Walmart Music Down Loads [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Music Down Loads

mfackler
08-01-2005, 11:41
My wife is interested in Down loading MP3s from Walmart. Try as I might I am unable to find out what port(s) I need to open on my firewall to make this happened. The only advise on the help sight is "contact you sys admin." Not real helpful when thats me. Does anyone know how to make this work? or how I can find out?

Thanks in advance.

Be Safe

Mike

Edited to add

Never mind. Found another problem. Not ports. Thanks anyway.

DeadMansLife
08-01-2005, 20:46
I'm using ZoneAlarm and it downloads fine9when I allow it). The only problem I have found with Walmart's *.wma downloads is I cannot transfer them to a Phillips mp3 (wma compatable) player.

IndyGunFreak
08-02-2005, 11:08
Originally posted by DeadMansLife
I'm using ZoneAlarm and it downloads fine9when I allow it). The only problem I have found with Walmart's *.wma downloads is I cannot transfer them to a Phillips mp3 (wma compatable) player.

Same here...

Is there any way to convert them to MP3? I've tried using Magix Media manager, and I keep getting a "Protected file" error.

IGF

IndyGunFreak
08-02-2005, 19:01
Well Google is your friend.

I just found out what DRM is.

IGF

DeadMansLife
08-02-2005, 19:31
Interesting, but I bought the lisecen from walmart and it still does not allow me to transfer to the mp3 player.

EvilGenius
08-02-2005, 20:00
people, people, people.

can I recommend a much better, much more user-friendly(no DRM) site?

100% legal

http://www.mp3search.ru

yes, I use them
Yes, I trust them
Yes, I know others who have used them

IndyGunFreak
08-02-2005, 20:13
Lot of googling, and an 18 dollar program, I figured out how to get around DRM'd files and convert them to MP3's.

FWIW, I agree with DeadMan, I bought it, paid for it, I should be able to listen to it and copy it as I see fit.

IGF

DeadMansLife
08-03-2005, 13:43
I bought it, paid for it, I should be able to listen to it and copy it as I see fit.

Exactly! I have no intention of selling it or copying it for someone else but I want it on my mp3 player!