Uncle Tony's of Marikina [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Tony's of Marikina

Alexii
07-29-2005, 00:41
Di ba kapatid ni Uncle Mike's of Oregon to, he he.

Can anybody give me the address, contact no, and directions about this local holster maker? Any feedbacks would be greatly appreciated too. I've seen the rig of Ivan and it's still serviceable. If it can survive Homogenizer's use, then darn, it's good enough for me.;f

Thanks, guys.

9MX
07-29-2005, 00:57
Alexii,

This is his cell, 09272919760

His shop is easy to find. Look to your right after passing Loyola Memorial Park-Marikina, its right across CA Roque Machine Shop

Alexii
07-29-2005, 01:05
Thanks, Mannix. Just realized I said yes to Doc EC's IDPA proposal at PB and I don't have a holster yet for the guns I intend to use.:)

Eye Cutter
07-29-2005, 01:30
Mali, coming from QC, its on the left side after Loyola, right before the dry cleaning shop, diagonally across CA Roque.

9MX
07-29-2005, 03:22
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
Mali, coming from QC, its on the left side after Loyola, right before the dry cleaning shop, diagonally across CA Roque.

oo nga;g

sorry alexii:)

mirko128
07-29-2005, 08:21
Originally posted by Alexii
Any feedbacks would be greatly appreciated too.

I think it was just two months ago when my bud and I had a holster (ala Galco Avenger), mag pouch, and belt made by Mang Tony.

I read a few of the old posts (with pics) of Uncle Tony's work, so I thought to give him a try.

We'll, the end result was:
1. Both our belts were too short (only the last notch would fit).
2. My mag pouch was too thin, I think measured from a 9mm Glock -- mine was .45. The top adjustment screw would come loose if I try to adjust it to fit the .45.

In fairness to Uncle Tony, it wasn't him who did most of the work. There's another gentleman there, dunno if he's related or an assistant.

And I didn't bother going back to try to have the thing fixed -- my bud who did had his belt promptly replaced.

Also, if you're bringing a car, you can try parking at the back road directly parallel this main road. Enter by turning left at Loyola.

vega
07-29-2005, 08:30
Kelangan bantayan mo si Tony or matatagalan ang order mo. Deal with him and not with Anthony (son). Don't ever make deposit and babalikan na lang, pag balik mo doon lang nya gagawin. Unless na matagal ka na niya kilala he will do it without deposit. All my gears were made by Tony, kung alam kong may pupunta dito, text kagad ako kung ano ang order ko. Also with the help of my shooting buddies over there, I send pics of gears that I want.

Mas mabilis ang gawa kung kay Mrs. Tony mo oorderin, laging magkasama yung dalawa.

vega

9MX
07-29-2005, 09:20
what vega posted is sooooooo very true!

Eye Cutter
07-29-2005, 16:40
try n'yo rin yung Lordman across loyola gate.

Wp.22
07-29-2005, 17:57
Originally posted by vega
Kelangan bantayan mo si Tony or matatagalan ang order mo. Deal with him and not with Anthony (son). Don't ever make deposit and babalikan na lang, pag balik mo doon lang nya gagawin. Unless na matagal ka na niya kilala he will do it without deposit. All my gears were made by Tony, kung alam kong may pupunta dito, text kagad ako kung ano ang order ko. Also with the help of my shooting buddies over there, I send pics of gears that I want.

Mas mabilis ang gawa kung kay Mrs. Tony mo oorderin, laging magkasama yung dalawa.

vega

I agree with you sir twice na nagyari sa akin yan tuwing papagawa ako kung kailan ko kukunin tsaka lang gagawin.

isuzu
07-29-2005, 18:16
Try BNJ Leather Products in Bacolod. The owner's name is Nonoy Rodriguez. They make excellent belts and carry holsters. I even saw some of their belts at Maharlika Gun Store in California when I got to visit there in 1990. They also make good leather bags (pang regalo kay misis!).

Unfortunately, I forgot to bring their business card with me when we moved. You can always ask the PLDT information for their number.

They have durable products (I even have a belt that I have been wearing for almost everyday for 5 years). Nonoy is an honest to goodness guy.

mc_oliver
07-29-2005, 18:30
Btw, si Uncle Tony mey "CR" belt na rin. Stiff and seems well-made. Mas gusto ko yung inner belt kasi stiff din. Maybe 9mx can share his FR. ;)

9MX
07-29-2005, 19:56
yup, the "CR-speed" like belt is well worth the PhP700. My CR-speed G Model holster fits just right. However, the CR versa pouches fitted loosely so I remedied this by putting velcro stickers behind the pouches. Voila! it works!:cool:

will post pics later;)

nyordak17
07-29-2005, 21:40
guys, may available din kaya na JR Speed Belts kay Uncle Tony?
mag kano ba difference ng JR sa CR Speed belts? Ano mairerecommend nyo between the 2. i'm using Uncle Mike's Kydex holster nga pala and Fobus paddle mag pouch, ano kaya magandang ipareha sa mga to? Tnx in advance! :)

9MX
07-30-2005, 09:13
Originally posted by nyordak17
guys, may available din kaya na JR Speed Belts kay Uncle Tony?
mag kano ba difference ng JR sa CR Speed belts? Ano mairerecommend nyo between the 2. i'm using Uncle Mike's Kydex holster nga pala and Fobus paddle mag pouch, ano kaya magandang ipareha sa mga to? Tnx in advance! :)

Only items made by Uncle Tony are available from him.

JR Belt - 1K, CR Belt - 3.5K

here is the pic of uncle tony's belt, attached are my versa pouches and cr-speed g model

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/9MX/Competition%20Gear/tonyrig.jpg

mc_oliver
07-30-2005, 18:23
Tawagin natin yung kay uncle tony TR speed belt. ;f

vega
07-31-2005, 09:45
Kung alam ko lang na may TR belt na si Tony dapat yan na lang ang inorder ko. That's only $20 compared sa prices dito. Sino ba ang susunod na pupunta dito?

vega

9MX
07-31-2005, 18:14
Originally posted by vega
Kung alam ko lang na may TR belt na si Tony dapat yan na lang ang inorder ko. That's only $20 compared sa prices dito. Sino ba ang susunod na pupunta dito?

vega

hahaha, latest edition yan vega. i just don't who would be travelling this year;)