Ben Folds [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ben Folds

maverick-tx
08-05-2005, 17:49
Who out there likes the crap outta some Ben Folds/Five?

84S
08-05-2005, 22:43
He's pretty awesome. I got to see him play in bars before they ever released a CD. He puts on a show for sure. He is a great musician and he writes lyrics that have a point.

AnimalK
08-09-2005, 18:17
I used to work with Robert Sledge(Bass player) at a company called "Woodworx" making professional audio cabinets (JBL). At the time, he played with "Toxic Popsicle" around the Greensboro Scene. Before that, he was with a band out of Kinston called "Lexx Luthor". Underneath his pensive BFF outside is a chewy, nougat-y METALHEAD!!!

Glad he made it big.

ffcracker
08-13-2005, 05:27
I saw him in concert about two years ago and have to admit he put on a great show.
And it wasnt all about his music but they way he talks to the crowd and the stories he tels between songs.
I would go see him again.

sopdan
09-02-2005, 20:47
I'm a little late, as I don't venture down to the Music Forum as often as I should...

I, too, am a fan of Ben Folds. There's just something about his music that no matter what mood I'm in, I can pop it in and be pleased. Haven't seen him live, and wouldn't you know it, he'll be at my alma mater in a few weeks... too bad I just moved half way across the country a month ago. ~sd