Krav Maga [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Krav Maga

Jones Boy
08-03-2005, 14:38
I'm interested in this form. I've read some stuff on the national site for KM. However, I wanted to know if anyone here takes Krav Maga. It appeared to me that there are no katas or eastern religion or rituals. Do they have a belt system or is it primarily a learn to execute and practice idea. Any information would be fantastic or links to more sites.
Thanks

Skpotamus
08-03-2005, 16:38
Real Krav Maga seems to be a decent system for self defense that emphasizes fitness and striking to get locks. Howver, it's been mcdojo-ized. You can get an instructor certification in it thru the mail now, and as a result, a lot of TKD McDojo's have added it to their curriculums.

Look hard at any school before you join, not just krav maga, ask the instructor if you can watch a class or two and see what they're doing. If you like what you see, start giong.

Roundeyesamurai
08-03-2005, 18:50
Use the search button in the upper right-hand corner.

;f

Skpotamus
08-04-2005, 02:25
Is the search function finally working again? The darned thing was down for quite a while

Roundeyesamurai
08-04-2005, 07:11
Originally posted by Skpotamus
Is the search function finally working again?

Yup!

rdanfox
08-05-2005, 16:38
I have been taking krav maga for about six months now. The only other martial arts I have any experience with is tae won do, which I did not really enjoy. krav maga seems to me to be a really good system and the fitness aspect is really good. There is a level or belt system but at our school nobody wears these belts. Most everyone there has the mindset that they are there to train for real life scenerios and that the only real test is if they ever have to defend themselveson the street. I have only passed the level one test, which was about an hour and a half of constant movement, pretty tough.