best mail client [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : best mail client

JinVA
08-05-2005, 08:52
I do NOT want to use outlook express.
What's out there that is functional and secure?

Furant
08-05-2005, 09:07
Try Mozilla Thunderbird (http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/). I use it on my Linux platforms and have installed it on computers for friends. It's very intuitive and has all of the benefits of the other Mozilla products including multi-platform support, open source, many extensions for adding functionality, etc.

pyblood
08-05-2005, 09:08
I think that mostly everyone here will recommend Thunderbird as an alternative to OE.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

HerrGlock
08-05-2005, 09:15
pine
elm

xiamin/novell evolution...

Oh, you're looking for windows clients?
DanH

G. Gunman
08-05-2005, 09:24
:) Ahh, come on. OE ain't all that bad! Third party programs aside, you could always set up a disposable Yahoo or Google account. The advantage here is that you have a certain degree of, 'internet anominity' (As long as you don't mind sharing your initial account information with all the data collection bureaus that Google and Yahoo are connected with.)

The other big deal about Yahoo and Google is that you have quick and easy access to a full service e-mail utility from any computer - anywhere in the world. If your computer access time is limited you can, also, download and then select, 'work offline' from the File menu in order to peruse your correspondence. In short Outlook Express is the preferred e-mail utility over Microsoft Outlook; and Google or Yahoo are handy for people who travel alot and need a full-feature e-mail program.

If you're suspicious about who's reading your mail, well, about the only way you're going to get complete mail privacy, today, is to go back a hundred years and use carrier pigeons! ;f

(PS: If you take one of the upgraded annual fee programs from Yahoo or Google, then, you will, also, be able to directly access your OE account from within either internet site.)

JinVA
08-06-2005, 07:47
Thanks folks
I use firefox already, may as well get the whole shebang.
I do use "disposable" emails, but need a secure client for my permanent email.