Cheap FMJ ammo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cheap FMJ ammo

i_am_infinity
08-01-2005, 10:39
Guys,

do u know where i can buy cheap 40cal FMJ ammo? a friend needs 100 rds for break in purposes only not for carry or defense load. thanks

Regards,

i_am_infinity :cool:

batangueno
08-01-2005, 10:42
Buy 40cal fmj heads and brass from Armscor then have them reloaded at Stronghand.

i_am_infinity
08-01-2005, 10:44
sir do u have any idea kung how much po ung heads and shell? thanks :)

Vault Keeper
08-01-2005, 18:52
Sayang, last gunshow armscor .40 sw was selling only at Php14+ lang...

i_am_infinity
08-01-2005, 19:10
o nga daw eh...due to time constraints d kami naka punta ng gunshow...thanks anyway.

More suggestions would be much appreciated po.

Thanks

Regards,
i_am_infinity :cool:

mc_oliver
08-01-2005, 19:53
I was able to buy 50 pcs at Php9 ea. Kaso yung isang round kala ko set-back yung ulo, yun pala 10mm yung shell. ;P

i_am_infinity
08-01-2005, 21:45
mco,

armscor b yan? for my gun i was planning on just using teflon heads for break in..since ur the "kalikot expert" i would highly regard ur suggestion and opinion ;) so would this be ok? thanks...musta singapore??? :)

st. matthew
08-01-2005, 22:51
Originally posted by batangueno
Buy 40cal fmj heads and brass from Armscor then have them reloaded at Stronghand.

if i were to do this to my 9mms how much would i save per bullet? i use armscors' and they were 18 pesos/ ,that was may of this year .thanks :)

mc_oliver
08-02-2005, 00:12
Originally posted by i_am_infinity
mco,

armscor b yan? for my gun i was planning on just using teflon heads for break in..since ur the "kalikot expert" i would highly regard ur suggestion and opinion ;) so would this be ok? thanks...musta singapore??? :)
Yep armscor. JMO, but I think you should use FMJ muna kahit mga 300 rounds lang. ;)

isuzu
08-02-2005, 00:16
all my 1911s started with reloads for their first rounds. I used 200 gr H & G #68 with 4.8gr WW231. I compared the accuracy with a friend's new 1911 (we had the same brands and set up) and he used FMJ and found no difference whatsoever after the break-in. We thought that my 1911 would not shoot well, but this didn't happen. I even used her reloads for carry, just bringing up the powder charge to what Bill Wilson compiled in his book of the 1911 (it's an old, red book) from early IPSC shooters. If you can get a hold of this book, get one. It's the foundation of what almost all 1911s are now.

Provided you get a reliable reload with the appropriate mixture of linotype on the heads, then you have a good reload for break in. I have seen reloads with really bad heads that even a .45 ACP would leave a lot of lead in the barrel.

I used to have my reloads done at Club 44 in Silay City. Unfortunately, after the lease expired on the range, the members lost interest and eventually the reloading business also closed.

The one in charge of reloading was Candi. She didn't use progressive reloader, but rather was very comfortable with the single press. She started reloading in the '70s at the Singcang Gun Club and all those years of experience really paid off for her. Never had a FTF or a jam with her reloads.

If you're using a .40, I suggest the least you can use for break-in is teflon-coated bullets, since .40s have a higher pressure and higher velocities than .45 ACPs.

batangueno
08-02-2005, 06:04
sir do u have any idea kung how much po ung heads and shell? thanks :)
Originally posted by st. matthew
if i were to do this to my 9mms how much would i save per bullet? i use armscors' and they were 18 pesos/ ,that was may of this year .thanks :)
I'm sure mas mura aabutin. Also, the powder used would be Vihtavuori which is much cleaner than the powder Armscor is using.

st. matthew
08-02-2005, 06:17
thanks will do this next time, by the way where is stronghand located?do they have shops outside manila like near baguio?salamat ulit:) #wav

tanduay
08-02-2005, 06:33
thanks will do this next time, by the way where is stronghand located?do they have shops outside manila like near baguio?salamat ulit:) #wav

A. roces ave. tel #3732311

vega
08-02-2005, 09:00
Originally posted by isuzu
all my 1911s started with reloads for their first rounds.
The reason you want to use factory loads on your new pistol so that you can eliminate the ammo when something goes wrong. The problem with them back in RP is they don't have much selection to choose from. Well they do have a choice but it is very expensive.

Sure you can use reloads but like you said, it has to be reliable.

vega

i_am_infinity
08-02-2005, 09:02
Thanks for the replies, i'll do some costings and will post it ASAP. thanks po.

Mco, i think i'll stick with FMJ, since i got an email from George Smith of EGW telling me to use FMJ. Thanks again

Regards,
JJ

st. matthew
08-02-2005, 15:54
Originally posted by tanduay
A. roces ave. tel #3732311

thanks, #wav

isuzu
08-03-2005, 00:06
Thanks for the replies, i'll do some costings and will post it ASAP. thanks po.

Mco, i think i'll stick with FMJ, since i got an email from George Smith of EGW telling me to use FMJ. Thanks again

Regards,
JJ

Also try the Shuemann Barrels website. It has a very extensive tech information on barrels.

mikey177
08-03-2005, 00:09
...by the way where is stronghand located? do they have shops outside manila like near baguio?

Strong Hand Urdaneta City (about 1-and-a-half hours from Baguio)
McArthur Highway, near CSI and McDonald's
Tel. (075) 568-4424

st. matthew
08-03-2005, 08:33
Originally posted by mikey177
Strong Hand Urdaneta City (about 1-and-a-half hours from Baguio)
McArthur Highway, near CSI and McDonald's
Tel. (075) 568-4424

thanks bro #wav