Has anyone seen Gigantour? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen Gigantour?

MarmaladeBoy
07-31-2005, 01:11
Anyone been to Gigantour with Megadeth/Dream Theater and a zillion other bands? I must admit that I'm only interested in seeing Megadeth (and maybe Dream Theater... they're okay, but not my fav) perform. It says on my ticket that the event starts at 4:30... obviously, if Megadeth as the main leading act doesn't play until 10 or something, I'm gonna be in for a very boring day.

I was wondering if anyone has seen Gigantour in any of its previous venues, and when I should expect to see the mighty Megadeth?

Altaris
07-31-2005, 09:23
I saw Anthrax, Megadeth, and Motley Crue in Houston about 4 or 5 years ago. Great show.
Some guys up front were yelling for Dave to play some of his old Metallica songs that he helped write. So he started screaming into the mic, "Shut the F* up. I will play whatever the F* I want. This is my band, you got that!" Hahahaha it was great ;f

groundhawg
07-31-2005, 21:14
this could be a great show, i just found out that its coming to cincinati 8/16. im going to try my best to be there. of course megadeth shows are great but i would like to see dream theater, ive known of them for a long time but havent heard their music. fear factory is very heavy. im also interested in dillinger escape plan,again ive heard of but never heard their music. looks like anthrax is taking dream theaters place for the last 5 shows---gotta love anthrax..............groundhawg

Dangermouse
08-03-2005, 07:02
I only went to see Dream Theater and Symphony X. I'm sorry but the band Megadeth doesn't exist anymore. It's more like the Dave Mustaine Band.

BTW, the Dave Mustaine Band comes on last.

FoxMustang
08-03-2005, 08:03
I've heard from some folks on the west coast, they said it was an awesome show overall. Wish they were coming here. I'd like to see DT, Symphony X, and Nevermore.

MarmaladeBoy
08-03-2005, 19:43
Originally posted by Dangermouse
I only went to see Dream Theater and Symphony X. I'm sorry but the band Megadeth doesn't exist anymore. It's more like the Dave Mustaine Band.

BTW, the Dave Mustaine Band comes on last.

Do you recall whenabouts they played? (by the clock...)

Dangermouse
08-04-2005, 02:18
Probably around 9.

MarmaladeBoy
08-04-2005, 07:55
Danke!

groundhawg
08-25-2005, 15:13
well has anyone seen it yet? i was planning on going to the cincinnati show but but my metal buddies boged out and i thought it unsafe and unwise to go to a metal concert by myself with one arm already broken.makes it tough to push in the pit and~2 ~2. i listened to some dream theater and they sound like a chick band. they may be good musicians but they dont mesh with megadeth imho. the first time i saw megadeth was with corrosion of conformity, they went together like
pbnj..............groundhawg