imbel firearms [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : imbel firearms

isuzu
08-03-2005, 23:53
Is Imbel still available in the Philippines? I checked out their website at www.imbel.gov.br and they have quite good products. Twin Pines used to sell them. They even had copies of FAL rifles. During the 1990's Twin Pines was selling Imbel .45s and .38 Supers for about P20,000.00.

paltic
08-04-2005, 00:02
...parang binawalan yata ng springfield armory ang imbel na magbenta pa dito sa atin:( para ang tangkilikin lamang natin ay ang mahal nilang products made by Imbel:cool:

isuzu
08-04-2005, 18:48
Originally posted by paltic
...parang binawalan yata ng springfield armory ang imbel na magbenta pa dito sa atin:( para ang tangkilikin lamang natin ay ang mahal nilang products made by Imbel:cool:

I heard that also. Springfield reportedly prohibited Imbel from selling to countries where they distribute their products. That's ridiculous. Imagine, an Imbel with a Springfield Armory logo automatically doubles or triples the price.

gunfool
08-04-2005, 20:10
Kaya pala, I see no Imbel at Twin Pines anymore.;P

isuzu
08-05-2005, 00:26
Originally posted by gunfool
Kaya pala, I see no Imbel at Twin Pines anymore.;P

Otherwise, their Rock Islands wouldn't sell if Imbel pistols would still be available, don't you agree?

I'd still go for the Norinco instead of Rock Island.:)

Valor1
08-05-2005, 18:00
I believe there is no exclusive distributor of Springfields in the Philippines. Twin Pines stopped selling them becuase they get a better profit margin with the Rock Islands (not to mention the fact that they own the brand).

paltik45
08-07-2005, 20:54
Originally posted by isuzu
Otherwise, their Rock Islands wouldn't sell if Imbel pistols would still be available, don't you agree?

I'd still go for the Norinco instead of Rock Island.:)

I agree with you Kabayan. Imbel is just half a rank lower than norinco when it comes to metallurgy (both guns are forged). But when it comes to the finish product Imbel is on the the upper bracket. :cool:

horge
08-08-2005, 01:36
Just my take:
Springfield Armory Inc. of Geneseo, Illinois* is a pretty small-time outfit compared to Industria Material Belico do Brasil (IMBEL). It cannot really tell IMBEL what not to do.

The reason I suspect that Twin Pines no longer carries IMBEL products is that IMBEL no longer supplies RIA parts. When Twin Pines switched over to Armscor as a manufacturing subcontractor, there was no longer as much motivation for reserving shelf space for IMBEL.

I haven't heard of an official distributor for Springfield Armory Inc. here either. Pity, because it might be just the sort of thing to light a fire under Armscor, and get the latter to take the next step in evolving its product lines.

----------
FWIW, Bob Reese bought the rights to the name 'Springfield Armory' in 1974 and later set up shop in Illinois. The original government arsenal, the legendary Springfield Armory of Springfield, Massachussetts, was controversially closed by the US government in 1968.