang mabiyak/mabasag

mikol
08-08-2005, 23:38
I see, wala palang pinagiba sa mga preso dito sa bilibid. Pero kahit na siguro wala ng babae sa mundo di ko pa rin kaya yon^8
magtitiis na lang ako kay Mariang Palad.;f
Eto lang masasabe ko sa kanila ;0 ;0 ;0 ;f
;z . sa napakaraming bawal dito sa kanila, natututo tuloy sila na gumawa ng paraan para mapasaya ang sarili nila.;f
and besides, it's very easy to hook-up in the satellite without subscribing. napaka dami receiver/decoder dito na kayang-kayang kumuha ng xxx signal na galing sa ibang bansa. kaya siguro natututo silang gumawa ng ganoon dahil sa kakapanood.;e ;)

doctabako
08-08-2005, 23:45
First Option is located at Bulacan St. West Ave. QC. Its at the back of Photokina bldg.

i think jj's pads are made of a different type of aluminum that tp uses. ok lang naman wag lang mabiyak/mabasag

oops, mali pala ako. Thanks for the address :)

doctabako
08-10-2005, 04:05
Kakasawa na tong ulan a! one week nang tuloy tuloy,hindi ko na nakikita ang araw;f

batangueno
08-10-2005, 09:00
Kaninang tanghali umaraw ng konti dito. Umulan na sa weekdays wag lang sa weekends at maiistorbo ang pagputok natin...hehe. ;f

doctabako
08-10-2005, 10:25
Siyang tunay, lalo na sa August 28 :)

JuDGe
08-10-2005, 19:13
'langhiya!.... buhos na naman ang ulan! ;1

paano ba yan docT.... game ka pa ba sa sabado kina wilson? ;f

excited na din nga ako mag idpa sa aug28.... at huwag kakalimutan yung BBQ kina Andrew sa 7Lakes on Sept10, eheste yung Classification Match pala! ;f

doctabako
08-11-2005, 00:41
'langhiya!.... buhos na naman ang ulan! ;1

paano ba yan docT.... game ka pa ba sa sabado kina wilson? ;f

excited na din nga ako mag idpa sa aug28.... at huwag kakalimutan yung BBQ kina Andrew sa 7Lakes on Sept10, eheste yung Classification Match pala! ;f

kakabwisyet na nga e! ;f di pa rin umaaraw dito, laging kulimlim, mukhang malabo yung kay Wilson ah,maliligo na naman tayo nun. Paparating pa lang yung bagyo ang lakas na ng higop sa Habagat, pwera lang kung maaraw paggising ko sa sabado :)

We also have a PPSA level 1 shoot on Saturday, Sept. 4, weather permitting of course.;f Rain rain go away, big tabako wants to play `l

Eye Cutter
08-11-2005, 09:02
mco: napuntahan mo na diyan yung DSAS? magturo ka dyan ng ipsc on the side para meron pang-shopping!

mc_oliver
08-11-2005, 19:54
mco: napuntahan mo na diyan yung DSAS? magturo ka dyan ng ipsc on the side para meron pang-shopping!
'Di pa eh, di kasi ako makalabas ng bahay. Full-time houseband ako now.;f Pero next week darating na si yaya...hehehehe.

doctabako
08-12-2005, 00:45
Doc Eye Cutter

Just in case you haven't pre-registered for the PAO-AAO annual convention. Good news, the PAO has decided to subsidize the Registration fee so instead of 200 dollars you only have to pay the equivalent of 100 dollars(at the time I paid last week 5,600 php) as long as you're in good standing. :) See you there.

Eye Cutter
08-12-2005, 01:06
Thanks!

doctabako
08-13-2005, 01:00
Wonder of wonders, the sun is up today :) after almost 2 weeks of "darkness" and depressing rain. Wasn't able to change my sched to attend the Wilson shoot though, I thought the rains would extend through the weekend. ;f Next time.

batangueno
08-13-2005, 05:54
Yung putok sa karingal postponed din pala. Akala kasi nila uulan, ayun hindi nga umulan ng buong araw. ;f

JuDGe
08-13-2005, 07:51
sabi na talaga may mumu dyan eh! ;f

doctabako
08-13-2005, 10:27
Aaaaawwwwoooooooooo! ;f

jasonub
08-14-2005, 03:07
850 ea last time i asked

thanks doc

JuDGe
08-14-2005, 22:18
Pang international na pala!

One of the sponsors sa World Shoot xiv! ~hg

Single Stacker you should be proud of your holter! ^c

At may website pa.... JR Holster (http://www.jrholster.com/)

Eye Cutter
08-14-2005, 23:38
Naknangweteng! sikat na si Jun Gino! pati si SIngle Stacker! hahaha! Wag ka na magpalit ng holster, alex! kelangan na gamitin ulit yung jr hol_ter ko!

kaya lang bakit ganun grammar sa website? nahilo ako mag decipher ng english! hahaha!

;e

doctabako
08-15-2005, 04:36
;f ;f Kaya pala hindi ko mapalit-palitan, sisikat din pala.;f

Seriously, my "Macro" holster with the older smoother finish has served me well for the past 3 years. Proudly pinoy made^c

doctabako
08-17-2005, 01:57
Taas ko lang;f

Tuloy ba yung sa Aug 28, BOG IDPA/IPSC shoot?, parang tumahimik e:)

9MX
08-17-2005, 02:53
Taas ko lang;f

Tuloy ba yung sa Aug 28, BOG IDPA/IPSC shoot?, parang tumahimik e:)

tuloy na tuloy doc t:cool:

doctabako
08-17-2005, 03:12
That's good, thanks, see you there :) Any idea on how many rounds we need?

Eye Cutter
08-17-2005, 04:09
gundog: follow up mo naman kay Major Tuliao ilan stages and ilan rounds yung idpa!

i_am_infinity
08-17-2005, 07:05
Doc EC,

Nice meeting u..finally!!!! ung promise mo ha...tuturuan mo ako ha ;)

tanduay
08-17-2005, 07:36
Doc,

Turuan mo muna si Jay mag pulot ng basyo nyo. ;f

i_am_infinity
08-17-2005, 07:49
:steamed: ;2 ;6 ;B ;5 ;U ;! ^2 ^9;L

Eye Cutter
08-17-2005, 08:00
was able to watch the ho, hum re-titled shoot fest/lock and load show tonight. they featured old video footage of IDPA as one of the segments. circa 2002-2003 pa yun! Saw homogenizer and saruman shooting their glocks!

loy, kelan ka ba mag kuha ng bagong videos?

tanduay
08-17-2005, 17:39
D ko type, boring. Pero doc, after ng LnL maganda. Tulo laway ako. ^<wg

mikey177
08-17-2005, 19:04
was able to watch the ho, hum re-titled shoot fest/lock and load show tonight...

Doc,

What time and what channel does the show air on?

Eye Cutter
08-17-2005, 22:36
Every Wednesday 9-930pm sa Sports Plus Channel. Ch 46 sa destiny, 37 yata sa sky and homecable

Tama si tanduay, mas ok pa yung kasunod na show! hehehe! Bikini Destinations!

tanduay
08-18-2005, 00:23
Every Wednesday 9-930pm sa Sports Plus Channel. Ch 46 sa destiny, 37 yata sa sky and homecable

Tama si tanduay, mas ok pa yung kasunod na show! hehehe! Bikini Destinations!

Doc naman, na obvious tuloy, kung pwede gabi gabi ang bikini destination ;3

mikey177
08-18-2005, 23:12
Thanks, Doc. I'll see if I can catch that Bikini Destinations show next Wednesday ;f

doctabako
08-18-2005, 23:24
Walang Sports Plus dito sa amin. ;Q FTV Midnight Hot na lang ;f

tanduay
08-19-2005, 00:24
ahhh! lingerie lingegrie lingegrie;3 ;3

Eye Cutter
08-19-2005, 03:35
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/9MX/BOGS/bogsverg.jpg

vergeman (http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=403167&perpage=25&highlight=&pagenumber=8)

tanduay
08-19-2005, 04:16
sa pbd range yan?

Eye Cutter
08-19-2005, 04:22
sa karingal. pbd is an indoor range.

vergeman wanted to see his picture taken during their last clubshoot.

mcoliver, vergeman, judge, shihan, gundog

mc_oliver
08-19-2005, 06:50
Mey results bang lumabas dyan sa match na yan? ;Q

And please, regarding the Shootfest show, can somebody record the show after it already!!!;f;f

toxic
08-20-2005, 02:45
Walang Sports Plus dito sa amin. ;Q FTV Midnight Hot na lang ;f

uy meron dito nyan.

mikol
08-20-2005, 04:20
Originally posted by toxic
uy meron dito nyan.
kapatid na toxic pwede paki PM naman sakin ang detailed location ng satellite(atlantic, pacific, nilesat etc.)na nakakakuha ng Sports Plus Channel? tsaka paano at saan dapat nakatutok yung disc(deg. & elev.)tsaka setting ng decoder? tsaka kung ano card gamit(nagra,iredito,seca etc.) thanks in advance kapatid. ;f

tanduay
08-20-2005, 04:49
kapatid na toxic pwede paki PM naman sakin ang detailed location ng satellite(atlantic, pacific, nilesat etc.)na nakakakuha ng Sports Plus Channel? tsaka paano at saan dapat nakatutok yung disc(deg. & elev.)tsaka setting ng decoder? tsaka kung ano card gamit(nagra,iredito,seca etc.) thanks in advance kapatid. ;f

Mukhand d ka makatiis ah! sa airforce one nalang tayo ;f

v1ct0r
08-20-2005, 05:08

Measat1, GI decoder nyan.

toxic
08-20-2005, 05:38

aalamin ko Sadik..provided ng hospital yung sa akin pero some of our kabayan have some ..you know what naka plug in lang ako;f ill let you know.by PM

mikol
08-20-2005, 07:46
Originally posted by tanduay
Mukhand d ka makatiis ah! sa airforce one nalang tayo ;f
chard, yung lock & load gusto ko panoorin di yung pagkatapus noon.;f mi mas magaganda dito channel na talagang pang-malakasan kung gugustuhin lang, pwede namin makuha signal na dina kailangan ng card.:cool:

v1ctor, sa atlantic sat naka tutok disc namin bro at X5 yung decoder namin. meron dito multivision channel, naku...!!hardcore tuwing madaling araw. kaso di ako mahilig manood ng ganyan, nakaka homesick lng lalo.;g

toxic, i'll wait for your pm nalang bai. sama mo narin sa pm mo kung ano araw at oras pwede mapanood lock and load k? TIA :)

toxic
08-21-2005, 02:47
Sadik PM sent ..from the spec i sent you can play with the channels daw marami nasasagap. enjoy..me pampahome sick din;f

toxic
08-21-2005, 02:47
Sadik PM sent ..from the spec i sent you can play with the channels daw marami nasasagap. enjoy..me pampahome sick din;f

mikol
08-21-2005, 03:39
shoukran ketir sadik! ;f

v1ct0r
08-21-2005, 16:52

v1ctor, sa atlantic sat naka tutok disc namin bro at X5 yung decoder namin. meron dito multivision channel, naku...!!hardcore tuwing madaling araw. kaso di ako mahilig manood ng ganyan, nakaka homesick lng lalo.;g

Bro pm mo sakin yan... ;f

Eye Cutter
08-21-2005, 17:02
Reminding everybody about Team ARMSCOR IDPA match

Sunday, August 28

mikol
08-22-2005, 00:09
Originally posted by v1ct0r
Bro pm mo sakin yan... ;f
i'll send you a pm bro maybe 2morow. kalikutin ko muna decoder mamayang gabi para e set-up yung binigay ni toxic. ;f

doctabako
08-22-2005, 00:53
Mikol

Thanks for the PM, tried to reply to you but your mailbox is full. Anyway, I'll just get it from the first one, mas barato ;f

toxic
08-22-2005, 00:57
Pics and vids ng match please paki post po for all of us na di makakasale.

mikol
08-22-2005, 01:45
Mikol

Thanks for the PM, tried to reply to you but your mailbox is full. Anyway, I'll just get it from the first one, mas barato ;f
waay problema DocT. i'll try to email SAM if they have this service and how much for a non-apperance. kung naay mas bararto sa Cebu MAS OK. ;f

doctabako
08-23-2005, 04:46
Has anyone been following Pinoy Big Brother? Yummy ni Cass noh ;3 Cass is included in the 100 sexiest by FHM and her sexy pictorials look really hot. ;f

doctabako
08-25-2005, 10:31
Mukhang ako lang ata nanonood ng PBB dito a ;f Anyway, okay din pala si Say, di kagandahan ang mukha(sabagay di din pala ganun kaganda mukha ni Cass pero hanep sa body) pero okay ang overall projection. Ang puti pa! ^7 ;f

batangueno
08-25-2005, 10:40
Napanood ko kanina, some of it. Parang naglalaro ka ng Sims, pati music parang pareho. ;f

doctabako
08-25-2005, 11:47
Napanood ko kanina, some of it. Parang naglalaro ka ng Sims, pati music parang pareho. ;f

Mismo :) Live na Sims which I also used to play pero nagsawa rin.

In case the others don't know what I'm talking about. Here's a picture of Cass
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/pinoybigbrother/pbb156.jpg

Say

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/pinoybigbrother/pbb144.jpg

JuDGe
08-25-2005, 17:41
Mukhang ako lang ata nanonood ng PBB dito a ;f

Pasensiya na DocT ha.... kapuso ako eh ;f

http://www2.igma.tv/layout/encantadia/g15.jpg

http://www2.igma.tv/layout/encantadia/g5.jpg

http://www2.igma.tv/gallery/sugo_pic28.jpg

http://www2.igma.tv/gallery/sugo_pic10.jpg

i_am_infinity
08-25-2005, 17:43
hanggang dito ba namaneh NETWORK WARS pa rin ;f ;a ;z ;g

doctabako
08-26-2005, 00:22
Pasensiya na DocT ha.... kapuso ako eh ;f

http://www2.igma.tv/layout/encantadia/g15.jpg

Mas maganda talaga yang si Diana Zubiri^7 Wankatakamtakam ;f

ppts799
08-26-2005, 02:02
by the way, DocT, i couldn't resist it anymore, i got myself the D50 last saturday. I LOVE IT!

in love and BROKE! ;)

SMBeerDealer
08-26-2005, 02:30
Doc T,

Si Cass ba is Cassandra Ponti? Sexy talaga yun! Kasali pala sya dun ah. When does it air? Have a friend who's in it also. Riding with him on Tue. Sabihin ko nga yayain nya mga babes doon. ;f

Judge,

Sino yung girl sa Sugo?

Thanks. :)

doctabako
08-26-2005, 03:13
ppts799

Congratulations ^c It doesn't end there, pretty soon you will want to get those nice expensive ED VR lenses ;f Happy shooting! Post some of your best shots.

Canon is coming out with a relatively cheaper version of their ultra-expensive 1DSMk2 with 12.8 MP and a full frame sensor(no crop factor)and a whole bunch of nice features in a nice compact body, the Canon 5D (http://www.dpreview.com/articles/canoneos5d/). Dinedemonyo na naman ako;P But at approximately 200K projected retail price, it isn't really that cheap ~sd and I don't plan to replace my 20D as of yet. Pero pag hindi makapigil baka mapurnada na naman yung open gun ko. ;f ;f ;f

SMBeerDealer

Yes it's Cassandra Ponti, the FHM model :drool:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/pinoybigbrother/pbb169.jpg
Pinoy Big Brother airs, around 8:30 pm(or is it 9 pm) everyday after Kampanerang Kuba on ABS-CBN. They also have an update around midnight and 24/7 live streams on the web(may bayad nga lang). You can find out more about it from their site Pinoy Big Brother (http://www.pinoybigbrother.com/)

100 days pa bago makalabas ang mga yon :)

JuDGe
08-26-2005, 04:16
Originally posted by SMBeerDealer
Judge,

Sino yung girl sa Sugo?

Thanks. :)

Siya si Isabel...... ang Alay ng mga Binhi-lan! ;)

tanduay
08-26-2005, 08:26
;3

ppts799
08-26-2005, 10:50
thanks DocT! i was at hidalgo yesterday and i was eyeing some lenses. buti i was able to control myself (for now).

sir, would you happen to know anything about 2X converter for Nikon? i don't know anything about specs and brand.

i also read nikon might come out with D3 and D200 is it?

doctabako
08-26-2005, 11:11
ppts799

you may want to try this site for info http://www.naturfotograf.com/lens_converter.html on Nikon TC's. I'm not familiar with Nikon's system but I have the Canon 2X TC and it works great as long as you attach it to a fast lens(I use it on my 200/f2.8 with it which makes it a 400/f5.6)). You have to remember that you lose 2 stops with a 2X converter so if you start with a slower than f2.8 lens, you will lose AF(you'll have to focus manually). Also expect a variable degree of degradation depending on the main lens.

You can also use other converters as long as its for your camera's mount. Some people have had good experiences with Kenko,Sigma and Tamron converters and its much cheaper than Nikon's. Good luck on your search :)

mc_oliver
08-26-2005, 16:36
thanks DocT! i was at hidalgo yesterday and i was eyeing some lenses. buti i was able to control myself (for now).

sir, would you happen to know anything about 2X converter for Nikon? i don't know anything about specs and brand.

i also read nikon might come out with D3 and D200 is it?
Pi, magkano kuha mo nyan dyan sa atin? Bagsik ng presyo nyan dito sa Singapore kasi eh. I tried looking at the alternatives pero pucha nahilo ako sa dami ng digi at vid cams dito.

Another weird thing is mey fixation yata mga tao dito sa mouse ng PC. Super dami in different sizes, colors, connection options, button config, etc!. ;g

SMBeerDealer
08-27-2005, 01:48

100 days pa bago makalabas ang mga yon :)

Ok. I get it now. My friend was with the premiere/launch episode lang pala. Iba na pala yung ngayon. Paaabangan ko na ngayon palang. ;f

ppts799
08-27-2005, 08:53
Pi, magkano kuha mo nyan dyan sa atin? ;g
if i'm not mistaken, hidalgo will be selling it at around 46k in a couple of weeks.

ppts799
08-27-2005, 10:14
ppts799

you may want to try this site for info http://www.naturfotograf.com/lens_converter.html on Nikon TC's. I'm not familiar with Nikon's system but I have the Canon 2X TC and it works great as long as you attach it to a fast lens(I use it on my 200/f2.8 with it which makes it a 400/f5.6)). You have to remember that you lose 2 stops with a 2X converter so if you start with a slower than f2.8 lens, you will lose AF(you'll have to focus manually). Also expect a variable degree of degradation depending on the main lens.

You can also use other converters as long as its for your camera's mount. Some people have had good experiences with Kenko,Sigma and Tamron converters and its much cheaper than Nikon's. Good luck on your search :)

oh, i didn't know that. many thanks for the inputs. do you log in to any local photo forums like pinoyphotography?

doctabako
08-27-2005, 12:08
oh, i didn't know that. many thanks for the inputs. do you log in to any local photo forums like pinoyphotography?

No, sorry, I don't know any local photo forums. I am a member of dpreview, stevesforums, dphoto and photography-on-the.net forums :) Glad to help.

ppts799
08-28-2005, 23:19
you can try pinoyphotography.com
but you have to be signed in to be able to see all the threads. so far wala pa namang troll dun . . . we can be the first;a ;a

there is also a phphoto in yahoo groups. but i'm still trying to register.

kristiansen
08-29-2005, 07:55
kumusta kuya pio?;c yes,dpreview is good as docT pointed out.I have'nt got my dream camera yet(D350) since my piggy bank is not yet fullhehe.pls. check out my fellow birdwatcher's website,He is my idol!!

www.pbase.com/liquidstone

ppts799
08-29-2005, 08:50
Originally posted by kristiansen
kumusta kuya pio?;c yes,dpreview is good as docT pointed out.I have'nt got my dream camera yet(D350) since my piggy bank is not yet fullhehe.pls. check out my fellow birdwatcher's website,He is my idol!!

www.pbase.com/liquidstone

ah yes, i've seen liquidstones work at pinoyphotography dot com. you should take a look at his moon shots. akala mo from a space shuttle pinicturan. i've seen the 300D take marvelous pictures too (of course the guy behind the viewfinder had a lot to do with it) and it is a lot cheaper now than the 350D. i'm sure you could find great deals for 2nd hand 350D's also. if you are open to the nikon system, check out the reviews of the D70s and the D50. by this time also, the earlier D70 price is way down since tge introduction of 2 new models. someone in bidshot is even selling D70 kit (18-70mm lens) for 42k. that's not bad at all.

doctabako
08-29-2005, 10:57
That guy, liquidstone, is more dedicated as anyone can get with his hobby. To further improve his craft he has no qualms in getting the best equipment to get that elusive perfect shot of his favorite birds. He even added that big sigma "monster" lens, the 300mm-800mm DG which looks more like a bazooka, than a lens, to his armamentarium. Probably spends a huge portion of his income on his equipment and out of town trips to go to his favorite birdwatching haunts :) As a result his claim that he probably has the largest collection of bird photos taken by an individual is quite accurate.

doctabako
08-29-2005, 13:17
you can try pinoyphotography.com
but you have to be signed in to be able to see all the threads. so far wala pa namang troll dun . . . we can be the first;a ;a

Just joined this forum under a different username(but you'll recognize me :)). Bago lang pala, I think they started just last Aug 25. Visually appealing yung set-up and it looks promising.

ppts799
08-29-2005, 18:59
from what i've read, the forum started around june2005. but if i'm right, they just had a different forum name before and strated much earlier.

check out the shots of tekgik also. he takes great "ordinary day" shots without using such hi tech lenses.

doctabako
08-30-2005, 09:01
They may have done a reformat. Can't find a Tekgik there, are we talking about the same forum, hehe :) Is this it? http://www.pinoyphotography.com/forum/index.php?act=idx

ppts799
08-30-2005, 22:34
MY BAD, doctabako! i meant pinoyphotography.org NOT .com

if you want to see liquidstone in action there will be photo ops in pampanga on sept 10. ayoko out of town so i'll just be joining the group this sunday morning for macro photography at La Mesa Eco Park.

also try the yahoogroup phphoto. i find it hard to read and follow pero nandun yung mga bigatin na photographers. moderator says they get as high as 300 posts per day.

doctabako
08-31-2005, 01:18
;f So that's why. I'll check out the .org version. Thanks :). You can also check out the .com version, they're quite friendly there too and as of now have only 29 members.

I'm a member of yahoogroups phphoto but don't post there. I don't like the interface :)

doctabako
09-01-2005, 02:16
Registered in the .org version too. You're right its a great pinoy forum with more members contributing and a simpler interface. :)

ppts799
09-01-2005, 08:29
i also like the shots of arbil, nice macros. ang galeng din ni wannabee with his glamor shots (ok, nice looking at the girls).

i'm tempted to buy a sigma 70-300/3.5 apo macro at JT photoworld (official distributor of sigma?). also eyeing a 50mm/2.8 nikkor.

doctabako
09-01-2005, 08:51
Yes, JT is the official distributor of Sigma.
Instead of the Sigma 70-300, I would suggest the Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 ,faster lens and with better reviews. If you need more range you can buy a 2X extender. If you're buying because of the macro capability, there are other alternatives like extension tubes and close-up lens filters.

The 50mm 2.8 or faster is a must for those portrait shots (it translates to a 75mm in your Nikon body because of the crop factor) :)

ppts799
09-01-2005, 20:52
errr . . . i'm sure the 2.8 zoom would be at least 4X the price of the 2.5 i plan :) i'm but a small boy, with a small amount of cash ;1 ;1 i'll see, i'm keeping my options open.

so far i have 18-55/3.5G, 28-80/3.5D, 80-200/4.5D, 70-300/4G, all nikkor. i know, i should sell my 80-200 nalang.

tanduay
09-02-2005, 17:10
k ang mga lens mo. kulang ka nalang 12-24. Maganda ang sigma 12-24 lens.

doctabako
09-04-2005, 10:41

so far i have 18-55/3.5G, 28-80/3.5D, 80-200/4.5D, 70-300/4G, all nikkor. i know, i should sell my 80-200 nalang.

You've got good coverage already. What you need is a faster lens for those indoor shots were flash is prohibited. A 35 f/2 or 50mm 1.8 lens would be nice.

ppts799
09-04-2005, 22:16
thanks tanduay and doct!

i already got a 50mm 1.8 and an 85mm 1.8 nikkor. habol ko nalang is a zoom 2.8 or lower, then TAMA NA ang gastos sa lens! SB800 flash nalang, at image tank, at tamrac bag, at . . . ;Q

(baka naka 15%off pa ang JTphoto sa tamrac)

tanduay
09-04-2005, 23:34
thanks tanduay and doct!

i already got a 50mm 1.8 and an 85mm 1.8 nikkor. habol ko nalang is a zoom 2.8 or lower, then TAMA NA ang gastos sa lens! SB800 flash nalang, at image tank, at tamrac bag, at . . . ;Q

Kuha ko puro zoom para tipid and f2.8 lahat. kuha kana sb800 maganda or quantum flash. image tank flash trax ang plano ko kaso la pa budget. Meron ako lowepro photo trek back pack maganda. Stronghand ang distributor ng lowepro.

doctabako
09-04-2005, 23:42
thanks tanduay and doct!

;f gastos talaga yan, very satisfying naman :) Lowepro bags are also available at Infomaxx stores. I have the Toploader 75 AW and the Nova 5 AW. Very nice and durable photo bags with lots of designs to choose from.

doctabako
09-13-2005, 06:31
Taas ko lang. :)

batangueno
09-13-2005, 07:42
eto maganda pang salubong sa carjacker. ;f

http://www.transformationaldefenseindustries.com/media/KRISS_Table.jpg

http://www.defensereview.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=784

doctabako
09-13-2005, 08:41
Kaiba yan a ;f but it looks cool. Hirap siguro i-zero ang sight nyan, layo ng optical sight sa barrel. Anyway its a sub-gun so wala ng sipat sipat, ratrat na lang;f

doctabako
09-14-2005, 23:16
Ang lakas na naman ng ulan ~sd Mukhang mapupurnada na naman ang mga putok natin.:(

Eye Cutter
09-15-2005, 01:01
level 2 this weekend sa Fort Bonifacio (SEB Range). Sana tumigil na ulan! in the groove pa naman kami nila gundog

doctabako
09-15-2005, 10:18
Would have loved to go there at the same time see the SEB range as I haven't been there but can only go to Manila on Saturday evening and its my nephew's 1st birthday on Sunday. Haay Buhay. Will just shoot at Batangas on the 25th.

batangueno
09-15-2005, 23:57
Ayaw pa rin tumigil ng ulan!!!! ^9

doctabako
09-16-2005, 00:08
Namimiss ko na naman ang araw, 3days ko nang hindi nakikita ;1 ;f

ppts799
09-16-2005, 00:48
2 weeks na yatang walang moon!

... hehehe, obvious na may balak :)

gunfool
09-16-2005, 04:19
Ang lakas na naman ng ulan ~sd Mukhang mapupurnada na naman ang mga putok natin.:( heheheh dok daig kita, kagabi habang kalakasan nang ulan pumutok ako sa VIP room.;z ;z

batangueno
09-16-2005, 04:19

...balak pumunta sa buwan? ;f

tanduay
09-16-2005, 05:06
...balak pumunta sa buwan? ;f

wag kalimutan ang bumbilya ;z

doctabako
09-16-2005, 05:37
Originally posted by gunfool
heheheh dok daig kita, kagabi habang kalakasan nang ulan pumutok ako sa VIP room.;z ;z

;z FR naman diyan ;f

doctabako
09-16-2005, 06:42

Lalabas din yan ;f Good Luck with your moon shot :)

btw, I used the picture you shot of me at Armscor as my avatar at the PiPho.org forum, hope you don't mind. That's the problem with being a photographer, its hard to find shots of yourself.
Do you post there often? Can't find you there(probably because I can't recognize what username you used ;f).

ppts799
09-17-2005, 09:44
no problem with the pic docT.
siguro 5 posts palang ako dun, medyo shy pa ako eh :)
my handle is gaston799 (baduy!)

doctabako
09-17-2005, 10:45
no problem with the pic docT.
siguro 5 posts palang ako dun, medyo shy pa ako eh :)
my handle is gaston799 (baduy!)

Gaston, as in Gaston Glock :) cool naman ah! :cool:

replied at your thread there.

ppts799
09-18-2005, 20:14
docT : yup, naduduling nanga ako sa net tutorials :) join us sa photo ops, other members will take candid shots of you. check out "share a photo" "macro outing lamesa eco park". may group pic din kami.

eye cutter : PiPho member ka narin pala! ^c ^c ok with the book, next time we see each other. thanks!

doctabako
09-19-2005, 00:42
Kung pwede lang. ~sd, can't even find time to go to PPSA matches in Manila, photo ops pa :) But I'll check out the schedules at PiPho from time to time, baka mayroong libre ako.

Re: Photoshop
Kapaan lang din yan e. The tutorials and books can only tell you so much, you have to practice editing your pics everyday. The Photoshop Bible is also a good reference. It is what helped me aside from the online tutorials.

toxic
09-21-2005, 03:40
DocT and Ppts799

check this out,baka related sa hobby nyo.
WPPP PHOTO CONGRESS 2005 Oct 9-11, Megatrade Hall 3, 5/L SM Megamall, Mandaluyong. 410-5561.

doctabako
09-21-2005, 07:30
DocT and Ppts799

check this out,baka related sa hobby nyo.
WPPP PHOTO CONGRESS 2005 Oct 9-11, Megatrade Hall 3, 5/L SM Megamall, Mandaluyong. 410-5561.

That's interesting, thanks for the heads-up. Nice to attend those shows even though we're not Professional Wedding and Portrait Photographers. Hope to find bargains in the trade shows. :)

kristiansen
09-21-2005, 07:39
anybody knows how much is the bigma here in manila?thanks.

ppts799
09-21-2005, 08:14
thanks for the info toxic!

i attended a digital photography expo last august at megamall also, and they had FREE seminars which were extremely helpful. may on the spot photo contest pa for participants with a cash prize of 10k.

there is also something cooking end of september at powerplant , sponsored by inquirer.

doctabako
09-21-2005, 08:47
Originally posted by kristiansen
anybody knows how much is the bigma here in manila?thanks.

Last time I asked(a few months back) it was around 55K. This is for the old model and not the DG version which has improved optics for DSLR's(mostly anti-reflection coatings).

kristiansen
09-21-2005, 19:19
thanks docT!;c

doctabako
09-23-2005, 01:19
ANG LAKAS NA NAMAN NG ULAN :soap:
Its also raining hard in Batangas City. The Wilson match was started today(although officially its for tomorrow) and according to Kuya Noli, Ed Yao and some members of Team PB are there waiting for the rain to stop ~sd

ppts799
09-26-2005, 02:11
anyone willing to share the cost of Mobil 1 (15W-50) with me? i just got one last week for P450, it's still sealed.

just PM or text me if interested. THANKS!

Eye Cutter
09-26-2005, 02:15
buy 3 more liters, get an oil change for your car, then yung matira, use in your pistols.

ppts799
09-26-2005, 08:16
mahal eh :)

Eye Cutter
09-26-2005, 08:30
maganda naman takbo ng kotse. sulit na sulit

st. matthew
10-02-2005, 05:31
taas ko lang;f ;f

was browsing ppsa website,may malaking bakbakan pala sa baguio at paoay, are you going guys? videos ha ;f ;f hwag kalimutan!!;f ;J ;J

may election pa pala, may tatakbo bang bogs?;f ;f

doctabako
10-03-2005, 09:28
Nominated si Cass at Racquel for eviction sa Pinoy Big Brother. Cass needs your vote so she won't be evicted on Saturday ;f txt BB CASS and send to 2331 for Globe and 231 for Smart.

Ayoko matanggal si Cass kasi wala na akong panonoorin/mamanyakin kung matatanggal siya. ;e ;z

SMBeerDealer
10-03-2005, 22:40
DocT, Pagnatanggal si Cass e di si Say nalang ang papanoorin by default. ;f

doctabako
10-03-2005, 23:16
Oo nga, ang puti na,ganda pa ng legs. Pero maganda pa rin kung marami sila. ;f Hayaan na maevict si Racquel ;g ;f

JuDGe
10-03-2005, 23:23
;f Hayaan na maevict si Racquel ;g ;f

;z ;z ;z

i_am_infinity
10-04-2005, 00:54
Guys ask ko lang, san meron mura mag benta ng winchester Ranger amoo for 40S&W dito satin besides nashe and stronghand? thanks po!!!

;)

gunfool
10-05-2005, 02:31
Guys bisitahin nyo dito si cass.;f

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/pinoy-big-brother-philippines/message/236

lagriffe
10-05-2005, 04:05
I_am_infinity, try going to starfire, along shaw blvd in pasig. They have stock of the .40 ammo you're looking for

doctabako
10-05-2005, 04:38
Originally posted by gunfool
Guys bisitahin nyo dito si cass.;f

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/pinoy-big-brother-philippines/message/236

Good one. ;f Those pictures were scans from a 2004 Desktop calendar featuring her and Katya Santos.

i_am_infinity
10-05-2005, 20:39
Originally posted by lagriffe
I_am_infinity, try going to starfire, along shaw blvd in pasig. They have stock of the .40 ammo you're looking for

sir,

any idea as to how much they sell? thanks

lagriffe
10-05-2005, 20:59
infinity, cant recall exact price. i think it was 65 each.

i_am_infinity
10-06-2005, 00:04
thanks sir!!

lagriffe
10-06-2005, 00:12
no prob!

ppts799
10-06-2005, 01:14
if you've been with globe for quite some time na, text "REWARDS" and send to 2279. they can give rewards either as rebate, Gcash, or handset discount. unlike previous promos, kahit weak user ka, you can avail.

i've been with globe for 7 years already, plan 250 only and usage is not that high. i can claim P11,000. the only catch is, your account will be locked for another 2 years. if you choose Gcash, they will pay quarterly daw. but i was told if you call customer service and request one time payment, it is possible for them to approve your request.

just wanted to share. sayang eh, better than nothing...

doctabako
10-06-2005, 02:30
My present postpaid number is only around 3 years old so I was only eligible for a 5,000 credit. Haven't claimed it yet, although I plan to use it for a handset discount. You can also text CLAIM to 2279 to determine if you are eligible.

doctabako
10-06-2005, 05:17
Congratulations to both my Alma Maters for a great UAAP basketball game. Would have wanted my High School and Pre-Med alma mater to win but those are the breaks of the game. Animo La Salle!!! ;f

Anyway my Med-Proper alma mater won so Congratulations Tamaraws !!!

batangueno
10-06-2005, 06:03
;1 At the end FEU was a better team. Congrats to the Tamaraws.

Let's try again next year. Animo La Salle!!! :)

Eye Cutter
10-06-2005, 06:05
kelan kaya ulit mananalo ang UP Maroons? Ang huli nila pennant 1986 pa ng andoon si Benjie Paras!

;e

gundog
10-06-2005, 08:09
how bout the knicks. they havent tasted champagne since 1973.:soap:
;a ;a

tanduay
10-06-2005, 08:30
Doc Eye Cutter

Just in case you haven't pre-registered for the PAO-AAO annual convention. Good news, the PAO has decided to subsidize the Registration fee so instead of 200 dollars you only have to pay the equivalent of 100 dollars(at the time I paid last week 5,600 php) as long as you're in good standing. :) See you there.

pwede ko malaman kung anong ibig sabiihin ngPAO-AAO? Sa photography ba yan?

ty

Eye Cutter
10-06-2005, 09:04
tanduay: meron joint meeting and convention ang philippine academy of ophthalmology and the american academy of ophthalmology this November

doctabako
10-06-2005, 10:24
Close fight daw sa PBB eviction. Tagilid si Cass ;f;f;f
vote BB CASS and send to 2331 for globe and Sun 231 for Smart and Talk and Text;e

Batanguena si Racquel pero ayaw ko pa rin sa kanya. `l

tanduay
10-07-2005, 03:19
tanduay: meron joint meeting and convention ang philippine academy of ophthalmology and the american academy of ophthalmology this November

hahaha kala ko phottohraphy. pwede kaya paayusin ng mata ko gawin xray vision? ;f

doctabako
10-07-2005, 10:20
yup! but just imagine how you would be focusing. magkakamot pa yun ng ulo kung ba't baliktad lens mo :) OR masasampal sa lapit ng focus mo.

ah, you want secret shots like boracay shots huh. BTW, can you use your 200mm with teleconverter without using a tripod? or do you just make sure your speed is around 400-600?

;z
For Macro(different from a close up portrait strictly speaking) what I use is a Canon 250D Close-up lens attached to my 75-300, a reversed 50mm more or less works the same way and is quite cumbersome since you need double ended reversal rings and has a shallower depth of field. Since it is used for small objects the only thing that would fit the FOV are small areas like the nipple, a nostril,the aformentioned "peanut" or this spider mugshot for example ;f
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/doctabako/MG_2290.jpg

Not really secret or stolen shots. What I had in mind is the 50mm f1.8 normal prime which is equivalent to an 80mm(low telephoto) in my 20D like in this photo of my nephews

http://www.dphoto.us/forumphotos/data/500/medium/MG_1851.jpg

Yes, the 200mm with teleconverter can still be used freehand since it's still an f5.6 and its easy to get shutter speeds of 1/focal length or greater like you said unless its really overcast wherein I would have to bump up the ISO or use a flash.

batangueno
10-07-2005, 22:25
Hahaha, sobrang lapit nga ng macro baka ganyan nakakatakot kapag kasing lapit ang picture ng nipple and "peanut". ;f

ppts799
10-07-2005, 22:34
docT: is saw sa PiPho you've been doing some "drive by shootings". why don't you join the Oh Henri (HCB) project?

i've tried the reverse lens without the adapter rings, pwede na din, for "emergency" cases. baka gusto ni batangueno actual size ang dating :)

doctabako
10-08-2005, 01:21
docT: is saw sa PiPho you've been doing some "drive by shootings". why don't you join the Oh Henri (HCB) project?

Actually, "drive by shootings" are what i enjoy doing most in Photography. Regarding the HCB project, I'm much too far away to be attending their shoots or EB's and I don't think I can find the time, I also don't know any of them, mukhang magkakakilala na silang lahat at hindi masyadong receptive sa mga newbie sa forum. Anyway that hasn't stopped me from contributing ;f Why didn't you join, you're in a much better position than me, being based there and having attended some of their shoot EB's. :)

ppts799
10-08-2005, 08:08
nah, i'm not there yet. masyadong mabigat ang subject na yun(HCB). pang macro at portrait pa ako.

ya, distance is a problem. i thought the same about posting and warmth with newbies, but when i met up with them, twice na, lamesa eco park and rockwee photo expo, they were all pretty friendly. it also seems that they know each other beause of their posts, but i learned a number of active members haven't even seen each other. i also found out that it originated as a spin off from two IT forums like tipid PC (yata) kaya july lang nag start.

doctabako
10-08-2005, 08:28
In a depressed country with a wide social disparity like ours, socially relevant subjects which comprise HCB's work are plentiful and can be seen readily in a lot of places. I'm sure you can hack it. :)

As I said, warm or not I don't let the attitudes of some of their posters affect me so I still contribute ;f Wala pa ring binatbat kumpara dito sa BOGs where attitude problems are few and far between :)

doctabako
10-08-2005, 08:43
Yeheeeyy!!! nanalo si Cass ;e ;e ;f ;f Na-evict si Racquel :)

Eye Cutter
10-08-2005, 09:35
hahaha! so my text vote was not in vain!

docT: madami bang may attitude problem doon sa pinoy photography? hindi pwede dito sa BoGs mga ganoon, mas madaming matindi pa sa Category 5 hurricane mga tao dito! hahahaha!

doctabako
10-08-2005, 10:21
hahaha! so my text vote was not in vain!

Maka-Cass ka rin pala.;f My libido thanks you for your support `l

docT: madami bang may attitude problem doon sa pinoy photography? hindi pwede dito sa BoGs mga ganoon, mas madaming matindi pa sa Category 5 hurricane mga tao dito! hahahaha!

;f Its not that bad, only a few rotten eggs, but from what I observe, they generally ignore newbies(specially in share-a-photo comments) and though it only happened to me a couple of times, some of them don't like getting advice from a newbie and ignore you and acknowledge only the subsequent veteran posters even if they just paraphrased what you said earlier ;g . They're okay if you're the one asking questions, so go figure ;e ;e ;f

Eye Cutter
10-08-2005, 10:27
hmmm, pareho din pala dito sa GT! hahaha!

let your work speak for itself, ika nga.

doctabako
10-08-2005, 12:08
;f siguro nga :)

The guys at the other website, PinoyPhotography.com(as opposed to .org) are friendlier to newbies but the problem is wala ng masyadong nagpopost at medyo nilalangaw na yung site. Sayang ganda pa naman ng interface.

toxic
10-08-2005, 23:42
;f ;f forum bashing ;f ;f

ppts799
10-09-2005, 09:17
oh, i didn't notice that kasi siguro bihira din naman ako mag post dun. mas madalas panga ako mag PM instead of post. isa palang ang guy na napansin kng alanganin but i heard napagsabihan na ng mods. well, i haven't seen a forum na mas "busy" pa kesa sa BOG. sa .COM ok ang mga model shoots ng mod ha. sana makasama tayo one day :)

doctabako
10-09-2005, 10:38
There are still lot of decent people there at Pipho.org with loads of expertise that we can learn from, which is why I'm still giving it a chance. Sarap nga sigurong makasama sa mga Glamour shoots ano? like FHM, Toys for the Boys ;f

I saw that you were selling your 80-200 Nikkor, where you able to sell it?

ppts799
10-09-2005, 19:15
I saw that you were selling your 80-200 Nikkor, where you able to sell it?
thre's a guy there, si pork, gets to shoot for FHM from time to time.

naka reserve na ang lens ko doc. 30mins after posting may nag pm na. kaya the thread was closed.

dinggaling
10-10-2005, 01:22
siyempre sali dyan ang team CPPSA! ;f

Tama ka judge, sali tayo dyan! ;)

doctabako
10-10-2005, 01:34

naka reserve na ang lens ko doc. 30mins after posting may nag pm na. kaya the thread was closed.

That's good. Bilis pala ng response. I'm still thinking about it but I'm planning to sell my less than a year old 75-300 IS USM since its just taking up space in my camera bag and I've only used it rarely since I got that 200L. Problem is baka baratin. I bought it for 36,500 how much do you think I should sell it in its almost brand new, rarely used, still under warranty condition? Would 30,000 be a fair price? or mahal pa rin?

ppts799
10-10-2005, 01:53
i'm not sure about the going price, but i'm sure babaratin yan especially at phphoto. but higher ang chances talaga to sell at phphoto.

i guess it's like a car, second hand is still second hand. they don't care if i just had the aircon fixed for 20k and the suspension fixed for 18k, kahit na may top of the line stereo...

ah, try din pala bidshot, a lot of photogs look there.